SLG ps4 release vs normal shop

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
heli

SLG ps4 release vs normal shop

Post by heli »

Hello, i was looking to bubble bobble for PS4.
The regular shop also sells the same game with another cover :

vs the strictly-limited games version :

Is it exactly the same game with another cover ?
Why does SLG release this if the shop also have it ?
I dont have another game forum account so i ask here, maybe a bit offtopic, or maybe it is a shmup.

What do you say ?
MachineAres 1CC

Re: SLG ps4 release vs normal shop

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

They're likely both the same game and the same data on the disc with different covers. The different versions will often just come down to licensing issues, where a certain shop, site, or retailer will have the rights to distribute the game physically in a certain country or territory, and another company will have the rights for another region or place.

The only difference you'll run across sometimes is that certain region versions will have more or less language options in the game itself, but other than that, they'll usually be identical. Especially with the modern consoles where everything is region-free and there's no different video signals to worry about, there's really no risk in buying a game from another region besides the language thing, which they will often list in the details. So maybe just buy the one that's cheapest or that you like the cover art or bonus materials the most.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
heli

Post by heli »

Ok thank you.
Saves shipping to pick up.
I dont understand SLG`s business : the game is not limited, only the box art ?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

The only difference you'll run across sometimes is that certain region versions will have more or less language options in the game itself, but other than that, they'll usually be identical. Especially with the modern consoles where everything is region-free and there's no different video signals to worry about, there's really no risk in buying a game from another region
Some (all? not sure) DLC is region locked which can be a bitch
I dont understand SLG`s business : the game is not limited, only the box art ?
It's not just SLG but places like limitedrun too. Like Celeste had a LRG release but also a playasia release. Streets of rage 4 had a LRG release but i can walk into a local gamestore and buy it too just to name a few examples. What's limited it their version, it doesn't guarantee where will be NO other versions of the game, although for a lot of games in practice that will be the case.
Basically they play into the collectard feelings of wanting exclusive items, that's their business.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

spmbx wrote:Some (all? not sure) DLC is region locked which can be a bitch
Yeah, that too, IF the game has DLC or any plans for it, it's best to get a version of it that matches one of the PS4/Switch/XB1 accounts that you actually use, so you can buy and use those.
It's not just SLG but places like limitedrun too. Like Celeste had a LRG release but also a playasia release. Streets of rage 4 had a LRG release but i can walk into a local gamestore and buy it too just to name a few examples. What's limited is their version, it doesn't guarantee where will be NO other versions of the game, although for a lot of games in practice that will be the case.
Basically they play into the collectard feelings of wanting exclusive items, that's their business.
This. All of it.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD