Explosionade DX - 2D Mech Shooter - all consoles

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
MommysBestGames

Explosionade DX - 2D Mech Shooter - all consoles

Post by MommysBestGames »

Hey all, I'm releasing Explosionade DX this Thursday to all consoles. It's a revamped version of my old XBLIG game.
This version has 60 levels, about 40 of which are new, and nearly all have been rebalanced, also some new enemies!

Also features online leaderboards, and new Trophies/Achievements for "All Clears".
Getting an "all clear" in a level makes it tougher, and more like a shooting-puzzle to solve!

It's out now on all consoles, for 5.99.
Xbox One store page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/explo ... verviewtab
Switch store page: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/e ... dx-switch/
PS4 store page: soon!

Most levels have multiple paths to the exit.

You can shoot the baddies, or just stomp the smaller ones!

This level is called "Laser Focus", and yeah, some of the later levels get pretty hard!

If you fancy a wild take on mech games, with a "bouncing bubble" mechanic, give it a look!
Last edited by MommysBestGames on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
Marc

Re: Explosionade DX - XB1/NS/PS4 - 2D mech action

Post by Marc »

Looks good. Enjoyed what I played of Pig Eat Ball (really must go back to that actually), so will definitely pick this up.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
BulletMagnet

Re: Explosionade DX - 2D Mech Shooter - all consoles

Post by BulletMagnet »

Neat to see you taking a second pass at your older stuff; any plans for other such titles to get the same treatment? Also, any chance the enhanced stuff might come to PC as well as consoles?
MommysBestGames

Hey man, yeah it's been fun working on them.
I do plan to do Weapon of Choice next. No word on Serious Sam DD XXL though, it's a bit out of my hands. Maybe some day?

As for the DX content coming to Steam, yes I plan to do that!
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Good to hear. :) Though of course what the world is truly waiting for is Game Type: ReParkoured.
MommysBestGames

Marc wrote:Looks good. Enjoyed what I played of Pig Eat Ball (really must go back to that actually), so will definitely pick this up.
Thanks! Glad to hear you're enjoying PEB.

BulletMagnet wrote:Good to hear. :) Though of course what the world is truly waiting for is Game Type: ReParkoured.
Yeah, that's funny. I've thought about porting Game Type, but held back as it's toooo niche and weird.

I've had trouble explaining Explosionade DX to shooter fans (whom I think would enjoy it) but I came up with a new explanation today.

"Assault Suit Leynos + Bubble Bobble".
It's a run-n-gun, with action-puzzle levels.
And even has the 2-player mode like both!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

MommysBestGames wrote:I've thought about porting Game Type, but held back as it's toooo niche and weird.
Practically speaking, that one is more in line for a full-blown sequel than a port, since it was created directly in response to a specific issue on a specific platform at a particular time; if you ever felt like making something similar again heaven knows there are even more things ripe for an indie developer to lampoon nowadays than there were back then. Heck, just speaking for myself I'm always griping on here about the flood of zero-effort garbage that's largely taken over Steam since Valve went full Ayn Rand, and I just buy stuff from there, I can't imagine how frustrating it is for someone actually trying to release actual quality work on the store. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as I'm sure you're well aware, heh.