Non-Shmup 1cc Lists

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
copy-paster

Re: Non-Shmup 1cc Lists

Post by copy-paster »

kitten wrote:tbh, i feel like there's enough non-shmup enthusiasm on here
You guys talk non-shmup offtopic shit more in a shmups forum? you all are fucking pathetic jarpig shit and killing shmups!! :evil: :evil: :x

Jokes aside these are some of them I could remember of, not quite impressive at all:

Akumajo Dracula X68000
Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo ALL routes
Castlevania NES
Castlevania Chronicles Arrange mode
Contra NES
Contra: Hard Corps ALL stages
Contra: Shattered Soldier (1CC and S-Rank clear)
Fate/Unlimited Codes PSP
Mad City
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 5
Ninja Gaiden NES
Ninja Ryukenden III (aka Ninja Gaiden 3, Japan ver)
Puchi Carat (Beginner Player mode)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES

Recent short/long term goals: Ninja Gaiden nomiss, Neo Slugs clear, Dracula X68K nomiss. Ninja Gaiden 3 might be on the list but damn those floaty jumps and act 5 with those gimmick stuff (inertia platforming).
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

I remember posting a list 10+ years ago, and Ruldra commenting something like "you've 1-CC'ed just about anything, haven't you?" (maybe so, but mostly mildly easy arcade titles).
I wanted to bump this thread, if only to remind myself that I may prepare a new list in the upcoming...time.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
o.pwuaioc

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Randorama wrote:By the way, does anyone remember if I ever had a full list of 1-CC's? Of late, when I try to remember anything games-related, I feel like I am trying to reminisce about past lives...
I feel you on that. There are a handful of games I've 1-cc'd a number of times: Ninja Gaiden (only 1 so far, but I should try to attempt the JP version of III at some point just to get it out of the way), Contra, Contra III, Castlevania, Castlevania IV, bunch of platformers (Sonic 1, 2, I'm sure 3 bitd, Mario games out the wazoo, except 2 US and definitely not 2 JP), Balloon Fight (though I'm so out of practice), Super Metroid (does this even count?), Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, etc.

But I never kept track of them, so I'm sure there are more. When I was a kid, I just didn't write this sort of stuff down. Remembering the first time I "1-CC'd" a game, I dunno, probably Sonic 1 or Super Mario World, definitely feels like a past life, an entry in a history book that is both alien and familiar, me but not quite me.

I've become a bit of a scrub, though. I'll try to 1-CC a game and then immediately begin losing the skills I used to have as I move on to the next game and neglect it for 5 years or so. Only a handful of games were ever in constant rotation, and the older I get, the less time I have to dedicate to "getting gud." Bah.