Shadow Gangs (Dreamcast version) Kickstarter now live

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sengoku Strider

Re: Shadow Gangs (Dreamcast version) Kickstarter now live

Post by Sengoku Strider »

That looks cool, love the idea of an updated take on OG Shinobi.
shadowgangs

Post by shadowgangs »

Sengoku Strider wrote:That looks cool, love the idea of an updated take on OG Shinobi.
:D
Please share the news to people that might be interested on it.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Are the sprites being redrawn currently and is that the reason the KS goal is set so high? Looks like they're downscaled from the original assets for now(?).

And is it getting a true arcade mode a la Exa version (with shorter stages, in particular)?

Good luck with the project, no matter what.
shadowgangs

Post by shadowgangs »

Bassa-Bassa wrote:Are the sprites being redrawn currently and is that the reason the KS goal is set so high? Looks like they're downscaled from the original assets for now(?).

And is it getting a true arcade mode a la Exa version (with shorter stages, in particular)?

Good luck with the project, no matter what.
Thank you mate;

Not redrawn, downscaled.
For the goal, I would like an amount that keep me motivated, and also would help to break even. (still not breaking even while on 3 platforms already, far from that).

Exa I can't talk about this now.
velo

Post by velo »

The original arcade Shinobi is a favorite of mine so I took a chance on this one when it first turned up on Switch. I was really impressed, put a lot of time into it. The highest difficulty is still too much for me, but I haven't given up yet. Some day!
shadowgangs

Post by shadowgangs »

velo wrote:The original arcade Shinobi is a favorite of mine so I took a chance on this one when it first turned up on Switch. I was really impressed, put a lot of time into it. The highest difficulty is still too much for me, but I haven't given up yet. Some day!
Thank you for sharing your experience with it.
If you finish it in the hard mode "Crimson Ninja", let me know and I will add you to the Crimson Ninjas hall of fame. (Currently there are 4 worldwide I know of).
You'll be added to the end credits.