Breakthrough Gaming's Baseball (PS4-PS5 - XB1 Series X|S)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Breakthrough Gaming's Baseball (PS4-PS5 - XB1 Series X|S)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

More Breakthrough Gaming trash.
This time is Breakthrough Gaming's Baseball.

Get me out of this ballgame, let's run off with the crowd.
Forget the peanuts and Cracker Jack.
I don't care, 'cos I'm not coming back.

Baseball is the sport of excellence in America. You can imagine the thrills people experience in the stadium as we see everyone entering with happy faces and tickets in hand. From watching the players enter the field, hearing the engine roar of the F-15's or watch the ominous shadow of a B2 stealth bomber flying over at the end of the national anthem, the guest celebrity saying "PLAY BALL!" heralding the 1st Inning and not to mention the traditional "Take me out to the ballgame" at the 7th Inning stretch. America's love for this sport has taken a very special place in their hearts as the stadiums are crowded to the max, tickets sell out fast, families and friends reunite every season and they are happy to bring that sport home in one way or another, and gaming is one of those ways.

Porting baseball to videogames was always a successful thing to do...until Breakthrough Gaming made this thing.
So, let's talk about the gameplay, and trust me on this; this is not gonna take too much. The reason why? Because almost everything I've said on the Football review applies here. There's not too much Baseball in this game. All the key essential things that make this sport are non-existant here: No Major League Baseball or Minor League, no licensed teams, no "Take me out to the ballgame", no pitchers, no rules, no home runs, it's a disaster already. The only baseball parts in this game is that you are in a local baseball team (according to the store description) as the catcher, and like so, your objective is to catch balls that are going to be thrown in random trajectories, while this sounds interesting due to the use of calculating the game's "attack vectors", sometimes it pulls nasty and cheap curve balls like a ball that's thrown way too low, too fast than the player, or even making an unrealistic spin while falling as if the game is cheating just to troll you. Whatever happens, if you fail once, it's Game Over and you have to start all over again. I'm not kidding, just check dodgerfilms video to see the cheap ball throws The only controls used in this game is left and right, catching the ball counts when the character sprite touches the ball.

Get the trophies, uninstall it, you're done with this game.

Well, since this is an "Anything for a buck" game, it's sole purpose on the PlayStations 4 and 5 is to grant you 12 trophies like the rest of the games. If you've picked the XBOX One and Series X|S versions them I'm sorry for you 'cos Breakthrough Gaming didn't cared to include achievement support in their games. I've learned the hard way with the XB1 port of Space 2.
And you know what's the sorriest, saddest and most pathetic part of the trophy unlocking? Getting all the trophies will take you not 5, not 3 or 2 minutes, it takes you 40 seconds, FOURTY GOD DAMNED SECONDS to get everything. I know I'm playing and indie game, I know I'm playing a game from a Christian developer, but that doesn't mean it has to be THAT cheap and lame in terms of progression.

Graphics and sound, well... Not too much to say, they're pathetic and zero-budget as the rest of their games, once again we have a black and white screen with the worst sprites ever. Well, it's worth to mention that the game designer made an attempt on give a basic 3D look with the fence in the background, but the lack of colors doesn't contribute to add that sense of dimension. While the music is 2 lame tunes, at least the game adds more sounds.

I'm I good to the people around me? Of course.
Also, I'd be the worst person if I didn't warn everyone of this horrible game.

You're talking me about paying attention?, How cyinical after the cheap fast-low shots when I'm on the other side of the screen and the unrealistic spinning that makes me think the game cheats or the pitcher was a Jedi/Sith/Force Addept using the Force to troll you.

Ah, well. Like the rest of their "Arcade" series, Breakthrough Gaming's Baseball is another disgrace waiting to tarn your PlayStation 4 and throw a direct insult to the PlayStation 5 with the utmost display of laziness and what I think is the bottom of mediocrity 'cos there's no way possible to go any lower in bad game standards.
Need a Baseball game?, Try RealSports Baseball or MLB The Show 21. Don't feed the trash developer with your dollar. Using The Bible to make trash game should be considered blasphemy.

Two more games left and I'm done reviewing Breakthrough Gaming's games.

Painful to play, painful to review. I know how that feels, Lea.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki