Super Mario Maker

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
ryu

Re: Super Mario Maker

Post by ryu »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:Are the Wii and VC games STILL 50 Hz only on PAL Wii U? That was, like, Jesus wept in this day and age (MOST PAL Wii games are 60 Hz on PAL Wii for what it's worth).
Pretty sure that's the case, yeah.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

No, it depends on the game. There are quite a few instances where Nintendo is using the US version, and those run on 60Hz.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

/!\ CAUTION /!\
Giant assault vehicle
[ Black Behemoth "BONEGRINDER" ]
is advance on location
Mission ID: 24E6-0000-0068-DC5C
Stay Vigilant Always
...ahem.

The name felt like it warranted such an introduction, though the name is much more shmup-style than the stage. But it's short and kind of hard, so maybe it's a bit arcadey, at least.

Also! I learned how to get good screenshots, courtesy of SomethingAwful: "Find a screen you like on either Gamepad or TV, then hit home, go to Internet Browser, go to imgur.com, select Upload Images, then Browse Computer."
Last edited by KennyMan666 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I just uploaded my latest project: I put a lot of effort into presentation, and with any luck this one will be a star magnet!

However I'm going to refrain from posting the code here until I get the chance to play some of the levels posted here; I feel it's only fair that if I want you guys to play my level and give feedback, I should do the same in return.

On a side note, while the second stage I made is still doing terribly (no stars, only about 10 plays, and only two clears), the very first stage I uploaded is actually doing reasonably well with around 7 stars, and around 25 or so plays.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I attempted to make a level based on world 1 of the Game & Watch Super Mario Bros., but trying to fit the LCD limitations into Mario Maker's engine doesn't make for an exciting level, so I scrapped it. I made some adjustments to Peachy Fire! (now called Peachy Revenge! to closer fit the original Peach against Bowser concept) and I feel it's less cheap and more fun than the previous version. The code for the new version is B218-0000-005F-EACA.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

Black Behemoth "BONEGRINDER" has been reuploaded with some tweaks due to babies who can't jump through a three tile high gap as big Mario. Get it at FB8C-0000-0065-3D64.

The Forgotten Deep has also been given some very minor tweaks. It's now definitely, completely, 100% impossible to lock yourself out from beating the stage (I'm pretty sure that was true even before but now I've made sure it's actually impossible, even if you might have to search the level a bit more if you screw up the intended solution). It's on 79E0-0000-0065-3428 now.
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxY8pELhqM
Course ID: 6059-0000-005E-4FB5
Lube optional.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Well, I didn't take the difficulty of some of these levels into account, so it might be awhile until I actually manage to beat them! They are looking pretty good so far though!

So in the meantime here's my latest level:

"Flight of the Mad Bob-omber"
B155-0000-0062-9555

It's an airship level similar in design to early SMB 3 airship stages, with a bit more focus on presentation and a slight twist at the end.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

After some additional feedback, Bonegrinder has now gotten a third version that you can get at 24E6-0000-0068-DC5C. This should hopefully be the last.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Someone bought this for me as a gift today <3

Really enjoying it. I like challenging the hard-but-not-too-hard courses on Course World to see if I can get them on my first try. Always nice to keep seeing new things.

By the way, is unlocking stuff based on time spent in the editor? Or is it the game as a whole?
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

Editor, I believe - but you can speed it up, since it also looks at objects placed.

Open a new level and extent the goal as far as possible to the right. Pick a block or coin (anything you can hold down) and scribble all over on the touchpad while scrolling the camera towards the other end of the level. Do this until you hit the limit of things you can place. Then hit Undo (if you never lifted your pen, this will make everything go away). Repeat. It should only take one or two times until you get a message that a delivery truck will appear sonner than they thought, and another repetition for it to arrive with the new stuff. Then use all of the new stuff and repeat from the beginning.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Panga's new monstrosity. Go and get rekt, nerds.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Just uploaded a 4th course:

Mega Mushroom Detour
C4B9-0000-0078-3D73

This one is a bit more unorthodox than my previous courses, but I don't want to spoil it.

I'm just going to say that it's quick, straightforward, and easy, but it should be enough to keep you on your toes a bit.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Threw together a stage last night on break

(20B6-0000-0075-B46E)

The next one will probably be easier. Any feedback is appreciated.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
SmiteOfHand

Post by SmiteOfHand »

microhell
(F142-0000-0078-0642)
<3
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Icarus wrote:Panga's new monstrosity. Go and get rekt, nerds.
If anyone's wondering what the course looks like: http://www.twitch.tv/pangaeapanga/v/18000718
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

SmiteOfHand wrote:Image
Stop telling me I need to buy a U ;_;
SmiteOfHand

Post by SmiteOfHand »

BryanM wrote:Stop telling me I need to buy a U ;_;
Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Just... DO IT.
Last edited by SmiteOfHand on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Is that "Panga Express"? I was watching him put it together this morning and it was utterly hilarious.
Speaking of Panga, there's a spreadsheet with all the codes of his creations available.
SmiteOfHand

Post by SmiteOfHand »

I hope it is worthy of its namesake. <3

danmaku (B75F-0000-0080-7CB6)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Panga's new level.
I hope you know how to walljump. :V
ryu

Post by ryu »

Posting this before it becomes unavailable:

C017-000-0097-CE0C

I wanted to do more with the concept, but making a stage like this takes a lot of nerve and time...
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

I'm personally not a fan of these "so hard it will take 300 goes" levels as I don't find them fun but goddamn the amount of time and effort some people put into their levels is ridicuous.

Edit again: After it was pointed out that you can make longer levels from the start I went and make Schmups Farm Mk II!

Feedback on this would be appreciated! :D
Last edited by Illyrian on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Illyrian wrote: Edit: I made this level which is meant to be vaguely Parodius like. It is very short as I haven't unlocked the longer playfield yet. I'd love some constructive feedback!
Here's some constructive feedback before I play it: Making longer play fields is a feature from the start. At the bottom of the touchscreen, you see that bar indicating where the camera is relative to the start and end of the stage? Drag the right end of that. :V
sky-13

Post by sky-13 »

Got the game a while ago so all course editor options are open :) I was scrolling through the "top rated creators" and noticed "IGA" making levels. Oh man such a great Castlevania feel! I recommend checking those stages out.
Last edited by sky-13 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: no refuge
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Giest118 wrote:
Illyrian wrote: Edit: I made this level which is meant to be vaguely Parodius like. It is very short as I haven't unlocked the longer playfield yet. I'd love some constructive feedback!
Here's some constructive feedback before I play it: Making longer play fields is a feature from the start. At the bottom of the touchscreen, you see that bar indicating where the camera is relative to the start and end of the stage? Drag the right end of that. :V
Oh goddamnit. I am a stupid person.

Edit: Earlier post edited with code for a newer better level.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I'm working on minimal puzzle levels that use basic assets only. Here's the first one I have completed:

Puzzle Prison
ID: 5D06-0000-00B9-9615

Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I picked this up recently, and have a couple of somewhat puzzlish levels to try out if anyone is interested. Still getting used to the tools, but I'm going for some difficulty but nothing too trollish.

Taking out the Trash
79C9-0000-0119-FB1D

A Colossal Mess
7A65-0000-0117-6E41
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0