What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
null1024

What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Post by null1024 »

So, I'll start off:

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
GateofThunderforceIII

Post by GateofThunderforceIII »

Just finished Tomb Raider Underworld for the PS3 (anyone know how the PS3 and 360 versions compare first hand?). I rather liked it. I would give it an 8 at the very highest (even though there is no end of game boss).

Just started a game of No More Heroes last night. Pretty wild so far, but maybe I should have went with 360 Prince of Persia instead?
WTD
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Disgaea DS and Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2.
neist

Post by neist »

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
indstr

Post by indstr »

I'm about 10 hours into "you have to burn the rope".. Still trying to figure out this one part of it though.

Actually fuck no, that was the most retarded excuse for indie software I have ever seen in my life.

well, except for maybe Ultimuh
Image...

Which also perplexed me for days on end back in 1994.

Actually fuck no... I haven't been into much the past few weeks, kind of just messing around playing a bunch of games and trying to find something fresh. Although I have been playing a bit of Megaman Powered up on PSP in challenge mode, in my spare time, which these days is usually like 20 minutes per day. For real.

What the fuck. I appologize, apparently I have been rambling nonsensically everywhere I go tonight. I'll stop now, seriously. Maybe it's the stress
If more 2D people would go to the 2D Gaming Forum, there would be more people to talk about 2D games with other 2D fans on the tootie gaming forum. It's 2Dlicious. For real yall
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Rune Factory 2
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Damn, just about every game mentioned on this list so far is AWESOME.

I'm playing Persona 4 and Yakuza 2.

How is Rune Factory 2? How many hundreds of hours do you have to sink into that game?

Edit> BM, how far are you with Nocturne?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

GateofThunderforceIII wrote:maybe I should have went with 360 Prince of Persia instead?
Wait till it's about half price or so, then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it at full price.
BM, how far are you with Nocturne?
Currently at that big tower thing that Nihilo controls...off to the side, just managed to take down the Red Horseman by the skin of my teeth. I'm half-tempted to have someone take a snapshot of my face every time I walk into a room and the candelabra starts glowing, heh heh - it must be a sight to see.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I just beat Persona 4. I'm playing Disgaea 3 and Shiki-tei now (Japanese garden simulator).
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
gabe

Post by gabe »

I just finished Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (it was my first time playing RE4 EVAR).

Next, I'm going to start Wario Land Shake It, or Trauma Center New Blood.
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

final fantasy tactics advance 2 :wink:
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
null1024

Post by null1024 »

JoJo's Venture [and I suck at it so badly... I had to half the difficulty from 8 [max, default] to 4, and then I still could only get to the second stage...]
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
A_Civilian

Post by A_Civilian »

Same as above, except the "updated" version, Heritage for the Future.
But mostly it's just for comedy relief using the two main (story) characters.
Ozymandiaz1260

Post by Ozymandiaz1260 »

City of Heroes and Spore.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

A few days ago I was playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin...maybe I should go back to it.
indstr wrote:I'm about 10 hours into "you have to burn the rope".. Still trying to figure out this one part of it though.
Try burning the rope :wink:
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Going back and forth with Fallout and Shining Tears, while feeling like I should get back to playing Legend of Wukong.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Mass Effect
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Persona 4
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

I finished Code: Veronica a few days ago and am making my way through Nemesis. You can skip door animations on the PC version! I kept walking through doors at first solely to skip them.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

CMoon wrote:How is Rune Factory 2? How many hundreds of hours do you have to sink into that game?
It's really great. It is definitely a time sink, and very addicting. I've been playing pretty much nonstop for the last couple days.
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

Ozymandiaz1260 wrote:City of Heroes
That game is still up and running? I used to play it quite a lot a few years back, my first and last encounter with MMORPGs.

I'm playing Odin Sphere at the moment. Great game! Reminds me a lot of princess crown, but looks a lot nicer.
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Ruldra wrote:A few days ago I was playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin...maybe I should go back to it.
indstr wrote:I'm about 10 hours into "you have to burn the rope".. Still trying to figure out this one part of it though.
I played that and was absolutely paranoid that actually doing what it told me to do would result in immediate and catastrophic death. >_>
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

EO2 and Y2
Last edited by P_HAT on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteevTee

Post by SteevTee »

Baja: Edge of Control and Left 4 Dead
GamerTag: TrevorMcFurr

"If she makes it, she should be a perfectly normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."
indstr

Post by indstr »

Ruldra wrote:A few days ago I was playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin...maybe I should go back to it.
Oh my god!!!!

:oops:

What the fuck!

What have I done with my life????? :cry:
If more 2D people would go to the 2D Gaming Forum, there would be more people to talk about 2D games with other 2D fans on the tootie gaming forum. It's 2Dlicious. For real yall
ForceDevice

Post by ForceDevice »

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon.
maxlords

Post by maxlords »

Tomb Raider Underworld (360)
Time Hollow (DS)
<@scootnet> if you were a real gamer, you could jerk it to Super Metroid box art
mufunyo

Post by mufunyo »

Tetris The Grand Master 3: Terror-Instinct.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Last few days I've been playing nothing but Spelunky, it's a very addictive roguelike-platformer. From the mouth of the developer:
Derek Yu wrote:Probably the easiest way to describe Spelunky is that its (kind of) like La Mulana meets Nethack - every time you play the levels, items, monsters, and so forth, are all procedurally-generated. And the terrain is destructible and there are quite a few ways in which the various game elements can interact with one another.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos