FALCOM Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
BulletMagnet

Re: FALCOM Thread

Post by BulletMagnet »

A bunch of Ys games are on sale for the weekend at the Humble Store, along with some other Japanese and Japanese-ish stuff.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Another enhanced Vita remake on the way..
KAI

Post by KAI »

SC vanilla localized fucking when!?!
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI

Post by KAI »

More Tokyo Xanadu vids:
gameplay 1
gameplay 2
looks cool, but meh.

EDIT:
TGS Trailer
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

US release of Cold Steel will have an LE available.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

More Xanadu footage.

And also this. :P
KAI

Post by KAI »

"this" is sooooooooooooooo wrong!
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Right now, what's the best version for Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC: PC or PSP?
PC localization seems to have many bugs, GOG is constantly making patches.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

PC by a million from what I've heard. They only spent ten thousand years translating it as carefully as possible :3

Oh yeah I've never encountered any bugs myself. The fact that they patch it so often shows how dedicated they are.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Squire Grooktook wrote:PC by a million from what I've heard. They only spent ten thousand years translating it as carefully as possible :3

Oh yeah I've never encountered any bugs myself. The fact that they patch it so often shows how dedicated they are.
The PSP was translated first, i think. But thanks for your reply.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

soprano1 wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:PC by a million from what I've heard. They only spent ten thousand years translating it as carefully as possible :3

The PSP was translated first, i think. But thanks for your reply.
Yeah that's what I meant. They spent much longer translating and perfecting the pc version from what I remember.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

In case you weren't aware there's also an enhanced remake coming for the Vita, if you'd rather wait for that.

EDIT: Whoops, refer to post below this one.
KAI

Post by KAI »

FC Evo came out a few months ago (SC Evo is coming out on december). Xseed isn't planning to localize it tho.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Yeah that's what I meant. They spent much longer translating and perfecting the pc version from what I remember.
Oh, that sounds good.
gct

Post by gct »

Apparently Ys: Memories of Celceta (US version) is now officially compatible with Playstation TV without any whitelist hacking. This is super news since last week I finally purchased a Vita 2000, and also picked up a PS TV since it is so damned cheap. For CAD$50 I couldn't resist any longer. An entry for Ys as a PS TV-compatible game hasn't shown up at Playstation Store yet, but I will try it out later today.

edit: Nope. Brand-new PS TV, updated to 3.55. Finally unsealed my Celceta LE, game is incompatible. At least I can still play it on my Vita, but it will have to wait until next year when I have some time to relax...

edit2: OK, I refreshed the LiveArea and was able to boot into the game. I have work to do so I only went as far as the title screen... but I think it does work now.
Last edited by gct on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

US release of Cold Steel will have an LE available.
So this is getting a retail disc release on the PS3 in the USA?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Yup, here are Gamestop's listings for both the SE and LE versions for PS3 and Vita.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Xanadu Next is coming West.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

I'd much rather them go for the Zwei titles than Xanadu Next. XN is easily my least favorite of the modern action-based Falcom titles that I've played, and neither Zwei title even has a fan localisation.

That's not to say that XN is a bad game (it certainly isn't, by any stretch of the imagination), but it's certainly not a title I feel the need to ever play again, much less buy on Steam.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

gct wrote:Apparently Ys: Memories of Celceta (US version) is now officially compatible with Playstation TV without any whitelist hacking. This is super news since last week I finally purchased a Vita 2000, and also picked up a PS TV since it is so damned cheap. For CAD$50 I couldn't resist any longer. An entry for Ys as a PS TV-compatible game hasn't shown up at Playstation Store yet, but I will try it out later today.

edit: Nope. Brand-new PS TV, updated to 3.55. Finally unsealed my Celceta LE, game is incompatible. At least I can still play it on my Vita, but it will have to wait until next year when I have some time to relax...

edit2: OK, I refreshed the LiveArea and was able to boot into the game. I have work to do so I only went as far as the title screen... but I think it does work now.
Please let us know if you manage to get Celceta working on the PS TV. I desperately want to play it but don't have a Vita, would rather pay the $30 US that a PS TV goes for nowadays...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I tested it out earlier this week and played a little ways into it with no problems on my PSTV.
gct

Post by gct »

Thanks for confirming Celceta on PSTV more thoroughly than I, BulletMagnet.

I happened to notice that Ys Seven is on a PSN flash sale for the next few hours.

I already have two hard copies somehow, but it will be nice to play this on my Vita or PSTV. $6 here in Canuckistan - not super cheap but I think it's close enough to buy again for my purpose. Lucky I had just enough credit to get that and one other cheap game.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Obscura wrote:neither Zwei title even has a fan localisation.
Maybe that's the reason, more money and work is needed from their part.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

Whens Ys 8 for ps4.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

How I wish Oath in Felghana got ported to a console.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

How many console gamers don't have a computer capable of running The Oath in Felghana?
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Thanks for confirming the PS TV compatibility BulletMagnet. I picked up Ys Seven during the sale and have been glued to by PSP since. I'll probably finish it this weekend but damn, such a sic game! I'm planning to get the rest of the Ys games on Steam when they go on sale during the holidays and will probably play Ys IV on my PCE next (yeah I know it's not cannon).

Does anybody out there think the Super Famicom Ys IV (Mask of the Sun) is worth playing?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

scrilla4rella wrote:Does anybody out there think the Super Famicom Ys IV (Mask of the Sun) is worth playing?
I do think it's worth checking out at least to see if it clicks with you, especially if you like classic Ys. I'm probably an outlier, but I actually prefer Mask of the Sun to the other iterations of Ys IV.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I have the PC release but I prefer consoles. Is that okay?