Shameful gaming confessions

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
orange808

Re: Shameful gaming confessions

Post by orange808 »

I don't know if I'll live long enough to play my entire backlog and I keep replaying games I've already played--and getting more games.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BIL

Post by BIL »

orange808 wrote:I don't know if I'll live long enough to play my entire backlog and I keep replaying games I've already played--and getting more games.
Same. Feels good tbh. Image
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

orange808 wrote:I don't know if I'll live long enough to play my entire backlog and I keep replaying games I've already played--and getting more games.
This is probably all of us.
quash

Post by quash »

I like DMC4 more than DMC3.
6t8k

Post by 6t8k »

I actually like Holy Magic Century / Quest 64 / Eltale Monsters for the N64 (a sin which is probably amplified tenfold for the fact that is is uttered in this very forum) for totally irrational reasons :mrgreen:
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Anybody else love Gumshoe?
We apologise for the inconvenience
it290

Post by it290 »

BIL wrote:
it290 wrote:I've never completed any of the Makaimura series. Not even once. 'tis a terrible thing.
Go for Dai if you ever do. Way easier to pick up and play than the pickier other two. (but also infinitely less memorisable Image)
That happens to be the one I like to play the most, so it's a recommendation easily taken.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Last edited by Udderdude on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Oh well, I tried.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Been there, done that. Now I have completely turned to the collector side of gaming, where each game you buy is just an artwork stored on a shelf.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Udderdude wrote:Oh well, I tried.
Now, I'm awfully curious to find out what you tried :(
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yeah, come'on! No backing out here. Ya can't redact a confessional booth!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Something about Cave being on their period jokes.
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

Have tons of really fun classics on my shelf but I find myself hardly ever playing any of them. Usually I'll just play third strike with expert players online. Not nearly as enjoyable as playing people in person, but it's certainly a rush.

Gonna be going to a local sf classic tourney in SLC, but I can already tell its going to suck. Everyone on the slc sf discord is obsessed with sf v and I couldn't care less about that trashy game. ce la vi I guess
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

quash wrote:I like DMC4 more than DMC3.
me too >_>

also, i hate Chrono Trigger. that game has always bored the shit out of me.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

6t8k wrote:I actually like Holy Magic Century / Quest 64 / Eltale Monsters for the N64 (a sin which is probably amplified tenfold for the fact that is is uttered in this very forum) for totally irrational reasons :mrgreen:
Quest 64 and its Game Boy remake aren't abysmal games by any means. The combat's decent enough, and the exploration is fun. You also have more freedom in terms of what spell lists you use which is interesting, you're not forced to use a specific school. The plot is cliché fantasy as all hell, but it's fun to explore, the default movespeed is a lot faster than say Parasite Eve, so you generally can explore fairly quickly and you don't need to constantly cast Haste to dodge some stuff properly. I'd say they're solidly average games.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

CyberAngel wrote:I usually play through new games on Easy difficulty first. I don't like dealing with double challenge of tough/numerous enemies AND figuring out what to do and where to go. The latter is only present on the first time through so it's better to deal with it without any extra hassle. I can't understand people who immediately go for the hardest mode and suffer more than they really should.

Also, in my teen years I used to play FPS classics with god mode only. I did go for stuff like higher difficulties and pistol starts so I fell in love with the resource management aspect of the latter and still keep doing it as a default way of playing where I can.
I don't think playing games on the easier difficulties first is anything to feel shameful about =o

honestly, i feel like i should do that more, but i'm too impatient and smash myself into a wall on higher difficulties right away. one of the only games where i ever went from easy to hard was image fight 2

---
anyway, as far as shameful gaming stuff goes, i played a stupid mega man fan game that's fairly well designed called mega pony because i really wanted to play more mega man stuff after going through mega man unlimited
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

If I start a game on an easier difficulty, I'll likely never try the harder one. So to me it's all about making the correct choice from the start, which can occasionally be a risk. Especially with newer games.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I spent my winter break getting a platinum trophy in School Girl Zombie Hunter...
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

I have a few:
  • 1) I've never played a Dark Souls game. I came close once, after buying a used copy of DS2 on Xbox 360. Turns out however the disc didn't work so I had to return it and that was their only copy in that particular store.

2) I don't understand the appeal of Dota/LoL but I do love the KDA music video that was put out and listen to it often and unashamedly.

3) I've never finished a single shmup without cheating or credit feeding...

4) ...speaking of which, I used to be a big Mega man fan back in the day but the only MM-games I've completed on my own without resorting to emulation save states is X:Maverick Hunter on PSP and all the MM Legends titles. I suuuuuck at Mega man, despite loving it, but same as with the shmups, the desire to get through the game is stronger than the desire to beat it fair and square.

4) Honestly? I am a pretty B-tier gamer. I'm never as good as I think I am and I don't have the energy or interest to truly go deep into game mechanics, even in games I actually love.

5) I am just a shallow human bean that loves aesthetic and technical eyecandy and am seemingly incapable of interpreting subtext or messages of any kind in the media I consume.
Edit:
  • 6) I bought a physical copy of Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 2. I still have it.
CHECKPOINT!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Isn't Maverick Hunter X a pretty straight up port of MMX despite the new graphics?
IMO that game is harder than any of the classic Mega Man games.

I think you're always better at games than you think. It's all a question of genuinely trying, rather than assuming you can just get past challenges automatically.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

Sumez wrote:Isn't Maverick Hunter X a pretty straight up port of MMX despite the new graphics?
IMO that game is harder than any of the classic Mega Man games.
I don't know really, I remember MMX (both on snes and the remake) to be pretty accessible and I find the classic games much harder for some reason. The platforming is much more unforgiving and I think memorization of boss patterns might play a bigger role.
CHECKPOINT!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

True, one aspect of the X games is that most bosses are rendered completely defenseless against their weakness. That's only the case of a handful of classic bosses.
I do think the platforming is a lot more challenging in any of the first three X games though.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Not playing MOBAs should be a badge of honor.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ACSeraph wrote:I spent my winter break getting a platinum trophy in School Girl Zombie Hunter...
Accepted your weeb fate then my dude..
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Sumez wrote:True, one aspect of the X games is that most bosses are rendered completely defenseless against their weakness.
Even doing most of the bosses Buster-only is easier in the X games than the Classics (mostly the 8-bit ones) because the boss movements and patterns are typically more rigid and predictable. X's better movement options (ESPECIALLY wall-jumping) also make dealing with bosses way easier.

I guess my Shameful Gaming Confession of the day is that my opinion of the Classic MM series gets lower and lower every time I go to replay them :V
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

You also deal 2 damage instead of 1 by dash shooting in some of the X games, don't you?

I remember I used to think MM2's Quick Man was insane to do Buster only but honestly Shadow Man is far more terrifying. Is it me or is Shadow Man possibly the hardest to consistently do Buster only in the series? :/
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Yeah Shadow Man is intense! A great fight really.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:You also deal 2 damage instead of 1 by dash shooting in some of the X games, don't you?
yAp
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"