The Genshin Impact Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

The Genshin Impact Thread

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Feel free to discuss hints, info and news about this game.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
EmperorIng

Re: The Genshin Impact Thread

Post by EmperorIng »

I hear it is the most popular game amongst shmup enthusiasts.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

why did i ever even play this
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I love this thread.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I printed this thread out, and wiped my ass with it. :cool:

NOW I HAVE GONORRHOEA IN MY ASSHOLE Image Image
guigui

Post by guigui »

I dont know anythiIng about the game, except that it has some ads on big TV channels here in France.
Is there somethkng wrong with it ? Looks like yet another modern FF clone to me.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

guigui wrote:I dont know anythiIng about the game, except that it has some ads on big TV channels here in France.
Is there somethkng wrong with it ? Looks like yet another modern FF clone to me.
It's nothing like FF really. It tries to be Breath of the Wild which is already a fail in my book. The game is an open world gacha. For a free game, on the surface, it's impressive because the world is as good as any of these other games sharing that space...take that for what you will. It has a fun elemental system where mixing elements do physically different effects making for fairly explosive combat.

If that at all sounds interesting ignore it because the rest of the game sucks. You play as any combination of generic, same faced, shota and loli characters listening to terrible dialogue that has nothing to do with anything. All questing consists of talking to one idiot, mashing through their unskippable dialogue, going to another idiot, mashing through theirs, only to go to another idiot to mash through THEIR dialogue. Then 3 enemies randomly pop up. You kill them, talk some more, watch a shitty anime cutscene and the quest is over.

Repeat these steps around 70 times and congrats! You've made no progress!
Shockingly, the gacha elements, as bad as they are, aren't even the game's real problem. Just as a game, it straight up isn't fun to play. You really do only talk to people when trying to advance the "story". The world is pretty, but it's bland. The bosses are neat, but they get old as you repeatedly fight the same handful constantly to grind for equipment and materials. It's just a dull, cynical, droning experience. Another game you have to treat as a job.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I dropped the game a while ago. I haven't played any gacha anything in a while. 8)
I really would probably still play it if general combat wasn't like 80% a slog. Basic enemies take too many hits when you're not massively outpacing the world level. All of the world bosses are a total slog, so upgrading things is a slog.
By phone game standards, it's extremely ambitious and pretty, but it really just isn't that fun to play for that long.

it doesn't even give you that "woah, press X to awesome" feeling like Mihoyo's previous game, Honkai Impact -- that game is a ridiculously basic beat-em-up with a slowdown mode after dodges, but fuck it, you feel like a god damn ninja even though you're basically just mashing attack and then dodging past the glowing AOE boxes right before the enemy hits you
in contrast, all the hits in Genshin feel like whacking a heavy, damp bag of something, the only time I'm ever really happy fighting is when something explodes

The element system is a bit neat, but I ended up just settling on sending out Fischl's bird, then setting everything on fire, and I'd have the lightning and fire mix, and doing anything interesting was less effective.
Very occasionally, I'd have enemies that didn't take well to being set on fire or being electrocuted, but I could usually just combine either the fire or the electricity with a different element and although I hadn't leveled up as much any of the characters who don't, I'd manage.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Damn this thread had a pretty big impact on me ol' genshins

dunno if i can father children now.
but that's okay i'm sure some other little brats can eat up CCP content
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Can you still get Aloy?
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]