Sony PS3, PS Vita, PSP Store semi-shutting down soon

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Udderdude

Sony PS3, PS Vita, PSP Store semi-shutting down soon

Post by Udderdude »

This summer, you won't be able to make any new purchases on PS3/PS Vita/PSP. However, you can still re-download games you've already purchased. This is why I'm calling it semi-shutdown rather than full shutdown where you can't re-download anything. But if there's anything you wanted, better get it soon. Who knows when they'll pull the plug entirely. https://www.ign.com/articles/playstatio ... 3-vita-psp
Sturmvogel Prime

Re: Sony PS3, PS Vita, PSP Store semi-shutting down soon

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Sony is making a bad choice there.
This is one of the reasons why they should consider to implement full backwards compatibility on their future consoles.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
layzee

Post by layzee »

I bought a 10,000 yen PSN card to preserve some DLC before it disappears: https://forum.no-intro.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3716

I won't be able to grab everything I want though (too expensive).
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

Remember everyone, God Hand, my pick for Capcom's best ever console game next to RE6 is only 10 bucks on the PS3 store. A few survival horror classics, such as the Siren and Fatal Frame games, are also most likely cheaper than what you would have to pay for the actual discs. Don't miss them.
Untitled1

Post by Untitled1 »

Damn, we need to compile a list of must have Shmups that are digital only. I'm not familiar with PS3 since it's been ages since I've had one, but for PSP/Vita, shienryu and gaiaseed are playable for $5 and alternatively will cost you an arm and a leg physically. get them while you can, because they're going to be gone forever and physical copies are going to skyrocket even further.

I really need help listing PS3 Japanese digital only Shmups. I remember it getting some good ones we never got.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Keep in mind the JPSN has a ton of PS1 games(and a few PS2/PCE ones). Thunder Force V is on there, as well as Salamander Collection.

I made an idiot's guide to accessing their amazing PS1 section here:
https://twitter.com/cj_iwakura/status/1 ... 1594465286
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices. PSP commerce functionality will retire on July 2, 2021 as planned.
Sony trolling everyone out here. There was just discussion in the "stuff you bought" thread about how prices for these systems are going insane. Now they're changing course. lol

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19 ... perations/
Jameson Rook

Post by Jameson Rook »

I hope this means the spike in aftermarket physical games will go back down, since I was comfortably hunting for PS3 games that no one wanted and suddenly everyone was in my space! :lol:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

The fear that they'll shut it down eventually will keep prices high for awhile.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

The truck have started to move. Again. Just like I thought, they're still planning on slowly shutting down the old online stores and services.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppo ... nt-notice/
https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20211005-3578/
Starting 27th October, 2021, you can no longer use a credit or debit card, or a payment method such as PayPal, to buy digital content or add funds to your wallet when visiting PlayStation Store on your PS3 console or PS Vita system.

To buy digital content for your PS3 console or PS Vita system, you must first add sufficient funds to your wallet on PlayStation Store. You can add funds by redeeming a PlayStation Store gift card, using a credit or debit card, PayPal, or other available payment methods via a desktop computer, mobile device, a PS4 console or a PS5 console.
When the PlayStation Store for PlayStation Portable (PSP) was previously closed in 2016, you were still able to perform searches and make in-game purchases. Starting July 6th, 2021, you’ll no longer be able to perform searches or make in-game purchases.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Yeesh. Clear(and sadly effective) strategy, subtly force people away from the old stores, then quietly take it out back and shoot it.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?