Famous video game sentences

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: Famous video game sentences

Post by Blinge »

Bear -see- ss- Lest
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
guigui

Post by guigui »

Oh crap, I should have launched the game before actually using that quote on my cab ! I have it written as bear-seek-seek-lest, but the actual version is even better.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wha strenff! Bu don forge ther r many gys like u all ova da worl.

https://youtu.be/wqydX_rCJ54?t=6
My lord, I have come for you.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Street Fighter's voices are what make the win quotes.

"GO TO HEAVEN."
"YOU ARE BIG FOOL."
"ANOTHER WIN!"
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
guigui

Post by guigui »

Just wanted to say thanks again for your help.
Design is done and I could fit in a large number of famous sentences. Here is an overall view of the future cab, quotes are in the background text, can be read if you zoom a little in. I alwys loved the lemmings, and the lady loves the Yoshi, so this is a compromise.
Spoiler

And the quotes used (some are written weirdly to fit the design)

Code: Select all

but our princess is in another castle  you must defeat shen long to stand a chance  we've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret  this city was once a happy, peaceful place  do a barrel roll!  blast off and strike the evil bydo empire  all your base are belong to us  i sense a soul in search of answers  rise from your grave  heaven is here, inside my soul  don't fuck wit witch  heavy machinegun  
then i took an arrow in the knee  what a horrible night to have a curse  praise the sun  it's time to kic
k ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum  a winner is you  the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world  select your battlefighter  test your might  are you ready set we started on a trip to hell  This is not similation. Get ready to destroy the enemy target for the weak po
ints of f00kin'machine. Do your best you have ever done  go home and be a family man  all sons of old god, die  you need more practice  congraturation this story is happy end  still closed...still closed...mmm  super vehicle-001  groovy  You were almost a Jill Sandwich  stay a while, and listen  heaven or hell, let's rock  please continue  now we run like our lifes depend on it, because they do  suffer, like G did  it is dangerous to 
       go alone! take this  approach your target and attack your mission starts now, are you ready?  are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?  max chain splendid  hey einstein, i'm on your side!  
     goshgos  gosh, slade is exhausted  war, war never changes  the cake is a lie  are you great we are great  elf needs food badly  Yummm, I wanna go back to my castle and munch sweet tacos  would you kindly  

superb! you rescued every lemming on that level. Can you do it again      you must defeat shen long to stand a chance  d
 a barrel roll  watcha gonna do  do a barrel roll  do a barrel roll  hyper system ready  God, the title suits me well 
  oh my car  oh! my car!!  I never thought I'd be frying over a jungle  Why don't you try hard?  Elf needs food badly  
h my car  get over here  sit down in those chairs and drink your goddamn tea!  do a barrel roll!  You've got a lot to le
n before you beat me. Try again, kiddo  It's time for revenge. Let's attack aggressively!  game over, pal! Don't forget 
orget to save  Invaders! Get you the hot bullets of shotgun to die!  take a key for coming! in  this city was once
          a happy, peaceful place  hyper system selectyourfighterandbastardtheenemy  destroy the core  i never thought i'd
 be over a jungle  I'm give up your appellation's technical monkey  fun tricky taxing mayhem present sunsoft  Arms installa
tion is complete. Good luck  someday we'll meet again. I'll never forget you  praise the sun  when life gives you lemons, do
nt make lemonade  be attitude for gains hardiness sleight of hand friend ship  the castle has been transported to a valley 
with impossibly high cliffs  I am A.T.  I never thought i'd be frying over a jungle  make life take the lemons back  wake u
p, and smell the ashes  serious injuries may occur  did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is   su
perb you rescued every lemming on that level. Can you do it again?  boomshakalaka!  please continue  I
insert coins  i am the great mighty poo and I'm going to throw my s*** at you  ain't nothing fair  please
 let Let strength be granted so the world might be mended  don't fuck with a witch!  press f to pay respect
  just a couple more shots  victoly!  be garbage of cesspool  technodrome, let's kick shell  why you

be attitude for gains be praying be praying be praying  a slim
e draws near!  finish him!!  the monumental will explain the 
nexus to thee  oh! my god!!  i'll chisel your gravestone, sleep 
well  all your base are belong to us  you cannot grasp the 
true form of giygas' attack!  visualshock! speedshock! soundshoc
k! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!  Violator and subje
ct to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full e
xtent of the jam  welcome to die  i am error  thank you  
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

“You’re taking this pretty seriously!”
“Bakamitai...”
“I’m gonna get you, sucker!”
“Crush the old order and create a new society!”
mgtn

Post by mgtn »

"handsome fighters never lose battles"
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

BIL wrote:Another choice line, feat Not Ross Perot :cool:

This is an aside, but I've always been entertained by how the language was subtly altered in the home console versions. Swapping all references of "hostages" to "prisoners" was something I assumed was due to the Iran hostage crisis and its leading into the Iran-Iraq war and continuing tensions in that region. But the president at the end says "you are a real pro combatant" - as though without that "combatant" clarification the only rational conclusion would be that you can only be a "real pro" by gunning down hundreds of people :D
guigui

Post by guigui »

Finally took time to assemble my Arcade1up cab, with the mod kit and stickers containing those famous video game sentences you all helped me gather.

Sentences chosen under spoiler :
Spoiler

Code: Select all

but our princess is in another castle  you must defeat shen long to stand a chance  we've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret  this city was once a happy, peaceful place  do a barrel roll!  blast off and strike the evil bydo empire  all your base are belong to us  i sense a soul in search of answers  rise from your grave  heaven is here, inside my soul  don't fuck wit witch  heavy machinegun  
then i took an arrow in the knee  what a horrible night to have a curse  praise the sun  it's time to kic
k ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum  a winner is you  the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world  select your battlefighter  test your might  are you ready set we started on a trip to hell  This is not similation. Get ready to destroy the enemy target for the weak po
ints of f00kin'machine. Do your best you have ever done  go home and be a family man  all sons of old god, die  you need more practice  congraturation this story is happy end  still closed...still closed...mmm  super vehicle-001  groovy  You were almost a Jill Sandwich  stay a while, and listen  heaven or hell, let's rock  please continue  now we run like our lifes depend on it, because they do  suffer, like G did  it is dangerous to 
       go alone! take this  approach your target and attack your mission starts now, are you ready?  are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?  max chain splendid  hey einstein, i'm on your side!  
     goshgos  gosh, slade is exhausted  war, war never changes  the cake is a lie  are you great we are great  elf needs food badly  Yummm, I wanna go back to my castle and munch sweet tacos  would you kindly  

superb! you rescued every lemming on that level. Can you do it again      you must defeat shen long to stand a chance  d
 a barrel roll  watcha gonna do  do a barrel roll  do a barrel roll  hyper system ready  God, the title suits me well 
  oh my car  oh! my car!!  I never thought I'd be frying over a jungle  Why don't you try hard?  Elf needs food badly  
h my car  get over here  sit down in those chairs and drink your goddamn tea!  do a barrel roll!  You've got a lot to le
n before you beat me. Try again, kiddo  It's time for revenge. Let's attack aggressively!  game over, pal! Don't forget 
orget to save  Invaders! Get you the hot bullets of shotgun to die!  take a key for coming! in  this city was once
          a happy, peaceful place  hyper system selectyourfighterandbastardtheenemy  destroy the core  i never thought i'd
 be over a jungle  I'm give up your appellation's technical monkey  fun tricky taxing mayhem present sunsoft  Arms installa
tion is complete. Good luck  someday we'll meet again. I'll never forget you  praise the sun  when life gives you lemons, do
nt make lemonade  be attitude for gains hardiness sleight of hand friend ship  the castle has been transported to a valley 
with impossibly high cliffs  I am A.T.  I never thought i'd be frying over a jungle  make life take the lemons back  wake u
p, and smell the ashes  serious injuries may occur  did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is   su
perb you rescued every lemming on that level. Can you do it again?  boomshakalaka!  please continue  I
insert coins  i am the great mighty poo and I'm going to throw my s*** at you  ain't nothing fair  please
 let Let strength be granted so the world might be mended  don't fuck with a witch!  press f to pay respect
  just a couple more shots  victoly!  be garbage of cesspool  technodrome, let's kick shell  why you

be attitude for gains be praying be praying be praying  a slim
e draws near!  finish him!!  the monumental will explain the 
nexus to thee  oh! my god!!  i'll chisel your gravestone, sleep 
well  all your base are belong to us  you cannot grasp the 
true form of giygas' attack!  visualshock! speedshock! soundshoc
k! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!  Violator and subje
ct to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full e
xtent of the jam  welcome to die  i am error  thank you  
Picture :
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZPNbGJvhWK7G1h6A <-- higher res pictures of the sentences inside

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Looks great. I like the blue with the green.

Enjoy it!
My lord, I have come for you.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Shame, too late to add Shikigami quotes. :P Looks great though.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?