What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
KindGrind

Post by KindGrind »

Replaying Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, mostly for fun/speed. New things have been discovered recently so it was time for me to try them out.
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

SSX On Tour. Fucking Awesome :D
SockPuppetHyren

Post by SockPuppetHyren »

Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden, as the translation patch was just released.
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Yay, another thread that will go on forever and that will clutter the frontpage, while containing virtually no useful information.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Been playing Left 4 Dead(360, cleared all the campaigns on expert already) and Meteos Wars
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ForceDevice wrote:Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon.
How's it compare to the first? Hopefully Atlus decides to bring it over...oh, and did you get the version with the soundtrack, or the one with the 87th revision of Nocturne?
nem

Post by nem »

Crackdown on 360. It was cheap, so I grabbed it. All this time I had thought it was some naff GTA clone (like Saints Row). Completely surprised me that it is in fact an absolutely superb balls out action game. One island down, two to go.

Mirror's Edge PS3. On the last chapter. It's such a rush when you run away from enemies, gunfire chipping away nearby walls, windows breaking. However, the combat bits that you can't avoid absolutely suck. Not only is the actual fighting awkward (I'm going for the "no guns" achievement), it just seems so out of character.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Ceph wrote:Yay, another thread that will go on forever and that will clutter the frontpage, while containing virtually no useful information.
And you're contributing to it by posting. Good job.

Once I finish Trauma Center 2, I'm going to be starting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2.
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Momijitsuki wrote:
Ceph wrote:Yay, another thread that will go on forever and that will clutter the frontpage, while containing virtually no useful information.
Postcount +1
ForceDevice

Post by ForceDevice »

BulletMagnet wrote:
How's it compare to the first? Hopefully Atlus decides to bring it over...oh, and did you get the version with the soundtrack, or the one with the 87th revision of Nocturne?
It's basically the first game with a new story, new locations, a way, WAY better battle system and lots of fanservice for longtime SMT fans.

Lots of backgrounds and character models from the first game were reused and some of the music is remixed, which makes it feel more like an expansion pack than a sequel, but the battle system was tweaked to perfection and the length of the game/amount of stuff to do is pretty decent this time around.

So far, I'm loving it. Already became my favorite entry in the Megaten franchise on the PS2, and if you liked the first one even a bit you're going to love this one. :D

(Oh, and I got the version with the soundtrack... don't want Nocturne: Atlus are Maniacs for our money, thank you. >_>)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ForceDevice wrote:a way, WAY better battle system
Sold! Come on localization!
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Valkyrie Profile 2 (awesome)and newly discovered Odin Sphere
Got it for a mere 14e in perfect condition in a second hand job aswell so im enjoying it :D

i finally need to play vp1
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

the 2 games I've been playing are Knytt Stories and anything street fighter 3.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Ceph wrote:
Momijitsuki wrote:
Postcount +1
People still care about post counts? That's so...90's.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

ForceDevice wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:
It's basically the first game with a new story, new locations, a way, WAY better battle system and lots of fanservice for longtime SMT fans.

Lots of backgrounds and character models from the first game were reused and some of the music is remixed, which makes it feel more like an expansion pack than a sequel, but the battle system was tweaked to perfection and the length of the game/amount of stuff to do is pretty decent this time around.

So far, I'm loving it. Already became my favorite entry in the Megaten franchise on the PS2, and if you liked the first one even a bit you're going to love this one. :D

(Oh, and I got the version with the soundtrack... don't want Nocturne: Atlus are Maniacs for our money, thank you. >_>)
It does seem like Atlus is basically having their final glorious moment in the sun as the PS2 comes to an end. Someone could argue they are recycling a lot, but at least with Persona 4, the upgrade (and I see it more as an upgrade than a new game) feels worthy. I haven't played Devil Summoner but I'm sure its in the same department. I would hope Atlus is storing the money away for development on a new console.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

F-Zero X.

This is the best racing game of all time.
Period.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Ghegs wrote:Last few days I've been playing nothing but Spelunky, it's a very addictive roguelike-platformer.
Whoa, this game is awesome! I'm loving it!

Any idea how to unlock the sun/moon/star/changing rooms?
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Ruldra wrote:
Ghegs wrote:Last few days I've been playing nothing but Spelunky, it's a very addictive roguelike-platformer.
Whoa, this game is awesome! I'm loving it!

Any idea how to unlock the sun/moon/star/changing rooms?
They're somehow linked to the "achievements", which you get by doing certain things a lot. I got a bronze cup over one of the doors, and I guess a gold one would open it, but no idea how that happened. There's still a lot that's a mystery to the players.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

NINJA MASTERS - PS2
Fight Like A Robot!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

CMoon wrote:Someone could argue they are recycling a lot
They are, but as you say the end result still turns out to be an improvement over the predecessor - not to mention that the games are relatively cheap in price (as long as you buy 'em on release and don't try on eBay later on, heh heh).
I haven't played Devil Summoner
If you luck out at a Gamestop or some such store it goes for 20 bucks new last time I checked - it's an odd duck to be sure, and not as much of a personal favorite as Nocturne or Persona, but still worth a shot, especially if obtained on the cheap. An improved sequel, as has been said, definitely intrigues me...
I would hope Atlus is storing the money away for development on a new console.
They've released a handful of things on the 360 (nothing on the other two non-portables except Dokapon Kingdom on the Wii), though the reviews have been largely bleh - I tried the demo for Operation Darkness and was thoroughly unimpressed. According to GameFAQs there's a PS3 SMT in the works, but of course that must be taken with a grain of salt roughly the size of Montana.
John845

Post by John845 »

Ikaru...

Oh wait.

Gunstar Heroes
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Orcs and Elves and World of Warcraft

I still play more Dodonpachi than anything else though =)
Imhotep

Post by Imhotep »

Kunoichi aka Nightshade

it's tough, I had to retry 50+ times in the later levels. But it's fun to learn to control Hibana, so I kept playing. Great game I think. Sega released some great 3d action games on the last-gen platforms.
land for man to live, sea for machine to function.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Every Extend Extra on PSP. Again. This game just captivates me, and I love, love, love its pickupability.

Plus, any game which starts to ramp up the difficulty with The Merry-Go-Round Of Death? Yeah. You betcha.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Hyper Street Fighter II.

Dear God, this game is too damn hard. I halved the difficulty from 4 to 2 and I still can't get to the second match most of the time... The original SFII wasn't so hard...
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Rezatron

Post by Rezatron »

null1024 wrote:F-Zero X.

This is the best racing game of all time.
Period.
Wipeout HD might have something to say about that ;)
FRO

Post by FRO »

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Contra Hardcorps, Legend of Dragoon and Xenosaga 2, soon will start with 3.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
TJB

Post by TJB »

IIDX 15, been playing for two and a half months now (started with DistorteD), passing most 9's and a handful of 10's.

3S, I play Necro, learning Makoto.

Not much else, I've been looking for an RPG to sink some time into but that's about it.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Pop'n Music 16, DJ MAX Technika, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 DX.