Video Game Artwork

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sumez

Re: Video Game Artwork

Post by Sumez »

Sengoku Strider wrote:The little-known predecessor to Mahou Daisakusen, Gorby no Pipeline Daiskusen, let players experience Gorbachev's fun adventures in glasnost-era Russia first-hand. Just like they were really there!
Ah, fixing pipelines across Russia. This game seems oddly topical right now.
guigui

Post by guigui »

JRPG taking a member out of your party, for the need of story or idk wtf else.

I mean come on : I'm working on getting the stats of this guy up, buying great equipment for him, spending a lot of effort and resources to make him a killing machine, and you just take him away from me ?? Where's the fun in that ? Just makes me wanna stop playing.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Onna Sanshirou: Title character kicking a motherfucker's teeth in, 1985 style :cool:

drauch

Post by drauch »

I had to really look at that. I thought the foot was hers in the bottom left and was really confused for a minute. Love it.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

I know right?! :mrgreen: Explosive yet laser-accurate violence. :cool:
guigui

Post by guigui »

Wrong topic sorry
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
BIL

CLICK 4 FULL REZ ^O^

Post by BIL »

Lately, Hamster have showcased some rad concept arts, design drafts, and so on straight from the artists themselves, for their Arcade Archiver streams. Good stuff, I wish they'd publish 'em in an ultra hi-res collection! Here's Gun Frontier and Marvel Land, from Senba-san and Tokita-san respectively:

Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Cool panoramic view of the whole roster of GG. I believe this came from Gamest magazine back in the day
BIL

Post by BIL »

Badass. Image Everyone looking instantly-recognisable! There's mah boi THE PROFESSOR with his 2way shot-enabling ballistic shades, and that slow bitch MUD PUPPY with his crazy Mad Max hair, and the Viking archer bro whose name I forget, but he's invaluable, with his long reach and high speed. Cardio matters on the battlefield! Never used FLAME KNIGHT much, but goddamn he looks cool there.

I like how the Robocop expy is somehow even more blatant, probably because he's not armoured in crimson like the sprite art. :mrgreen:

I'd never considered the common linguistic roots of "spire" / "spear," hmm. I love finding little perspectives like that in foreign-produced English.

BUSTIN MAKE ME FEEL GOOOD~ (`w´メ) (◎w◎;)

Nice vector of the wildly incongruent, undeniably retro-suave side art for SNK's Real Busting Simulator, pictured below for reference! The tagline is intriguing! Are these three guys - PAUL PATRIOT, JOHNNY JUSTICE and SAMMY STATELY - enjoying the journey of terror? Or... are YOU? :shock: All credit to Ribbon!

Man, I wish there was an ACA release. Only PS4 one I know of is on crummy-ass SNK 40th, not unplayable, but not liable to make you bust with its janky controls. I wonder if the football zombie was influenced by Day of the Dead's climactic onslaught? Brrr, helluva scene that. Come to think of it, the army zombie could stand-in for Day's tragic Bub!

---

Now lads, this "Nightmare Reaper" game might be fookin shite for all I know m8s, but its JPSN banner is quite class, nice callback to PS1 DOOM artwork. Not as good, ofc, without the baddie getting a big meaty gout blasted out his back, but I dig the parlay from BikerDOOMguy's "UNNF!! FAWK YEAAAA" pose to icy inpatient chic.

drauch

Post by drauch »

Nightmare Reaper is the tittays. Game stacks up to the killer artwork. I forgot the amount of weapons in the game (it's a ton), but it's a fresh take on fast, classic FPS action. Kind of Rogue-y (in level randomization/generation and enemies/drops) but no perma-death. Weapons all have properties/classes. At the end of each level you have a huge loadout of stuff you collected but you can only take one with you. It's like most loot fare (common, uncommon, rare, unique, etc.). It's a great pick-up-and-destroy game when you don't have much time. Feels like a rip and tear sandbox.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ahh sheeeit, I was hoping you'd weigh in Image cheers, I'll check it out! I'd nab the PS4 one right now, but as is annoyingly common, it's tricky knowing whether it's got (or will get) KB+M support. PS4 Quake launched without it, but post-patch it's been a goddamn Christmas miracle for the preteen id fan who made do with 32X Doom skulking around my head. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Man, once again, I'm browsing JPSN when I'm smacked in the face by radness, although this was less "faaack cool" and more "explosive coffee-take:"

NYAAAAAAAAA~

Now that's what I call IKARI! So I looked up the source manga:

One fateful night, a peaceful village is thrown into the flames of war. Determined to save their families captured by the Berman Army, a group of children hops aboard a giant tank, the Taranis. They make their way through the country, fighting against the Berman Army as they search for their families.

Damn! Hmm, I can see why our furry young friend is wildin! :shock:

Don't make me put my shoe up your ass, boy (`w´メ)
Spoiler

If only this was a PS1 GitS-styled tank shooter where you rolled about racking up BEEFY HITZ, fuuuck I'd jump on that. Maybe it's still rad anyway, who knows? A TRPG apparently.
SnotShot

Post by SnotShot »

Not sure if these have been posted here already but here is some cool artwork for Metal Black

Cover art to the original soundtrack:

Arcade flyer:

Some stuff for Dragon Spirit

This one kinda looks like a movie poster for a kaiju film:

While this one make it look like a more typical fantasy adventure game:

cfx

Post by cfx »

BIL wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:21 am If only this was a PS1 GitS-styled tank shooter where you rolled about racking up BEEFY HITZ, fuuuck I'd jump on that. Maybe it's still rad anyway, who knows? A TRPG apparently.
There's a demo if you have any interest, the one on the Japanese PSN plays in English too.

I really liked the battle system; however, I'm very turned off by the "furry" character designs so won't be buying the game. I thought maybe I could ignore that aspect of the game but find I cannot.
BIL

Post by BIL »

SnotShot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:28 amCover art to the original soundtrack:

Helll yeah, that's gonna be my header image for the upcoming v2.0 of my ST. Exquisite pick, straight from Senba-san himself. :cool:
cfx wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:32 am
BIL wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:21 am If only this was a PS1 GitS-styled tank shooter where you rolled about racking up BEEFY HITZ, fuuuck I'd jump on that. Maybe it's still rad anyway, who knows? A TRPG apparently.
There's a demo if you have any interest, the one on the Japanese PSN plays in English too.

I really liked the battle system; however, I'm very turned off by the "furry" character designs so won't be buying the game. I thought maybe I could ignore that aspect of the game but find I cannot.
Cheers bud! If the system can hold your interest, that's definitely of note to me. I always laugh at the occasional "Bwaaa! Delete Other Gaming/OT, it's holding back Western scores" bollocks... like fuck off you sperging twats, I'm a fuckin grown man, I know my STGs. I wanna hear what others who'd hang around this place are into! It's usually pretty rad. :cool:

Yeah, I know what you mean re: the art style. I can take or leave it tbh; if it's relatively harmless ala the Ms. Tiggywinkle and Peter Rabbit of my childhood, it doesn't register tbh. Can be charming or even moving, ala The Fox and The Hound. If it's the more uh, internet kinda stuff, yeah, it can DIAF. :lol:
SnotShot

Post by SnotShot »

Always liked this cover artwork for Street Fighter EX 2:

And this one as well:

BIL

Post by BIL »

IDGAF if the game is shite or what; The Last Apostle Puppet Show is the coolest title I've ever heard. :o Tres noir. Image
Spoiler
Forgot how super-clean Sonic Wings' / Aero Fighters' poster art is Image

JP ver
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »