SP Review: Racing "Challenge Mode Edition" (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: Racing "Challenge Mode Edition" (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

IT'S SUNDAY!!

Get up! Party time!

For everyone, Sunday is "Funday", but for those who write reviews and post YouTube Platinum Guides is something different...

I was hoping not to play those games again...

Why it has to be a day of regret, grief and absolute horror?, The answer are two simple words: BREAKTHROUGH GAMING.

Well, for most gamers it might a tragedy and a burden. But for me, here I am laughing like an idiot while I'm writing this review. Yeah, because each time they come up with a "Game" it turns out to be a joke.

Anyway, this Sunday the trash came to us once again, and to make things worse, with all the loose ends of their projects, those bastards decided to come up with ANOTHER of their "Challenge Mode" editions. This time is Breakthrough Gaming's Racing "Challenge Mode Edition". So, let's take another dive into the Sea of the Pathetic.

This makes a Game and Watch game look like Forza Motorsport.

If you hadn't play the original game, this is virtually identical. The objective is to get all the flags you can get throughout the stage without falling on the holes. On each stage, the scrolling speed will gradually increase along with the number of holes. It is very sure that you'll lose at the fourth level as the speed will make hole dodging unavoidable and after touching the first hole you'll lose.
For a game with the word "Racing" on it, it lacks of what makes a racing game worth of its place on the genre: Competition. There's no rivals to challenge or position system or even time limit for a "Race against time" challenge. It fails on every purpose as the game consists on just moving across the screen picking flags.

You've got all the trophies.
You can uninstall the game after you stop laughing.

This is where I ended up laughing like an idiot. The reason why? Get 40 flags and play the game once and that's your Platinum and 11 Gold Trophies in a single session. Three minutes of my life and 1 dollar wasted for the sake of "Trophy Exploitation".

This is far more entertaining than Breakthrough Gaming's abominations.

The graphics are the same as the original. The usual monochrome crap that plagued the original game, along with the horrible Title Screen/Level Clear/Game Over theme that sounds like Duck Hunt's Title Screen on Crack.

ImageImage
God had mercy on us Nina, at least for now.

If it wasn't for the trophies, this game has no reason to exist. Unless you want to laugh for a couple of minutes to the display of stupidity and clumsiness this game is.

We can only hope these "Bible Game Sundays" end soon.
For the sake of mental health.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki