DLSite English and Playism Store Closing

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
BulletMagnet

DLSite English and Playism Store Closing

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not sure how many people use either site, but in case anyone hadn't heard both DLSite English and the Playism Store are closing within the next few weeks. Both of them contain some noteworthy releases, including a few shmups, which are only readily available there, at least in DRM-free form, so if there's anything on either of them that catches your fancy you might want to grab it soon.

Details-wise, if I have it correct, Playism will continue to publish and release games on Steam, but will no longer run its own store; not everything on the latter appears on the former, so presumably some stuff will be pretty much gone for good after March 24th. Full statement here.

In DLSite's case the English site's accounts will be merged into the "main" Japanese DLSite, and purchases made on the English side which have a Japanese-side equivalent will still be available for download, but the email I got also states that "The purchase history of works which can no longer be downloaded on “DLsite English” will not be transferred, and thus no longer appear in “Purchase History.”, which seems to suggest that certain stuff doesn't exist on the Japanese page and will thus also be gone after March 15th.

Always a pain when this sort of thing happens, so start downloading if you don't already have your relevant purchases backed up someplace.
KAI

Re: DLSite English and Playism Store Closing

Post by KAI »

WTF, DLSite english too?!

Guys go grab i-20000 and Beluga ASAP!

https://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/produ ... 83713.html
http://playism-games.com/game/216/i-20000
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Is Beluga only on the English site? I wish I knew what English-side exclusives exist, as I don't know Japanese to try typing JP game names to see if they pop up over there. I doubt I'll end up losing all that much myself, as most of the stuff I've bought there is just Japanese stuff with an English store page, but I would like to check out whatever English-language exclusives are out there for the moment.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

That sucks, those are both great places to find for hidden gems.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Never happy to hear stuff like this. :sad:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Quick reminder that DLSite English will be gone after this weekend; I've DLed everything I've bought there just to be safe, but hopefully most of the library will remain intact after the merge.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

What all do you recommend?

The following have all caught my eye: Battle Traverse, Beluga, Super Tank Warfare Adventia, Space Marisar, Space Marisar EX, Near Fantasy Space, Battle Tank Sword W, Junkers Ingot, Chinmoku no Harimao, and Galamos.

Are any of those to be avoided, or must plays?
MathU

Post by MathU »

This one really hurts. Fuck Steam. GOG need to get their fucking act together and stop rejecting doujin games.
Last edited by MathU on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm a fan of Battle Traverse, like a horizontal Ketsui with excellent art.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Koa Zo wrote:The following have all caught my eye: Battle Traverse, Beluga, Super Tank Warfare Adventia, Space Marisar, Space Marisar EX, Near Fantasy Space, Battle Tank Sword W, Junkers Ingot, Chinmoku no Harimao, and Galamos.
I know at least a few of those exist on the JP store and thus should still be available to purchase after the merge (I think Junkers Ingot is actually half price there at the moment, though it's not my personal cup of tea); on that note, several of the titles have demos available, so you can try them and see for yourself what you think.
BloodHawk

Post by BloodHawk »

I went ahead and picked up Battle Traverse, StellaVanity, and ring^-27 even though I am pretty sure all of those are available on the Japanese site anyway.

None of the others while searching the shooter category really caught my eye though.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The DLSite merge seems to be complete; looking over my own stuff, I had to press the "synchronize library" button to make them appear, but it looks like everything I bought on the English side made the transition, along with at least most of my wish list. Hopefully most folks will still be able to DL their previous purchases as well.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Playism closing means Infinos 2 will be gone for the forseeable future. I know noone cares about this game since Gaiden exists, but whatever.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!