Burinju Video Concern - Elden Bling(e)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Lander

Re: Burinju Video Concern - the channel assploded

Post by Lander »

Blinge wrote:I didn't touch on pate because i had mostly forgotten about him. His air of plausible deniability makes him different imo, also he's more about his quarrel with Creighton.
The fact that the exploding chest can be either of them is really dumb too i think.
Fair - I suppose Pate is more about the hardcore passive aggression than Patches' lovably blatant hook-nosed evil.
Blinge wrote:Also I didn't wanna bloat the vid. maybe it's already bloated.
Hmm, I don't reckon so; it's all relevant context to base a proto-Patches thesis on given the entrenched nature of From lore.

If I were to play critic, I'd pick at the pacing - the main body of Shadow Tower content is in the middle, so it peaks well before the end of the video and leaves the AC stuff as supplemental reinforcement.
Shuffling it around so the *deskbang* TAKE THAT comes after the whole foundation is laid would lend your conclusion more weight, and avoid any "oh, there's more?" for viewers who are already well-convinced.
BIL wrote:Our boy has become an OFFICIAL provocateur of... DELICIOUS BUTTHURT :cool:
Vaati fanboy bile - a robust vintage.

The orange pigmentation is caused by a territorial fear response - potent stuff. Maybe even enough to achieve memostasis and become a copypasta in its own right.
Austin wrote:What is everyone's thoughts on the PS2 Armored Core 2? That was the only one I tried and it didn't really "click" with me. Though to be fair, I didn't make it far. It seemed pretty slow compared to the gameplay I saw in that video.
Holds up relatively well, though it has a hard-knock habit of throwing borderline unwinnable missions at you in the early game when your mech arsenal is still sparse. I mostly remember it for Overed BOOST-ing down rad futuristic highways.

And the gameplay in the video is from AC4: For Answer, which is the fastest in the series; well worth a play in its own right, and an effective gateway drug to the earlier games if the slower setup doesn't grab you off the bat.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

"The real first Alexander" whelp, thou hast need of jumping off the UltimaUnderworld bandwagon and worry about "the first spell - (Light arrow 2MP)". Thedek and Orladin among others already foretold this, Man thoust all cometh from Granityki and said "I wanna be a King's Field scribe, ill just peer into the Truth Mirrors that were made a half epoch ago on this scripture and switch the visions around, no one will notice"

Like Verily, the KingsField scribes come a dime a cune these days.
Furthermore, cease trying to sound like Orladin it's (wind) crystal clear that you're a doppelganger, thou endeavoureth not only to voice the same tone as his magnificence, you truly are imitating his whole style that's unseemly as a green slime.

Even wert thou not fashioning thyself after his likeness (but lets be honest, you 100% are ) but even if you wasn't you know that you don't sound of merit, nor didst thou acquire an iota of such wisdom from thine own scrying. (unless you call gazing into a truth mirror and inscribing the revelations scrying of any worth).
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Lander

Post by Lander »

Quoth. An ill conflagration didst mine squire deposit on this day.
Blinge

Re: Burinju Video Concern - Shadow Tower Abyss - Guns Only

Post by Blinge »

Sun's out, Guns out.

BIL

Re: Burinju Video Concern - Shadow Tower Abyss Gunz only

Post by BIL »

Holy fuckin shit (`w´メ)

Ordinarily I'm all "naw imma play it 1 day lolololol" but this demands a right fookin watch m8 (`w´メ)

(is that an SH2 Betrayal remix in teh intro OwO That bitch Yamaoka steals shit all the time, wouldn't surprise me if it ain't, but you know, hit me right in MUH FEELZ anyway 3; <333)
Lander

Post by Lander »

Avast, more quality. Love the Jet Force Gemini style headshots where the whole dome just pops clean off :lol:
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Nice video mate, I was sure to leave a useful comment.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Yeah lets gooo
BIL

Re: Burinju Video Concern - Armored Core LaserBlade Only

Post by BIL »

Oho! I noticed you had perfected the Flying Bellend Slicer (`w´メ) No wonder he crumpled and died at the loss of his robo-dong!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I just finished watching your Thicc Boi DS run. AND ANOTHER COOL VIDEO APPEARS. Hype. I remember as a kid trying to do a laserblade run and giving up, was frustrated at how awkward and small the hitbox is. Actually, I played Master of the Arena at a friend's and then bought Project Phantasma before I'd ever played the first game (I didn't know enough about the series to know the order). I seem to remember reverse joint having a pretty favorable hitbox, the thrust type that 4 leg and tank have is quite cumbersome to hit with and doesn't hit multiple times in one swing like the others can.

I do have a memory as a kid fighting the last boss in MotA using that shop buyable laserblade that fires red waves and winning. I was always peeved at how moonlight users in Phantasma got that cool blue wave, didn't learn about H+ for years. Nice that you could eventually do that without having to H+ yourself.

tl;dr commentary for THICCness:
Spoiler
2:10 - Poor crestfallen dude. Right out of the asylum and starting out with gratuitous murders. And yeah, he's way more aggressive with parries when his shield's up than you might realize, you can only really safely attack during his recovery frames or when he deflects off your shield. :3

3:13 - Hey, if a horrifying dude like Smough can be a celebrated and THICC warrior, so can you!

4:05 - All of the restarts when you accidentally roll are serious dedication, haha. I'd honestly not be QUITE so hardcore given how easy accidental rolls are and only restart if a roll is beneficial and accidentally manages to evade an attack... but kudos to you and the dedication to your craft, I can fully appreciate that level of OCD (given some of my bayo playthroughs...). Are you disallowing the use of backsteps and jumping (except where necessary) too?

4:30 - Yeah, the knight armor sucks on the asylum demon because you don't have a shield with the stability or the stamina to block the heavy hits, but for everything else early on, it's great. Its poise is equal to the Elite Knight set, with only slightly lower stats, hence why you poised through that Black Knight's attack later on. The Elite Knight set looks cooler and is way easier to obtain too (unless you start Knight) since the Knight set's hiding in front of a hydra, so I'd imagine that's why the Elite Knight set's more popular. The EK helmet is way better too, one of my faves in the game along with Golem helm, goes with a lot of stuff. Golem helm + black set is a really good combo IMO.

8:10 - LOL BRIDGE DEMON JUMPED TO HIS DEATH, hilarious, never knew he could do that.

10:27 - Oh no, you aggro'd the piggy. I've been firebombing him like a coward and WHAT YOU CAN BACKSTAB HIS BUTTHOLE?! 10 / 10 EDUCATIONAL VIDEO.

15:00 - Man, I remember trying to actually block their attacks recently and I was shocked at how little stamina it takes to stop the gargoyles. Their swings are huge but even a modest shield is really good at blocking them.

20:50 - You're far braver than I, I usually just use a crossbow or firebombs to cheese the titanite demon. >w>;;

22:04 - The look of defeat as you fling yourself off the ledge, lol.

29:36 - Very smooth Capra Demon fight, gg.

32:42 - Hahahaha, got real lucky with the Gaping Demon's acid range, nice.

34:58 - LOL blowdart dude managed to toxic you through the tiniest gap ever. Close calls on the Quelaag fight, very intense near misses with her magic aura blast.

42:00 - You actually lost the souls there it seems, weird. Guess the game doesn't expect you to use quick mapped souls as items during dialogue, heh.

I like how the Catarina outfit turns you into a giant blob where your hands sink into the armor. xD

50:24 - Yeah, there's a HUGE gap to the next greatshield in terms of Strength needed, which makes the Eagle Shield literally the only one you don't need to build for (16 is way more doable with a non Str build to reach than 34 is!).

58:43 - I'm impressed you can block BIG O's butt slam, but was wondering how you'd deal with the command grab, oof! Surprised you didn't do Pinwheel first to get doubled Estus.

1:09:10 - And the less is: don't interrupt a wild skeleton orgy. OwO

1:13:05 - LOL, imagine if falling attack damage scaled with equip weight.

1:13:17 - The fight against the Nico and Vince fucked me up so bad the first time, I fell off the damn ledge since I had no idea where I was going and switching between shield and lantern was messing with me. I realize now that NOT picking up the items gives you a visual in the dark of where you are and you can fight around them if you came here without Cast Light (though now I basically refuse to do this without Cast Light, lol).

1:16:00 - Haha, it's interesting to see how much a fight changes with a restriction. You did a good job quickly getting to the blooming moss to fix toxic at least. Handy spear to have there, too. :D

1:17:26 - DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON NITO, KILL HIM THEN FIGURE OUT YOUR HOLY WEAPON, HE'S GOT LIKE NO HEALTH LEFT, lol

1:18:40 - lol, I'm convinced Pharis has some of the worst AI of any of the humanoid enemies out there, he kept swapping weapons every time I tried to melee him too.

1:20:35 - YOU MONSTER, ANIMAL ABUSE, SOMEONE CALL PETA, etc _;w;_

1:22:35 - Very impressive seeing the full HP kill, I've only ever done Ceaseless Discharge the coward's way!

1:23:10 - You UwUs have angered the demons. >w>

1:26:06 - Yeah, Centipede only did that projectile attack on my second playthrough, never saw it the first time I muddled past him! It's by far his nastiest attack too.

1:27:37 - SHOULDA HAD A SIP OF JUICE. It almost looks like the shield didn't block it, like the fireball hit behind ya? I think you woulda survived the hit at full health, ah well.

Bed of Chaos looks like it suuuucks without the ability to run or jump. >w> Good thing you didn't accidentally roll through the roots at the end, haha.

1:30:50 - Holy shit I just realized; the first piggy in the game can be FISTED backstabbed, but the ones in the archives can't? Looks like their butts have armor the first one's missing.

1:33:40 - Wait, what gate is that?? :O Was that something the devs forgot to remove?

1:35:00 - "What do we do??" you ask, the look of disgust and resignation knowing there's only one answer for a HARDCORE GAMER. :3

1:38:40 - Haha, your viewers torturing you here, subjecting you to Seath's hardest hitting attacks as you try to stroll over to its tail to chop it off. Cruel stuff. ;w;

1:43:00 - Very clean fight against the very lame DPS/poise check boss, haha. It's very silly how much easier it is to poise and DPS race it than to try and dodge like normal.

1:45:35 - YOU DIDN'T LEARN YOUR LESSON FROM AGGROING ALL THE DEMONS BEFORE. >:3 Here lies Blinge; he is now roast pork.

1:50:30 - Oof, Sanctuary Guardian's wingflap really does look like it's designed to punish shields. It's always interesting how one of the easier attacks a boss has becomes a major threat in a challenge run that can't dodge it the usual way.

1:58:20 - Holy shit you made Artorias AND Manus look easy. I didn't realize you can interrupt Artorias's buff so easily. :O Buttery smooth stuff.

2:05:09 - LOL THAT ROLL. Poor burinju. You nearly had 'im, too.

GG on Gwyn. No rolling or parrying makes him a tough customer for sure. You triumphed as I knew you would! :D
Lander

Running Amuck

Post by Lander »

Another challenge run in the bag, nice! And with your squishy bits intact to boot :) good call on the input display, that's a nice addition.
Jesus, that tartan paint job is a distinctive bit of Armored Couture :mrgreen: And a Mr. Blobby cosplay for the early game? Thimply fahbulous dahling!

And ACKSHUALLY the geometry holes on secret walls aren't down to textures; that's the emulator correcting for signature PS1 polygon jiggle, but not having enough info to know the destructible part and frame should join.
In a sense, it's doing too good of a job; the original meshes were probably tweaked to account for hardware rounding error, and are now having their baked-in inaccuracy laid bare by downstream counter-tweaking.

Also, is the last 1 minute and 15 seconds muted for anyone else?
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

what the FUCK.
it shouldn't be. it's not for me?

It's a song by a friend of mine and i wanted to share his work
Lander

Post by Lander »

Ah, must be my YT client then - checked via the regular player and it seems fine.

Guess it's time to add selective muting to the list of subtle mechanisms the site uses to funnel unruly users into the Kiefer Sutherland ad singularity :roll:
Blinge

Re: Burinju Video Concern - Elden Bling(e)

Post by Blinge »

hello boys

https://youtu.be/3zG29XTGAJA?si=cZ9TOVYS6wcVT09q

cut up footage of me mostly fighting bosses in ER while I ramble over the top.
Lander

Post by Lander »

Blinge is ALIVE!

Good good - I was starting to suspect that you'd gone off to be a family man!

Will pop this on later, and see how #1 Soulie Boi translates into #1 Ringie Boi :P
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Oh hey man!
Sorry yeah I haven't been around here much. :(
Kinda got absorbed into other discords with how readily available it is on my phone and such.

(and i relapsed into playing Let it die. oh noooo.
video to come lol)

I do miss a few friendly faces like roo, birroo and yoorself
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Blinge, Metal Max is really good so thank you for reminding me it was on my list of games I was curious about playing. Have you heard this remix? Oh my god, my ears <3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQDYQezo2hQ
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Blinge wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:22 pm Oh hey man!
Sorry yeah I haven't been around here much. :(
Kinda got absorbed into other discords with how readily available it is on my phone and such.

(and i relapsed into playing Let it die. oh noooo.
video to come lol)

I do miss a few friendly faces like roo, birroo and yoorself
Caught the end of a twitch stream of yours recently, so I knew you were alive at least. :p
Lander

Post by Lander »

Discord, forsooth. Probably gonna have to get out of the shed and log back in myself one of these days; been on an extended break because shit's too distracting!

And man, I'd forgotten how west-country Godric is. Like the Arnie effect; to foreign ears, perfectly authentic low-fantasy rasp.
To a local... I's a Lord innit... Brews me own Zider from gooolden ahpples, and me fav'rite band is The Wurzels. KNEEL! :lol:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha. He's.. still not as strong West Country as Andre, say.. but it's pretty good. I like the subtlety tbh.

When Godfrey stops playing as a lord himself, reverting to his true warrior form.. the west country comes out of him too.
Great bit of detail imo.

Part 2 -
https://youtu.be/Fmpq66EWL80?si=n5jBT9akLEv47GMM
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Part 3 out of 4 babyyy

In which Borinju finishes the game with wizard hat