SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming Get to the Top (PS4-PS5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming Get to the Top (PS4-PS5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

The final chapter of the Breakthrough Gaming Arcade calvary is finally here.
As usual, don't expect too much words with an empty game like this.

James likes the little web.
Little Web-Little Web-Little Web-Little Web-Little Web!

The objective of this "Game" is to jump until you reach the goal. While this remains simple, the game increases its difficulty by increasing the number of platforms to jump and making the projectiles go faster and even throwing two at a time on the same platform. The worst part of this is the jump itself. Unlike a vintage platformer like Super Mario Bros. where the jump's height is decided by how we pressed the A button, here, doing a single tap or the press and hold of the jump button will be the same thing: Making a high jump, and sometimes you'll end up hitting a bullet before you land.

Like most of Breakthrough Gaming Arcade titles, the game has zero tolerance to player mistakes. One single time you get hit by a bullet is Game Over and you have to start all over. Didn't the Bible and Jesus taught us to forgive when someone fails?, In these games is the entire opposite as the game doesn't predict with the example.
Fortunately, there's a few cheat codes to help you. Down and X at the title screen sends you to Level 7, acting as a continue code, Left and X is to Level 5 and Up and X is Level 10. Pressing Right and X activates invincibility and still you can get the trophies with the code enabled.

You've got'em all.
Now delete this game already.

Speaking of trophies, that's what this game exists for, to pick all the trophies: Clear 5 levels, clear 5 phases, die once and the Platinum for getting the trophies. Got all of them?, Well done and get rid of this game for good.

I'm sure God doesn't want you to play trash games.

Graphically, the game is as all the previous games of this "Arcade" collection: Your dull, lifeless black background and a white sprite of a pathetic, childish rendition of a man. However, what is surprising here was the use of another color, in this case, orange, for the platforms. A simple detail that breaks with the monotony. As for the sounds, as terrible as always and talking about it after 10 games of the series is basically repeating myself.

Well, as all the rest of Breakthrough Gaming Arcade titles, Get to the Top shows us how NOT to make a game in the Name of God, even if the game is a Trophy Milker.
How on Earth these games made its way to the PlayStation Store?, Is Sony blind or they don't care? Answer me, Dear God.
The good news is this concludes the horrendous Breakthrough Gaming Arcade saga. The bad news is there's still more of them with that craptastic Bowling games from Project Summer Ice.

Looks like I'm in a Via Dolorosa of [EXPLETIVE] games already.

I know, Lea. All of this is painful to endure.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki