Shameful gaming confessions

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: Shameful gaming confessions

Post by Blinge »

Bro 64 on cart is so frickin' DARK , it became unplayable to me. hopefully you don't have the same problem.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Blinge wrote:I started hexen on PC when I was 15, got lost, and never progressed further than that.
I started playing Hexen for the first time about 4 years ago, and I got incredibly lost and had to resort to a walkthrough. It's not even that it's a maze, there are cause and effect mechanics that allow you to progress,
and it's totally possible to get your character "stuck" in many areas.

The real shame isn't that I used a walkthrough, it's that I still haven't finished it because I can't get past a certain spot even with the walkthrough. I must of had read three or four guides and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to go for the life of me. About two years ago, I packed up the PC that I was playing it on and I haven't touched it since.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

ok I just realized the strafing works different depending on which of the 2 types of control you use.

with stick control : there's one button which engaes sidestepping but doesn't move you when you press it. gotta be used it conjunction with the stick to move you. it really only sidesteps and doesn't circle strafe.

with d-pad control : L and R sidestep in their respective direction and do move you by their own. by using it in conjunction with the d-pad, you're able to perform some pretty good circle strafing actually.

I do like the overall movement of the stick option, it's quick to hit diagonal direction running, and turn around for a quick retreat and setup yourself better. you can sort of circle strafe for a short distance with this control option, but not full-on circlestrafe forever.

so yeah happy to see that it's actually manageable somewhat to circle strafe enemies.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Blinge wrote:Bro 64 on cart is so frickin' DARK , it became unplayable to me. hopefully you don't have the same problem.
so far I'm ok in that regard. it is dark(some ground scapes are really dark in fact) but there's enough contrasting highlight that it hasn't been impossible to navigate so far. I do have a very good crt that can get very bright while keeping a good picture(I can really crank the brightness and it still looks very good) and I'm using a good connexion (s-video), so I,m sure this helps.
Last edited by FinalBaton on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

FinalBaton wrote:with d-pad control : L and R sidestep in their respective direction and do move you by their own. by using it in conjunction with the d-pad, you're able to perform some pretty good circle strafing actually.
Been forever since I played an FPS on single-stick gamepad (or an FPS, period - happy enough tinkering with DOOMBuilder these days tbh), but that sounds like the one I'd use. I always favoured [strafe l] and [strafe r] buttons, ala OG DOS DOOM (, and . for l/r by default, mappable to arrow keys via the 1337 HAX config program).

Tried playing 32X DOOM for a laugh a while back, just couldn't stand its "hold C to enable strafe" setup. This on a six-button controller, even. Would rather play GBA DOOM with its L/R strafing, though the game is compromised nearly as much by the tiny screen/speakers. Gotta be on a nice big monitor with floor-shaking bass behind every murderous blast. Image Image
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

yeah the one-button setup of ''hold to engage sidestep'' really doesn't work.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

MDK 2 on the DC had a great scheme. Move with face buttons, shoot/jump with triggers, and aim with thumb.
My lord, I have come for you.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Burinju, this is how it looks in my setup.

Laying down the Hammer of Justice Image
Love the orange and red skies in that game.

full res pic here : https://u.cubeupload.com/FinalBaton/DSC07583.jpg

Really manageable. there's a cave part in that level that's also extremely dark and I'm also able to manage that.
Last edited by FinalBaton on Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Image Image
METAL AS FVCK Image
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha gorgeous, but i meant Doom64 Sorreeee Finurbaton
Blackfielding

Post by Blackfielding »

Sometimes I can ask more skilful gamers for help. Every single time I am sorry for doing that but I am addicted to wins over my colleagues :) also I like buying gold at WoW (usually do it via https://overgear.com/games/wow/gold).
Last edited by Blackfielding on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I get more excited buying games than playing them :oops:

Gaming isn't like what it use to for me where I could spend hours playing. Now I get bored in like 15 minutes.

Unless a REALLY good game grabs my attention but the last game I actually played and beat was Aggelos :shock:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Despite the near-universal praise, I just don't like "Hades."

As an action game it's too stiff for my tastes, as an ARPG there's no real loot, and as a roguelite there are plenty of games with much more interesting powerup methods.

Clearly it's Supergiant games' best, the music, writing, and voice acting are top-notch. But learning the story is the only thing that's kept me clinging to it for this long.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I used vital stars + other items to finish Devil May Cry
:wink:
BIL

Post by BIL »

You're supposed to, on your first run-through. Image Kamiya's an oldschool arcade head, the ranking system is meant for longterm mastery once mere survival's no longer an issue. I fuckin bombed the shit out of Nelo Angelo III, I didn't give a fuck, I had SH2 and MGS2 to play Image

The fact you survived at all marks you as a cut above the riffraff. Image Remember where you came from and what you are - no matter how many Jarpiggies you carouse amongst, you are a pucciman among puccibois Image (#homovibes Image Image)

I never bothered with the XTREEM scoring tbh, just draggin' me bristly scrote across the DMD! New Game Start was quite enough, a splendid bit of technical ultraviolence. Image On ye olde Phantom Babies forum you'd see some real crazy mahfuckas doing obscenely high-end runs. Fuckin place closed down IIRC, figures. 3; I never got into the nutsack-tickling Tony Hawk DMC3 stuff though. I get the upper hand on a motherfucker, I'm gonna smash his fuckin dome or stop his heart, TRIPLE if he's got friends with 'im! I ain't here to ride em around the room like some S&M boipucci leatherman workout video! :shock:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha you're right of course

I'm just used to people i know, and internet bros talking about games divorced from time and space
ie. "yeah don't use items in dmc"

forgetting that they too were new once.. :cry:

You know birru, when I see godlike threads like The Good Doctor's Perfect selection.
I feel guilty for not sharpening my pucci teeth on more hard 2D gayming
BIL

Post by BIL »

TBH Burinju the most important things are (`w´メ)

1) buying games Image
2) finding a nice lady (or gentleman!) Image
3) yardwork Image
4) playing games Image

Even if you give it a decade or so - while you'll be older and a bit greyer, The Hard Gayming will be waiting, Harder and Gayer than ever! :shock: Image
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Blinge wrote:I'm just used to people i know, and internet bros talking about games divorced from time and space
ie. "yeah don't use items in dmc"
There's nothing wrong with using items when you're still at the gittin gud stage of that kind of game. There is, however, a problem, when the game lets you use all the invulnerability items you want and get perfect S ranking on missions *coughBayonetta2cough*. i blame nintendo
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah, that's fuckin blasphemy. :evil: I reach into a barrel of tits and grab hold of a dick - yo! I asked for S-Ranked players for muh DREAM VG CHAMPEENS TEAM, you soft cunt! Now, you gittin' sued! (muh dream case, casuals BTFO at common law :cool:)

If it were me, I'd make the "S" blurb on those clears read "SOFT AS SHITE" in the game data. Image

Gotta pay the cost 2 be the boss, naw mean Image
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I take back what I said about Hades. I was trying to play with Keyboard+Mouse. But like CrossCode this is an action game that just doesn't work without a controller.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Has anyone tried to play Ys: Origin, or any in that trilogy using kb/m?

i know a ruski trying to do it now for his first playthrough and the thought of it keeps me up at night
BIL

Post by BIL »

Personally, I would sooner live in the mountains for a decade, training diligently to acquire a body of immaculately ductile steel, so I might one day bite my own erect shaft off at the root.

But then again, there's always some crazy deviant-ass muhfucka out there NMNBing Zatsuza with a DC fishing rod, so you never know!
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Blinge wrote:Has anyone tried to play Ys: Origin, or any in that trilogy using kb/m?

i know a ruski trying to do it now for his first playthrough and the thought of it keeps me up at night
Yes. I beat them both using it.

KB+M works like a charm for the Ys Felghana games, albeit not with the default button arrangement.

I just used MAME standard: arrows to move, Z to jump, X to attack, Shift to sprint/charge magic, Space to Hyper, A and S to switch spells.

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

2D souls-like sucks.

There I said it.
My lord, I have come for you.