Monster Hunter's Guild: The Jarpig rising (MH:Rise thread)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
cave hermit

Monster Hunter's Guild: The Jarpig rising (MH:Rise thread)

Post by cave hermit »

Now I can't have been the only one here to have picked up Monster Hunter Rise. I have played quite a few monster hunters, but never got particularly far in any of them. I enjoy the games though, and I'd like to make this the game I get to G rank on (you know, assuming G rank gets patched in).

Haven't played yet, but I started downloading the game earlier so it should be ready whenever I have the time (Graduate school's a bitch). I might go with sword and shield, I generally pick dual blades or great sword, would like to go with something a bit more balanced this time around.

I guess let's talk about the game here, and maybe coordinate attempts to group up for hunts once we get that far in.
Blinge

Re: Monster Hunter's Guild: The Jarpig rising (MH:Rise threa

Post by Blinge »

Are you trying to trigger everyone by calling MH a JRPG? fuck my life and fuck you

Great sword is the smooth-brain Sol Badguy/ I'll just go Ken/Ryu pick :wink:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

i've got the game, haven't started it yet though. need to finish BotW first.... i'll probably go for lance or hunting horn.
Blinge wrote:Are you trying to trigger everyone by calling MH a JRPG? fuck my life and fuck you
well MH is pretty much entirely about making numbers go up, so yep, checks out.
neontropics

Post by neontropics »

Got my copy on Friday, played maybe 10 hours over the weekend. I only dabbled <10 hours each in MHW, one of the 4s for 3DS and Portable 3rd before so I’m fairly fresh but man this game is great.

Movement is awesome with the wirebugs, it streamlined finding the monsters which is great and it just feels really good to play. I’m mainly doing Switch Axe atm but done a few hunts with Long Sword and Insect Glaive as well.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Immryr wrote:well MH is pretty much entirely about making numbers go up, so yep, checks out.
Go away.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Its a great game. Lots of quality of life changes, but it keeps the spirit of the series. Really enjoying it so far.