Hardest Fighting Game Combos

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Hardest Fighting Game Combos

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Yeah, another one of those threads. I'm guessing that it's probably something from Virtua Fighter or Guilty Gear.
Eaglet

Re: Hardest Fighting Game Combos

Post by Eaglet »

崩撃雲身双虎掌 is definitely one of them.
Aka. the Stun Palm of Doom.

From the Virtua Fighter series.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Eaglet wrote:崩撃雲身双虎掌 is definitely one of them.
Aka. the Stun Palm of Doom.

From the Virtua Fighter series.
Ha! I still remember trying to do that one. It didn't go very well. I should try to revisit it.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I actually managed to pull it off in a Japanese arcade. Biggest fighting WTF moment ever for me. Couldn't believe i got it down.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

KOF XIII is a strong contender, with its miniscule frame windows on links and input-demanding HD Cancel system. While KOF XI is an even more convoluted game, it's actually quite easy to pull off many Super Cancels and Dream Cancels, so I would rank it significantly lower on this scale.

Tekken Tag 2's most advanced bound + tag combos are also way up there, and differ greatly between every combination of characters.

Advanced combos with characters like Venom, Bridget, Zappa, Zato/Eddie and Testament in the Guilty Gear series are exceptionally complex, due to the large number of projectiles, puppets and/or traps at their disposal which can be onscreen at the same time. This also goes for the Blazblue series, especially with Carl.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

From my limited experience, i'd say SF: 3rd Strike.

Isn't Guilty Gear quite lenient with combo timings? Tbh I'm probably not the best judge as I really struggle to get combos down in Blazblue.

Another contender, believe it or not is Smash Bros: Melee :mrgreen:
This is because when in hit stun you still have Directional Influence over your character, and there's several types of directional influence. This basically means no combo is truly guaranteed as a good player can use that influence to escape.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I'd agree with Pretas on KOFXIII likely having the hardest combos. The timing windows are so insanely tight, I don't think that I could ever be consistent at even more basic combos with a lot of practice :?
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

3rd for KOFXIII. Timing windows tighter than Palm's pussy and long string lengths. The upper half Trials are just "fuck that shit" territory to me. It doesn't help that it seems to be stricter on input checking (i.e. diagonals) compared to most other games.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

Guilty Gear AC+R, hands down, there's no contest here
Second i'd say 3rd strike or kof 13 (only for the retarded input buffer and unnecessarily long as fuck combos)
KAI

Post by KAI »

Any GG combo with Force Roman Cancel is hardest combo.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

What does "xx" mean in KoF notation?

Edit: I have looked it up on the kof wiki but couldn't really make sense of that either. :|
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Blinge wrote:What does "xx" mean in KoF notation?

Edit: I have looked it up on the kof wiki but couldn't really make sense of that either. :|
Probably means cancel into. Cancel the last move and then start the next one. Or do the next move quickly so it stops the last one.
Last edited by MOSQUITO FIGHTER on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

SF4 is probably trivial compared to other stuff posted here, but screw 1-frame link combos. No idea how people can do those consistently.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

Ruldra wrote:screw 1-frame link combos. No idea how people can do those consistently.
Plinking.
Such depth
Much complexity
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

mariusrhpsd wrote:
Ruldra wrote:screw 1-frame link combos. No idea how people can do those consistently.
Plinking.
Such depth
Much complexity
Still pretty fucking hard. Outside of guys like sako or desk, there aren't very many (any?) people who can execute multiple 1-frame link combos consistently.
mariusrhpsd

Post by mariusrhpsd »

brokenhalo wrote:
mariusrhpsd wrote:Plinking.
Still pretty fucking hard. Outside of guys like sako or desk, there aren't very many (any?) people who can execute multiple 1-frame link combos consistently.
It's a 2 frame window, it's fairly easy with plinking. The only thing i found tricky was superjump cancel mk into ibuki's u2, but i guess with some practice you can nail it down
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

IDK if this counts but I think cancelling a combo and then countering is some hard shit to do. Man, this video is a classic one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeM0rH_4ung
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
KindGrind

Post by KindGrind »

KOF 13, most definitely.
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
quash

Post by quash »

Fate: Unlimited Codes is pretty strict in terms of how it reads inputs. As I recall there is actually no buffer whatsoever for anything.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Anji Mito as a whole.

With the unique ability to block by attacking, and the fact that his attacks only block certain types of enemy attacks (I mean, each of his attacks corresponds to a type), Anji is the type of character that directly scales with your skill and experience.

Upon attack-blocking:

-He can counterattack immediately in case setting things up is out of the question, with air and ground versions.
-He can chain into another attack for a combo.
-Jump away or move back, plus many other confusing moves.
-Immediately link into any special move or meter-consuming move.
-Just block the attack/wait it out.

He is able to attack-block any projectile, any move, this includes any special and meter-consuming moves, as long as they aren't throws.

Add in the fact that he has an unblockable setup and actual strings and combos of his own...

You must master not only your moves, but your opponent's, and often predict his actions. You must take note of how your opponent plays and know his style. As such, I believe him to be the hardest combo character out there, simply because you cannot learn any set of actions to help you negate your opponent's attacks, it depends on who you are facing. Playing Anji as a normal character without attack-block utilization will result in a horrible disadvantage.

When playing this guy, the "combo" is your opponent. And always changing depending on who you face.
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
hien

Post by hien »

quash wrote:Fate: Unlimited Codes is pretty strict in terms of how it reads inputs. As I recall there is actually no buffer whatsoever for anything.
You can certainly buffer a lot in Fate as well, especially motions. You have to, otherwise certain combos wouldn't be possible. The problem is, that most of the combos rely on jump canceling, which is why the game probably has one the most ridiculous combo engines ever. Makes inputs unnecessarily strict and almost everything feel super unnatural.

What hasn't been mentioned yet is SF Zero 3. Some of the v-combos are insanely hard to pull off with a lot of strange timings and the input in general being really strict in that game.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

a few people wrote:KOF XIII
Personally I find 2k2 much harder to combo in than XIII.

I'm gonna have to go with strict links in general, or things like just-frames in SC. That shit is just stupid and artificially difficult imo.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Captain wrote: You must master not only your moves, but your opponent's, and often predict his actions. You must take note of how your opponent plays and know his style.
Don't mean to harsh your buzz here, but that's pretty much every fighting game and fighting game character ever lol.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I remembered this thread recently as I tried to play some Melee and KOF13.

The latter is easier to combo in, because it has true combos. For me that's discussion over.

In melee there's so many things people can do to escape your combo, influencing their direction during hitstun :shock:
ie, influence downwards, then floor-tech to roll away with Iframes when you thought you had a combo going.

https://youtu.be/mh__tawlHnc this KOF13 string is relatively easy for me.

but I try to look up melee combo "lists" for one character (falcon) using one character (Marth) - and this is what I get.

Hell. change what you do based on their damage percent and the way they're holding their analogue stick for every single hit. Or predict it.

I tried to make a form of this point earlier but it got ignored... oh it was 5 years ago jesus fuck
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I pretty much don't bother with anything requiring links these days. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm all for easier combo execution like Melty Blood, Mahvel, and BBTAG.

I'm actually a big fan of the show off pretzle inputs for bullshit moves. I played a character from Melty Blood who had one and could land it reguarly.

Ivy from soul calibur has a command grab like that too.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

^ Please teach me how to combo into V-Slasher without feeling like I'm going to destroy my stick.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ahaha to this day I haven't done a pretzel, or played a game that requires a pretzel.

Also I'm from bad teeth land, I don't think i've eaten a pretzel either.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

For shame, Blinge! Real gamers floss so they have teeth to grit after dying to Hibachi for the thirtieth time. :lol:

And any pretzel input can also be input as hcb x2 + df or even hcb x3, so it's honestly not that bad.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

https://virtuafighter.com/threads/new-v ... ars.19795/

This Jeffry Tech from Virtua Fighter 2 is top tier as hell. An option select to rule them all. Good luck mastering it though.

Here is a cool hardest playthrough with Jeffry in VF 2 as well. The tactics used in this vid might not be related to the tech described in the link though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ThcoMhDlg
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

WelshMegalodon wrote:^ Please teach me how to combo into V-Slasher without feeling like I'm going to destroy my stick.
I can't do them fast enough for combos. I can only do them from neutral, so they're kind of limited in use. More for show than for anything.