Breakthrough Gaming's Racing (PS4 - PS5 - XB1 - X|S)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Breakthrough Gaming's Racing (PS4 - PS5 - XB1 - X|S)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

The trash game onslaught continues.
This time is Breakthrough Gaming's Racing.

A perfect example of how NOT to make a racing game.

While most racing themed games focus the premise of the race on either end on 1st place like Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road to advance or reaching the goal within a time limit like Out-Run and Super Hang-On, Breakthrough Gaming decided to be lazy (as usual from them) and turn the race into a boring "pick all the flags you can get" without falling into the potholes. If you fall on them once, it's Game Over and you have to start all over. Like in Football and Baseball, there's no licences to use, so forget about WRC, NASCAR, IMSA, Monster Jam, etc. Just your generic crappy race car (if we can call that weird thing car, I'll talk about that later). There's no competitors either, so that kills the concept of a race on its entirety. As an obstacle avoiding game, it relies on speed increase based on progression. Now, when this is done right, it might become fun and challenging, but things go out of control soon and that's in Level 4, as the speed goes to ridiculous levels. I can understand a 5% of speed increase on each level, but here it feels like if the game does a 25% boost per level, and with the 1 mistake and you're dead, there's basically no room for error and feels like if the game wants you out almost immediately like if the game says "Please have mercy on me and keep away from me, that's why I'm pulling stupid difficulty".

For the love of God, uninstall this game once you've get all the trophies.

With the gameplay said and done, the game's only reason to exists is to give you 12 cheap and get-quick trophies that you'll unlock in a minute or so. This only applies to the PlayStation 4 and 5 releases.
Audiovisually, is as atrocious and lame as all of the catalogue of trash games this company has to offer. The "car" if we can call it like that, doesn't look like a recognizeable model unless you think that's one of the ground vehicles from the Alien franchise. Yeah, it's the Weyland APC Racing Team. It is worth of mention that AT LEAST they've bothered to put some music in the background of this awful game, but its as awful as the whole game and feels like NES gone wrong.

I had to do a wrong thing to save the others.
That wrong thing was to play this game.

The sacrifices that I have to do so you don't have to fall on a mistake. Breakthrough Gaming's Racing is a catastrophe of gaming disguised as a game that anyone must avoid like the plague.
Just one more game to go: Breakthrough Gaming's Skateboarding.

Lea hates you.
Now get the [EXPLETIVE] out.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki