Super Robot Wars 30th anniversary stream

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
xxx1993

Super Robot Wars 30th anniversary stream

Post by xxx1993 »

Anybody watching it? It's on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_dSidSjSgE
BIL

Re: Super Robot Wars 30th anniversary stream

Post by BIL »

Holy cow, it really has been 30 years since I first started seeing those previews in EGM's import section. Always liked the look/sound of this series. Never really sought it out, just liked knowing it was still trucking along, especially with the famously involved licensing arrangements.
Licorice

Post by Licorice »

The PS2 entries have a good reputation among the hardcore LTC crowd. I had a great time with SRW3, which was one of the only ones with a translation patch at the time. Unlike other turn based tactics games on a similar scale, there was a huge emphasis on limited use AOE attacks from your mega fortress, luring the bulk of all enemies into that, and using detachments to clean up stragglers or to gang up on reinforcements.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Used to watch this all the time - in the U.K Craig Charles at the high of Red Dwarf fame presented it, mind you even at such a young age I could tell certain of the entrants were a little on the sad side shall we say... :roll:

I used to love it when a Robot some team had just said they'd spent a year building, got torched by one of the "House Robots" :twisted:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Flashman wrote:Used to watch this all the time - in the U.K Craig Charles at the high of Red Dwarf fame presented it, mind you even at such a young age I could tell certain of the entrants were a little on the sad side shall we say... :roll:

I used to love it when a Robot some team had just said they'd spent a year building, got torched by one of the "House Robots" :twisted:
Wut?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Flashman wrote:Used to watch this all the time - in the U.K Craig Charles at the high of Red Dwarf fame presented it, mind you even at such a young age I could tell certain of the entrants were a little on the sad side shall we say... :roll:

Not sure if joking. This topic is about the Super Robot Wars series of strategy games, not the UK robot competition show Robot Wars. Are any of the recent entries in the series recommended now that many have an English translation? It's not only the 30th anniversary, but there's even a new game to go with the anniversary.