Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
KAI

Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread

Post by KAI »

Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf.Achse is finally getting a pc port.
https://twitter.com/SionHibiki/status/9 ... 23808?s=20

Hope this means an En-Eins port in the future, that tourney during the Evo Japan got me all hyped up.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

So...I assume just a simple PC port similarly self-release and press it on discs or w/e. All I can say about this is...what took so long?

It didn't have to really take too long for its Arcade updated version to finally have a "home" port. And yeah, then there's En-Eins, lol.

Surprised there's no mention of Steam however. Just a possibly plain self-release.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Forgot that game even existed.

I remember the first time confusely reading Auf Arsch (ärsche?) and be like uh? ah no must be something else.

I don't know German but that looked suspicious and knowing the funny names Japanese video games sometimes make using foreign words, y'know...
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4bnv02Vak
Geralt from The Witcher games is a guest character in Soul Calibur VI.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I was just about to post that.

I'm not much of a fan of The Witcher, but he'll fit right in to the Soul Calibur series. I'm glad they continue to choose good guests after the disaster that was IV. No idea what they were thinking throwing Star Wars into an otherwise light fantasy fighting game.

Also excited to play as Groh. I really hope they implement character creation again.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BIL

Post by BIL »

BIL wrote:AI CORNER: here's a Tougeki vid where JP pros take on SFZ2, KOF '94 and Kaiser Knuckle bosses with the games' respective main characters. Brutal :o

Part 1
Part 2

Bonus:
gameoverDude wrote:Someone got General!
It took Team Mikado 15 tries but they did it using Wulong. Just goes to show that General's AI is not quite as flawless as thought.
Kaiser Knuckle : Mikado vs General ( 2014/02/04 )

Skip to 24:44 if you want to go straight to the General being slammed.
For fans of misheard fighting game voices, Li Hua's Iai Zan sounds like "Lights out!". :lol:

The conditions to reach General:
1) Have scored 900,000 points or higher after Azteca is defeated.
2) Have done this with no continues.

Now, FutileExistence does warn that it is hard to set a trap like this and that the General is able to learn to escape.
NIGHTMARE AGAIN. :cool: Bloodbath streaming now, various characters vs the infamous GENERAL. Poor bastards. :lol:

EDIT: post-stream timestamp!
Last edited by BIL on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
it290

Post by it290 »

BIL, any legit AOF2 superplays that you know of? Probably not a patch on that Kaiser Knuckle action but I've always wanted to see someone legit 1cc the game.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
it290

Post by it290 »

Cheers, thanks man!
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZJSCtsnhm0

New Guilty Gear hype. Look at how beautiful this game is. And that soundtrack :drool:
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
BIL

Post by BIL »

More SNK Boss Brutality, this time from an actual SNK Boss - Ryo Sakazaki GAROU DENSETSU SPECIAL VER. Many faces are elbowed in ruthlessly efficient Kyokugenryu style! That AOF1-style round intro is badass, he sounds ready to knock a motherfucker out. Then, he does!

Some pretty cookin' scraps ImageImage

THE INVINCIBLE DRAGON VS THE INCORRIGIBLE GOOSE
Spoiler
it290

Post by it290 »

Oh gosh, FFS Ryo. The stuff of nightmares.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Mikado's Sam Sho II World Cup 2019: three hours of tier list-demolishing carnage with Jidaigeki-worthy commentary. These guys are bad for my productivity. Image

Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

BIL wrote:Mikado's Sam Sho II World Cup 2019: three hours of tier list-demolishing carnage with Jidaigeki-worthy commentary. These guys are bad for my productivity. Image

Love the channel
They also play other great games for the Neo Geo.

Loved their Fatal Fury 3 matches they uploaded not to long ago
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

BIL wrote:Mikado's Sam Sho II World Cup 2019: three hours of tier list-demolishing carnage with Jidaigeki-worthy commentary. These guys are bad for my productivity. Image
Great stream. I should sub to this channel.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I remember their blog from pre-Youtube days, but their recent Saigo no Nindou live no-miss really caught my eye. They upload good STG stuff too (like Gradius III & Life Force Superplay DVDs, and a recent Tatsujin Ou doubleplay which was... interesting :lol:). I'm glad they're still going strong!
Ajora

Post by Ajora »

Garou's pathetic DotEmu port was recently replaced by a port done by Code Mystics. Code Mystics have the best rollback netcode there is.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

oh crap, the Garou port is actually worth it now? :o
it290

Post by it290 »

Which port are we talking about?
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Shelcoof wrote:Loved their Fatal Fury 3 matches they uploaded not to long ago
I'll be looking at these. I've thought of Fatal Fury 3 as the weakest MVS game in the series, but maybe it has hidden depths.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Mortificator wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:Loved their Fatal Fury 3 matches they uploaded not to long ago
I'll be looking at these. I've thought of Fatal Fury 3 as the weakest MVS game in the series, but maybe it has hidden depths.
I dunno about that. I think the original is the worst lol

Fatal Fury 3 might not be the greatest but I think its pretty good and very playable.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

The original Fatal Fury came at the tail end of the era where fighting games were designed to be versus-CPU challenges. I'm sure you're right that it's worse than Fatal Fury 3 competitively, but it wasn't focused on player vs. player. Treated as an arcade side-scroller with the clear as the goal, it works very well, and two-player co-op is a nice touch (though one of you will have to go against the final boss alone; Geese knows better than to fight when the deck's stacked against him).

Fatal Fury 3 was essentially the prototype of the Real Bout line, and the enhancements brought by Real Bout 1 a scant nine months have seemed to me to eclipse it. The backgrounds are unique and the music's quite good, though, as you'd expect from SNK.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Mortificator wrote: Fatal Fury 3 was essentially the prototype of the Real Bout line, and the enhancements brought by Real Bout 1 a scant nine months have seemed to me to eclipse it. The backgrounds are unique and the music's quite good, though, as you'd expect from SNK.
What really got me was that Fatal Fury 3 was the last in the series to really tell a story with the backgrounds. Even though Real Bout improved on the mechanics and animation the backgrounds were lacking.

From Fatal Fury to Fatal Fury 3 the backgrounds were lively and gave you this atmosphere of each character. This is done so well in Fatal Fury 3, my favorite being Hon Fu's stage which was just gorgeous.

Real Bout hit and you lost all that. Background were limited and not as lively and colorful. Real Bout 2 had great colorful backgrounds but re-colored a few for different characters.

It just didn't feel the same.

Garou on the other hand was much different. The colors were gone and the game got real dark.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Incidentally, was watching some Chinese KOF players tear it up the other day. NON-STOP DEADLY ACTIONS! However, was reminded of my pet hate for some of 99 and 00's backgrounds... specifically the handful where spectators are visibly oblivious to the furious, often literally explosive action. It's so reductive.

I can easily accept the shift from the earlier games' teeming crowds and vivacious locales to a more depressed, deserted post-heyday aesthetic was deliberate. This goofy stuff just torpedoes the notion though. 99's sunny park is one of the absolute worst (feeding the pigeons with Galactica Phantoms and Power Geysers detonating a couple feet away? no sweat!) but its rainy, stormy variant is a beauty. Like an elegant counterpoint to Alpha 2's formidable Australia stage.

Wish I could find a version with the lightning. May try making one this weekend.

Love these ones, Nazca-esque. Downbeat yet vividly-rendered urban/industrial.

This isn't stuff you notice at the controls, obviously, but having grown up with SFII and Sam Sho II's flawlessly-judged backdrops it always irks me a bit. Just seems a shame, seeing AAA1-calibre pixel art with second-rate direction.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Pretty sure Capcom is just as guilty of that with various games having stage backgrounds in markets and etc. where people just want to eat their goddamn food in peace, TYVM.

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not exactly a great day in the world of anime fighters.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Some seasoned vets (including the people's champ FAB) played a set of the new Guilty Gear Strive against each other at JAEPO. It was live streamed and it was the first time I've felt underwhelmed by the new game. It looked fairly boring tbh. I hope they can turn it around. There was a Q&A with the game director and the creator afterwards. The good news is they do seem open to feedback and will be changing the UI after a negative backlash from community.

brokenhalo wrote:MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.
I'm hoping for MvC2 remaster :mrgreen:
BulletMagnet wrote:Not exactly a great day in the world of anime fighters.
This is really sad :(
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

i really want to like StrIVe, but i'm really just not feeling it. :( of course the art is amazing, but i really need more... and the way the game looks like it feels doesn't appeal to me at all. i'm hoping that if i ever get a chance to play it i'll walk away feeling different, but right now i legitimately have no desire to own the game or even really play it.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

KOF XIV available in this bundle for pretty cheap right now ($4 USD). Also has some other stuff in there that may be of interest (SNK 40th Anniversary, Wonderboy Dragon's Trap, Atari Vault, The Surge (Sci-fi Dark Souls).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-12

Edit: It sold out. lol
Last edited by Udderdude on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.