Breakthrough Gaming's Football (PS4-PS5 - XB1 - Series X|S)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Breakthrough Gaming's Football (PS4-PS5 - XB1 - Series X|S)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

*Sigh* Lord, help me with this, 'cos I'm gonna review another trash game done in his name.
I'm talking Breakthrough Gaming's Football, A.K.A. Football Breathrough Gaming Arcade.

Football, the sport of fierce might and rapid reacting. The American tradition in sports from College Football to the professional NFL matches. A sport that unites family and friends and is one of the biggest money-makers when it comes to "Port-the-Sport" at home so everyone can play it without a helmet or shoulder pads.
The tradition of making a game based on Football has been a long journey since Football on the Atari 2600 to EA Sports Madden 21 with many results, most of them of great success. But you want to know where on Earth football is complete [EXPLETIVE]? Is anyplace where Breakthrough Gaming's Football is being played.

It's the Central City Dominators VS the CrossWorlds Antlions...
...done in a very childish rendition.

Yep, the Christian game developer Breakthrough Gaming is back again, and sadly, worse than ever. For a game that's called Football, there's not too much football on it. No Super Bowl, no licensed teams, no 1st and 10, no 4th and Goal, no rules or regulations, no nothing. The game's main and only objective is to reach the touchdown line by running a specific amount of yards while you avoid rival players by jumping over them and that's basically all of the game. The only challenge is that some of the opponents will jump, making you to dodge them by simply running to the left or right in order to avoid the collision. To put it simple, there's zero science within this game and I'm really running out of words to talk about the gameplay, and not because I'm getting lazy. It's because there's nothing to talk about this "game" if we can call it like that. For a commercial game, this game is a catastrophic failure in all the possible categories. I mean, if this was a game made by a 3rd grader elementary student for the computer class it might pass as some school work of some sorts. The only problem here is that the game designers ARE NOT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 3RD GRADERS.

Ouch, there goes Quarterback Heatburn.
Coach Brown has to re-think his strategy.

Even on its Babylonical levels of failure, this game has a room for error. If you go down, you will resume where you left off since there's no checkpoints. However, if you fail 4 times its Game Over and you'll have to start all the way back to the 1st Touchdown.

The game's sole reason to exists is to give you 12 cheap achievements for 1 dollar if you're playing the PS4 port, 'cos the XB1 version lacks of them, so is a worthless buy there.

The graphics and sound they're both laughable, just take a look to the "sprites", they look like the kindergarten depictions of a human being and the field looks like a ruler. Like in Breakthrough Gaming's Space 2, the game is in black and white in this pathetic attempt to be "Old school", the music is just a crappy chiptune theme that plays on the title screen and level clear and the Game Over tune. This game only has two sound effects for jumping and crashing with someone. Heck, even Football, RealSports Football and Super Football on the Atari 2600 were much better than this.

A good message, ruined by horrible gameplay and graphics.

The lessons I've learned with this game? This game is using God as shield to justify this failure and excuse to make trash games. If he sees this, he will probably bring Hell on Earth to mankind as punishment. I'd hate to be ripped apart by the gravitational pull of a rogue planet and hear in the afterlife that it was because I lived on the same planet where Breakthrough Gaming's staff were living when God's wrath fell upon them.

Breakthrough Gaming's Football has established a new record, on hitting the bottom of the barrel with its abysmal and pathetically bad gameplay. I mean, NFL by Atlus-LJN and Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl have been dethroned from the title of the worst Football game ever. This is the sorriest, saddest and lamest attempt not just to a football videogame, but in general gaming. Let's see this from the perspective of a Non-violent Christian parent looking a game for their children. What he would buy? Breakthrough Gaming's Football or EA Sports Madden 21?, Obviously and logically, he will buy the Madden game.

If you're urged to play a real, for real Football game, try the Madden series, or if you're urged for some retro styled Football, try Tecmo Super Bowl.
Giving a dollar to Breakthrough Gaming will only encourage them to make more trash for your consoles.

¿But you know what's the worst part?, I still have four more Breakthrough Gaming titles to review.

*Sing "Really Dumb" to the tune of "Finally Home" by MercyMe*

When you said "I want to play a football game"
I thought we'll play some Madden.
Then you showed this game and I said "What the hell"?
What on Earth I'm playing?

A sorry excuse of game
A really lame attempt, you know.

Well, I'm feeling really dumb.

Gameplay's just running around across the field
Jumping like an idiot.
And those graphics that you are calling "Old School".
They're simply disgusting.

It's insult and injury.
I'm so insulted from what I saw, you know.

That's the sorriest excuse for someone to obtain
Twelve sad, pathetic trophies.

Damn, I'm feeling really dumb.
Damn, I'm feeling really dumb.

Boo-oo-ooooo-oooo...
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki