The NieR thRead

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

The NieR thRead

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Post everything related to the NieR series here.

Remember: Glory to mankind.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
Blinge

Re: The NieR thRead

Post by Blinge »

i like grumpy old man nier's voice.
Devola's song of the ancients warmed my heart two winters ago. I guess i have fond memories of games I play while in a bad state of mind, interesting.

now i disappear because i don't want automata spoilers and may play it at some point in the next 5 years.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
it290

Post by it290 »

I just played through Automata on normal mode (just the 1st loop so far) and found it somehow compelling to play but with generally crappy gameplay.. I really thought the idea of 3D bullet hell was compelling but in practice on this difficulty level you can just move entirely out of the way and/or tank health items when you can't. Still enjoyed the enemy design and worldbuilding though. I did find most of the bigger enemies to be annoyingly damage spongy since you're generally just kiting them for a really long time. Overall it reminded me of a Capcom game from about 15 years ago which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

For fear of sounding hipster, I still prefer the original Nier to Automata. The world feels more alive and varied, as opposed to the forced 'open world' shenanigans of Automata, though maybe that's intentional.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?