SP Review: Avoid Them "Challenge Mode Edition" (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: Avoid Them "Challenge Mode Edition" (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Every Sunday...
The trash...
will come...
to us.

More Breaktrhough Gaming crap to crack a few laughs. This time I have the disgrace to present you Avoid Them "Challenge Mode Edition".

Shall I laugh or cry? That's pathetic.

Remember what I've said when I was reviewing Breakthrough Gaming's Track "Challenge Mode Edition"?
Sturmvogel Prime wrote:"I just hope this Challenge Mode Edition branding doesn't become a trend and end up re-releasing the whole Breakthrough Gaming Arcade titles."
Looks like my premonition has become a horrible truth, because they came up with another addition to their sorriest excuse of "Challenge Mode" titles.
The gameplay of Avoid Them "Challenge Mode" Edition if you hadn't played the original game, its basically unchanged. The objective is to avoid the balls falling from the sky while you try to aim for the highest score possible. For your luck (more like misfortune) you have 3 lives. Like Super Mario Bros., "1" is the new "0" because if you get hit with the Tries at 1, it's Game Over. You can win extra tries/lives by reaching certain amounts of points in your score, how many? I have no idea since the only thing I was doing was to dodge things while laughing at how lazy and imbecile this "improvisation" of the original game was. Is not as low as Catch the Bowling Balls and I wouldn't be surprised if Breakthrough Gaming decides to re-release it as a "Challenge Mode Edition", well fine for me since their trash only serves me to pick 12 quick and cheap trophies for a buck. Yeah, that's the whole reason this game and all of Breakthrough Gaming's catalog exists. Not to mention to make God upset to see how the Bible is used as an excuse to release trash. The biblical lesson of this game is the same as the original: Avoiding "Toxic" people. Well, I've learned something else; Avoid this damned game.

Graphics and sound are the same sad pathetic attempt to "Old School", but I swear God the Atari 2600 had much better quality graphics (and even more colors) than this. Not all the old stuff has to be black and white. If Breakthrough Gaming was thinking on improve it, they should at least put in practice what they've learned on Zippy The Circle with those simple 3D graphics.

In the end, Avoid Them "Challenge Mode Edition" is a disgrace that should not exist like the other Challenge Mode Editions of Track and Baseball. ¿Where's the creativity in those games? They were probably ran over by a car and dead half way through.

Shizuka's words sums up the whole thing.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki