From Software 'n such

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Austin

Re: From Software 'n such

Post by Austin »

I finished ER over the weekend. Great game, but man am I freaking done with it. 105 hours. I'm not used to single games consuming that much of my life in such a short span of time.

I did start NG+ but after Godrick I basically just stopped. My character was so beefy I was just wrecking everything with ease. Figured I'd probably have more fun with another fresh start, but I have to put the game down now and focus on other titles.

Probably missed a few caves and catacombs along the way, but I had just about everything in the world uncovered that I could think of. Also made sure in the last dozen hours or so to wrap up various questlines. That was definitely worth it there as there are some interesting "From-variety" environments you can end up at, ones that you would likely miss without a guide.

I think I knocked out every unique boss along the way, except for -
Spoiler
DRAGONLORD PLACIDUSAX.
I was pretty burned out by that point. Pretty cool boss though.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

That's what I told myself at first but I ended up doing 4 loops. The game gets substantially faster after the first time.

I sold the game, but I'll be back for the DLC.
it290

Post by it290 »

To resume the difficulty discussion, I have a weird history with these games. I played Demon's Souls on PS3 first. Really enjoyed it, but didn't quite understand the level structure and bounced off after completing a few areas. Still haven't completed it (or the remake!). I played Dark Souls on PC next. Had a similar thing happen where I did Undead Burg, then took the wrong path and found myself all the way down in Demon Ruins before feeling inexorably stuck and gave up on it. I played DS2 next, absolutely loved it and completed it in spite of some stopping points. Then I did Bloodborne, and then DS3, both of which were amazing and neither of which presented any major obstacles, although I got stuck at certain points for some time in both. Then I went back to DS1 and completed it. Next was Sekiro—I still haven't finished it. And I'm currently playing Elden Ring.

So for me, yeah, I guess it kind of is a 'first playthrough' discussion because that's what most players will end up experiencing, and even if we're just looking at the Dark Souls games, the level design and interconnected world of DS1 throw up way more of an obstacle to the player than any of the strictly combat-related challenges. Yes, the bosses are more difficult in DS3, but you're mostly on a linear path and there's nothing that will just hard block you from progress. By comparison, DS1 has a shit ton of things that aren't explained at all and the player must discover by trial and error... the necromancers in the catacombs are an early example, but equally early you can get to New Londo Ruins and get your shit totally fucked up by the ghosts because you don't know how the curse/transient curse mechanic works. So yeah, if you read a wiki and figure out what to do that part is easy, but if you're just going it on your own it's way harder than just learning boss timings or whatever. And I really do think that's how these games are meant to be played; they share the same sense of exploration and learning as the original Legend of Zelda.

I think the classic example really is Sen's Fortress. You'll encounter this pretty early on if you're on the 'happy path' for the game. And it will fuck you up, repeatedly, until you learn to deal with both its powerful enemies and the numerous traps involved. You absolutely have to do this in order to progress to the midgame. I don't think there's ever a point where this feels not dangerous, because you're forced to progress through a path at a certain pace.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
guigui

Post by guigui »

it290 wrote:By comparison, DS1 has a shit ton of things that aren't explained at all and the player must discover by trial and error... the necromancers in the catacombs are an early example, but equally early you can get to New Londo Ruins and get your shit totally fucked up by the ghosts because you don't know how the curse/transient curse mechanic works.
Cannot completely agree on those points.

New Londo, when you first enter it, has a corpse with the item that allows to hit ghosts on it. And the item description clearly states that you need it to be able to hit those ghosts. So careful exploration needed ; read the lore, think, progress. A bit like when you actually needed to read a game instruction manual in order to understand what was going on. Wasn't that great ?

Catacombs is a bit trickier. But if you pay attention to respawning skeletons, you see that there is some kind of magic involved .. and having a magic launcher hidden somewhere might ring a bell. I wish the first necromancer was closer to the beginning of the area though.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
MJR

Post by MJR »

One of my major "A-ha!" moments in DS1 was when I realized that I can often just run past more troublesome enemies. Especially in beginning with the skeletons, you have to be pretty high level to deal with them, but, if you run past them you can get some useful items early on. Same applied immediately with DS3 early on at the high wall, you can run past the dragon and let it burn all the enemies.

I also bought the official guide book to Dark Souls but never read it, because I wanted unspoiled experience. After I completed the game I was so burned by it that I never touched the book. If I some day play it again, then I'll do it with book, just for fun.

Not having much time for DS3 now because I got pretty harsh deadline with my animated music video, but so far it has been just a joy to play. I missed so much stuff / did so much stupid on my first attempt that restarting did lot of good, actually.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

guigui wrote: New Londo, when you first enter it, has a corpse with the item that allows to hit ghosts on it. And the item description clearly states that you need it to be able to hit those ghosts. So careful exploration needed ; read the lore, think, progress
yup, not to suck my own dick or anything but i figured this one out right quick.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Today I discovered that it's possible to instantly die from falling into a bottomless pit in Sekiro, despite the game normally having mercy damage that normally only takes about 40% of your max health in exchange for putting you back on solid ground, which allows you to recover from accidental falls. If you fall in a spot where you get stuck on the wall and start falling infinitely, there's no way to move, to pause, to use items, etc. After about about 5-7 seconds the game will "timeout" the falling animation and just kill you.

I discovered then when trying to get through NG deathless and was doing quite well (was about to fight Owl) and suddenly ate a death this way. It was a section of the cliff on Mt. Senpou between
Spoiler
the woman who gives hints in exchange for rice, and the tree you need to climb to grapple to the kite.
Definitely was a problem with the mapping there because I tried jumping into the exact same corner a second time to see if it was a fluke and I got stuck again.

Oops.

Apparently others have stumbled upon this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooujT6gkwKM / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKPiIJCqqI

Surprised the timeout doesn't just trigger the "return to last solid ground" thing normally falling like this does.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Heading towards the finish line in ER. 140+ hours, played it really slow, did almost everything.

2nd playthrough I am going to use the interactive map to keep me aware of shit and to get to where I want to be. I am thinking of going in this order, but am open to suggestions:
Spoiler
Weeping Penis
Stormveil
Academy/Rennala
Radahn/Caelid
Ranni
Fia (didn't do in NG)
Corwyn (didn't do in NG)
And then head up
At that point I have Gelmir/Lyndell/Giants/Snowfield/Blood Palace (didn't do in NG), and Elphael
And until DLC proves other wise
Spoiler
Maliketh
is by far the best boss in the game.

I do plan on also doing any castle with a boss.

Something like that. Thoughts or suggestions?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Weeping Penis. Love it.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Austin

Post by Austin »

Everyone gotten their fill of Elden Ring yet?

I went back to Dark Souls 1 afterwards, and man.. after a hundred hours on ER, there was definitely an adjustment period required. :lol:
drauch

Post by drauch »

I got it late, so I'm still explorin', like 90 hours in. I've definitely got my fill of bosses, but I love exploring the world.

I remember the first time I went from Dark Souls to Bloodborne immediately. It was rough. I'm sure I'll be pressing X/A to jump once I'm back in for an hour or so.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

I have a question about rolling in Dark Souls (1). How invincible is it? I've been relying on my shield instead of rolling; I've rolled maybe 15 times in the game in the past 20 hours, not counting the few times I used it to try to move faster (up until hour 4 I didn't even know that you could run. I thought that the jog was my run).
drauch

Post by drauch »

It's based on your weight. This covers it pretty well.

https://darksouls.fandom.com/wiki/Rolling

Shield will only save you briefly against certain enemies, but as I'm sure you've noticed, it will tank your endurance and you'll potentially wind up in trouble. Any boss situation you're going to be wanting to roll almost all the time over a shield.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

I had no idea that it was like that. Playing as a heavy knight, rolling was almost useless! All boss battles for me so far have been about timing shield use and shield recovery, then finding opportunities to heal as bosses are whittled down...
drauch

Post by drauch »

Yeah, once you start "fat rolling", your window to dodge drastically decreases. You want to try to keep your total weight under 70% to avoid that. To put it simply, you'll know you're good when you stop having that long, rumbling thud every dodge, and more of an agile roll.

You won't notice it as much with the Knight's starting gear, as the shield has 100% physical. If you change out shields at some point though and it's not 100%, you'll take little bits of damage while shielding, even if your endurance is good. Just something to watch out for.

There's parrying with the shield too, but I'd forego that for now and get used to the dodging first.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Shield is genuinely strong in DS1 tho guys i think we forget
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:Shield is genuinely strong in DS1 tho guys i think we forget
I beat DS1 and DS3 tanking the first time. Used shield pretty heavily in ER too.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Light, unburdened rolling is ultimately the more efficient and effective choice of defense (it costs less stamina and usually puts you in a better spot to counterattack) - but it's also more difficult and requires more knowledge than simply using a strong shield. It all depends on your preference of course, but I'd say it makes sense to at least start off using shields, and switch over to primarily using rolling later once you've learned the ropes and if you feel it's appropriate.
drauch

Post by drauch »

I dunno if I would suggest to only use the shield or rolling (which I apologize if that is what my suggestion came off like), but mix it up depending on the situation/enemy. It's all just a learning experience, albeit a potentially painful one :lol: .
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I actually had a whale of a time playing DS3 on NG+2 i think, staying behind a greatshield and poking with greatlance.

I tried not to roll ever. my stamina bar was fucking thicc.
It's a whole different ballgame, managing stamina like that

I remember against S____ of C____ my instincts took over and I rolled now and then
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Used shield pretty heavily in ER too.
That's probably pretty normal. In ER, you better be a fucking master of situational awareness and rolling else you're rocking a shield, especially endgame:
Spoiler
Look, I love the game, but damage models on some of the end game regular enemies and mini-bosses is fucking stupid and needs some serious tuning:

- rune bears in consecrated snowfields (<-- shoulda been one of the coolest areas, but it straight up sucks ass) do more damage than the fire giant. With 40 vigor and ~40% damage negation they two-shot me. lol, what...
- Yelough Anix Ruins. 10+ trolls that each spam unendurable frenzy.
- Bell Bearing Hunter in Caelid. Totally unnecessary.

Not surprising, the difficulty for most of these and just about everything else, is negated w/ the use of magic. And in their current form with their dogshit scaling, bows just aren't great endgame and it doesn't make any sense; bows are the coolest they've ever been.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Shields in DS1 are ridiculously good, just like in Demon's Souls. Even when I am fast rolling I still keep one equipped for the occasional block and parry (usually Grass Crest so I get that stamina regen boost when I'm not actively using the shield). Parrying in particular is also much easier in DS1 compared to ER and DS3, so it's worth getting good at it.

Later parts of the game (especially the DLC bosses) pretty much require you to learn how to roll, however. In post-DS1 titles, rolling is also the first thing you should be learning to do, everything else is secondary.
Steamflogger Boss

Steamflogger Boss

I've beat these games every which way. Except for 2, I basically don't replay 2. Agree that rolling is strong, of course.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

Just stopping by again to say, thanks for the introduction to rolling and the tips.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Finished Elden Ring, ran NG+ back to 80%. Done. And by done I mean I'll most likely never play it again.

It's good and I am glad it got made, but I hope their next game is not open world. Open world is a one trick pony - amazing the first time, then it just gets in the way of the best content.

Bloodborne and Sekiro are still the kings.

Speaking of the latter I finished a Sek NG+ run from June. Just had SS to beat. Took a little time to get back in the rhythm - 10 tries maybe? I had completed the first gauntlet too. Might get back to the 2nd one..think I made it halfway? Want to fight Inner Owl.

Started +2 run. Just passed snake about to head into the castle.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Can confirm. ;3 (I like how you don't get anything for that fight, haha - except the buggers spawning right back!)

Burinju this was some crazy shit. (■`w´■) Do feel free to repost all this in From thread; I am avoiding it, as I enjoy the total blindness too much Image So many wonderful surprises, some fairly pants-shitting! I can tell I'll wanna do at least another couple loops, so I will take ANOTHER running fuck out of thread + forum, and return with a proper travelogue chock fulla GIFs and XTRA-hard sperging in a week or so.

If BB was my beloved Shinobi/ZOE2 dash n' gash wreathed in SH2-calibre phantasmagoria, this was more like an Ocarina of Time for grown-ass maynes who know how to take - and give! - a stiff thrashing. Just uh, swap out the easygoing puzzle-solving and gangbang-safe duels for the ruthlessly cutthroat tower-scaling/dungeon-diving of Faxanadu and Dragon Slayer IV. I don't think I've ever played something so simultaneously entertaining yet hardcore. It's a much kinder game than BB, to its (and Bloodborne's!) credit.

Best regards, your Hard Gayming Friend Dr. Penis Biruford MD of Muttfordshire

(what follows is XTRA GAY WARBLING ;3)

Die Endstatistik von Herr Doktor Biruford Image

Spoiler

Build: Glass Cannon aka NINJA aka MORE BB THAN BB. Image X-TREEEM STR+END, Good DEX, middling VIT/RES, minimal everything else. Decided early on that I liked hefting fuckoff massive arms and shields while making do with moderate-to-light armour. That's The Hard Gayming ala R2R in a nutshell tbh. Image

Limited magic to a bit of extra healing and the occasional flashlight. I can tell there's a lot of scope for a Wizardly Run, far moreso than the ninja-minded BB. Setting motherfuckers' hair on fire and making their ribcages collapse without laying a finger on em does sound like an interesting change of pace.

Weapons: Great Scythe / Great Axe / Dragon Tooth (sliding scale of zako swatback to heavy target demolition)

Bows: Pharis / Dragonslayer (same; avoided Crossbows and Sorcery, hated the delay, and low INT besides)

Shields: Eagle / Tower / Black Iron (I pretty much never parried until Gwyn, where I used the previously END-boost only Grass Crest; Greatshields were SUPER comfy after BB)

Attire: Shadow / Eastern / Black Iron sets (mixed/matched for mobility VS survival, also NINJA :cool: used Guardian gear for double Manticore, because holy fuck, that was some Iron Zookeeper shit :shock:)

Rings: Havel + Wolf (float like a butterfly, sting like a motherfucker)

Boss order, Phase 1 Ring Mah Bell: Taurus/Bell Gs/GAPEH/SpideyBoobs/Discharge/Pinwheel/Wolfeh/Stray D/Iron Golem/Fat Man & Lion BOI

In any ARPG, if I'm given a really obvious destination, I'll always try to do everything off to the side. I like the sense of forging where I probably shouldn't, and possibly snagging goodies that prove useful back on the beaten track. Check mah GR8 SCYTHE aka CHURCH PICK: PROLOGUE boyeee! R1 Drinking Bird *peck peck* R2 HERU SWEEPAH *swish swish* :cool:

So I scoured the pre-Sen's world hard, including Demon Ruins, Asylum Redux, Tomb Of The Giants and New Londo, before hitting each's hard barrier and finally heading into the fortress. I like to savour such quality. Image

Phase 2 Operation LORDKILLAH: Fiery Demon Thingies & Puzzleboss of Chaos/Dead Gay Skeleton Gangbang/Seath

I had a faint but nagging worry I was about to be Okami'd, once I reached Big Titteh Mama and the Gold Boss Doors went down. A long, evocative preamble, then *womp womp* a boss rush and the end credits. :sad: Was beyond delighted to see DS1 go a million miles in the other direction. Quality AND quantity. :shock:

Phase 3 Hol up imma look around a bit: Manticore/Artie/Malus/Manticore TIMES II/Kalameet

...still, I was in no hurry. (^w´ ) I knew from the box blurb that this was DLC, and as with BB, I thought I'd give it a go before what I assumed to be the endgame. This had the unintended side-effect of XTREEM cosmic horror, as I had no idea WTF the Abyss was supposed to be. Liked the vibe tbh. When I got back on track I was like "Oh right." :lol:

Phase 4 Aight, Time 2 Loop: Four KANGZ/Gwynnie

New New Londo was a helluva final rally. Creepy as all hell. First time I made out a mini-Nito slithering in the dark below, brr. All them times I heard a skelebro clattering his way determinedly out of the dark, aieee! Miyazaki's got a fine talent for horror. Four Kangz felt like a ZOE2 battle, looooooved it Image

After Artie & Manus's proto-BB intensity, Gwyn wasn't an issue - atmospherically, though - holy fuck intense. Much the same for the surrounding area - at this point, From had earned a relatively easygoing sendoff ten times over, and the mood was priceless besides. Plonking a Ruins-esque phalanx of big enemies in would've been trivial, and I'm glad they didn't. Despite DS1 being avowedly fantasy, a tale of gods and monsters, I don't think I've seen a VG locale more convincingly "post-apocalyptic." The obvious motif aside, it truly feels burnt-out, exhausted, done. What heartbreaking BGM from mah boi Sakuraba, too.

Spared Prissy in Loop 1, having cleared out Painted World on arrival in Anor Londo. 3; I never attack From NPCs, if I can help it. One of my few hard narrative criticisms of BB is it requiring you to, apropos of nothing in my character, brain not just one but TWO defenseless broads Image :lol: Do I expect to arrive at demigodhood with clean hands, particularly in an authentically ruthless cosmic horror tale? Hell the fuck no. But make it a reasoned decision, not a random *BONK* :shock: Fought her yesterday, hoooly fuck what a rad concept. Reminded me of Kojima's playfully lethal MGS highlights.

Also a neat illustration of DS1's finely generous defense. I started the fight with a throwing knife, because I hate stealing a big free chunk of HP on aggro. Aaand then she was slapping the living shit out of me, sending poor HayaBiruford sprawling across the snow. In desperation I fell back to the exit ramp, hoping to at least limit her angles of attack. And that's when I noticed her furry little feets. 3;

As you know, you simply can't have this kind of experience with BB bosses, where it's pure do-or-die. As with DS1 at large, this was a subtly more relaxed take on Hardcore Killing, and lovely for it. (AND I felt awful reading her soul's description! I wonder what's up there, hmm)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Incoming Transmission from Good Doctor Penis
Can confirm. ;3 (I like how you don't get anything for that fight, haha - except the buggers spawning right back!)

Burinju this was some crazy shit. (■`w´■) Do feel free to repost all this in From thread; I am avoiding it, as I enjoy the total blindness too much Image So many wonderful surprises, some fairly pants-shitting! I can tell I'll wanna do at least another couple loops, so I will take ANOTHER running fuck out of thread + forum, and return with a proper travelogue chock fulla GIFs and XTRA-hard sperging in a week or so.

If BB was my beloved Shinobi/ZOE2 dash n' gash wreathed in SH2-calibre phantasmagoria, this was more like an Ocarina of Time for grown-ass maynes who know how to take - and give! - a stiff thrashing. Just uh, swap out the easygoing puzzle-solving and gangbang-safe duels for the ruthlessly cutthroat tower-scaling/dungeon-diving of Faxanadu and Dragon Slayer IV. I don't think I've ever played something so simultaneously entertaining yet hardcore. It's a much kinder game than BB, to its (and Bloodborne's!) credit.

Best regards, your Hard Gayming Friend Dr. Penis Biruford MD of Muttfordshire

(what follows is XTRA GAY WARBLING ;3)

Die Endstatistik von Herr Doktor Biruford Image

Spoiler

Build: Glass Cannon aka NINJA aka MORE BB THAN BB. Image X-TREEEM STR+END, Good DEX, middling VIT/RES, minimal everything else. Decided early on that I liked hefting fuckoff massive arms and shields while making do with moderate-to-light armour. That's The Hard Gayming ala R2R in a nutshell tbh. Image

Limited magic to a bit of extra healing and the occasional flashlight. I can tell there's a lot of scope for a Wizardly Run, far moreso than the ninja-minded BB. Setting motherfuckers' hair on fire and making their ribcages collapse without laying a finger on em does sound like an interesting change of pace.

Weapons: Great Scythe / Great Axe / Dragon Tooth (sliding scale of zako swatback to heavy target demolition)

Bows: Pharis / Dragonslayer (same; avoided Crossbows and Sorcery, hated the delay, and low INT besides)

Shields: Eagle / Tower / Black Iron (I pretty much never parried until Gwyn, where I used the previously END-boost only Grass Crest; Greatshields were SUPER comfy after BB)

Attire: Shadow / Eastern / Black Iron sets (mixed/matched for mobility VS survival, also NINJA :cool: used Guardian gear for double Manticore, because holy fuck, that was some Iron Zookeeper shit :shock:)

Rings: Havel + Wolf (float like a butterfly, sting like a motherfucker)

Boss order, Phase 1 Ring Mah Bell: Taurus/Bell Gs/GAPEH/SpideyBoobs/Discharge/Pinwheel/Wolfeh/Stray D/Iron Golem/Fat Man & Lion BOI

In any ARPG, if I'm given a really obvious destination, I'll always try to do everything off to the side. I like the sense of forging where I probably shouldn't, and possibly snagging goodies that prove useful back on the beaten track. Check mah GR8 SCYTHE aka CHURCH PICK: PROLOGUE boyeee! R1 Drinking Bird *peck peck* R2 HERU SWEEPAH *swish swish* :cool:

So I scoured the pre-Sen's world hard, including Demon Ruins, Asylum Redux, Tomb Of The Giants and New Londo, before hitting each's hard barrier and finally heading into the fortress. I like to savour such quality. Image

Phase 2 Operation LORDKILLAH: Fiery Demon Thingies & Puzzleboss of Chaos/Dead Gay Skeleton Gangbang/Seath

I had a faint but nagging worry I was about to be Okami'd, once I reached Big Titteh Mama and the Gold Boss Doors went down. A long, evocative preamble, then *womp womp* a boss rush and the end credits. :sad: Was beyond delighted to see DS1 go a million miles in the other direction. Quality AND quantity. :shock:

Phase 3 Hol up imma look around a bit: Manticore/Artie/Malus/Manticore TIMES II/Kalameet

...still, I was in no hurry. (^w´ ) I knew from the box blurb that this was DLC, and as with BB, I thought I'd give it a go before what I assumed to be the endgame. This had the unintended side-effect of XTREEM cosmic horror, as I had no idea WTF the Abyss was supposed to be. Liked the vibe tbh. When I got back on track I was like "Oh right." :lol:

Phase 4 Aight, Time 2 Loop: Four KANGZ/Gwynnie

New New Londo was a helluva final rally. Creepy as all hell. First time I made out a mini-Nito slithering in the dark below, brr. All them times I heard a skelebro clattering his way determinedly out of the dark, aieee! Miyazaki's got a fine talent for horror. Four Kangz felt like a ZOE2 battle, looooooved it Image

After Artie & Manus's proto-BB intensity, Gwyn wasn't an issue - atmospherically, though - holy fuck intense. Much the same for the surrounding area - at this point, From had earned a relatively easygoing sendoff ten times over, and the mood was priceless besides. Plonking a Ruins-esque phalanx of big enemies in would've been trivial, and I'm glad they didn't. Despite DS1 being avowedly fantasy, a tale of gods and monsters, I don't think I've seen a VG locale more convincingly "post-apocalyptic." The obvious motif aside, it truly feels burnt-out, exhausted, done. What heartbreaking BGM from mah boi Sakuraba, too.

Spared Prissy in Loop 1, having cleared out Painted World on arrival in Anor Londo. 3; I never attack From NPCs, if I can help it. One of my few hard narrative criticisms of BB is it requiring you to, apropos of nothing in my character, brain not just one but TWO defenseless broads Image :lol: Do I expect to arrive at demigodhood with clean hands, particularly in an authentically ruthless cosmic horror tale? Hell the fuck no. But make it a reasoned decision, not a random *BONK* :shock: Fought her yesterday, hoooly fuck what a rad concept. Reminded me of Kojima's playfully lethal MGS highlights.

Also a neat illustration of DS1's finely generous defense. I started the fight with a throwing knife, because I hate stealing a big free chunk of HP on aggro. Aaand then she was slapping the living shit out of me, sending poor HayaBiruford sprawling across the snow. In desperation I fell back to the exit ramp, hoping to at least limit her angles of attack. And that's when I noticed her furry little feets. 3;

As you know, you simply can't have this kind of experience with BB bosses, where it's pure do-or-die. As with DS1 at large, this was a subtly more relaxed take on Hardcore Killing, and lovely for it. (AND I felt awful reading her soul's description! I wonder what's up there, hmm)
drauch

Post by drauch »

I am so confused. BURINJU IS BIRU.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Finished Elden Ring tonight and I'm done with it, at least until a DLC (presuming there is one).
The novelty of an "open-world dark souls" wore off after ~60 hours in, and the game dragged the last 20-30 hours of my ~140-hour gameplay; at the end I feel engorged.
Still an excellent game I'd highly recommend to any FS fan.