shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:49 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:16 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus, get some ice on that.

How is Tekken a joke, looks cool to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:18 pm 

xorthen wrote:
Are fighting games even fun anymore? I am kind of burnt out on them. The last decent one was ultimate mvc3. SF5 was just meh. Guilty Gear is too weird looking for me. And MK is just violence crap. Tekken is a sort of joke. Virtual Fighter is good but technical and requires lots of practice.

Yeah I played the shit out of SF IV, but V blows for many reasons. Like the main mechanics.

Hopefully 6 fixes the crush counter system, by getting rid of it. Also half the cast is shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:29 pm 

xorthen wrote:
Guilty Gear is too weird looking for me.

Better brace yourself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:23 am 

Kai descended from the Accent Core+R heaven (Argentina) recently so he could give myself and my main GG buddy a right whalloping.

It was brutal man :cry:

ky kiske deez nuts

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:54 pm 

xorthen wrote:
Are fighting games even fun anymore? I am kind of burnt out on them. The last decent one was ultimate mvc3. SF5 was just meh. Guilty Gear is too weird looking for me. And MK is just violence crap. Tekken is a sort of joke. Virtual Fighter is good but technical and requires lots of practice.

I dunno, MK11 at least looks like it has a decent story mode. Given that most of my FTG playing would either be single-player, or a bunch of buds dicking around after a few beers, it might fit the bill for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:45 am 

I've been enjoying Guilty Gear Strive.

They're definitely doing something, uhhhhhh, different with the damage. Basic hit confirms can deal like 60-80% damage, though due to the ranges and abare involved a lot of pokes and stray hits don't lead into that damage while still doing heavy chunks. It's like they took the damage scaling of a 3 person marvel style fighter and applied it to a 1 on 1 game, but without Marvels easy abare/confirm-full-combos-from-anything style.

Time will tell whether it ultimately ends up being a dumb fucking party game or something truly lasting. Notably I'm having a good time learning it and a lot of my friends (even non-fighter friends) are getting into it (though that's partially due to the GGPO support).

xorthen wrote:

Guilty Gear is good and not weird at all you normie!!!!

Most recent game I've enjoyed besides that is Granblue Fantasy Versus (fantasy themed weapon fighter with an oldschool grounded footsies driven approach). Sadly hampered by lack of netcode. Blazblue Cross Tag is a good answer to Marvels brand of silliness and jank. Under Night is also great, as is a few of the more obscure poverty games like Nitroplus Blasters and Arcana Heart.

I still also play ye old fighters on netplay too every now and then. Vampire Savior, Marvel 2, etc.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcG6ZHE0Df8

Cooperation Cup 3rd Strike First to 10 part 2 : Electric boogaloo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:37 pm 

AW HECK YEAH

SNK entering into partnership with exA-Arcadia. Samurai Shodown V Perfect will be the first official Arcade port (and its first time in arcades). exA to publish many other SNK games on their Arcade system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHolyKXAmZc

If exA could find a way to get that hardware down to consumer pricing, that would be pretty cool. KoF XV seems like it would be a shoo-in for an arcade release, if the platform can do it justice.

But other post-Neo Geo, post-Atomiswave SNK titles which never saw the arcade like KoF XI, KoF XIII, the two Ultimate Match titles ('98 & 2002), SNK Heroines & SamSho 2019 would fit the bill.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 am 

I like how ASW buffed everyone in Strive. Yeah, there were a few things nerfed [man, I already miss May's far slash, that was a nice "man, thinking is hard, let me just space this the tiniest bit and bam, done, ez, maybe I'll dolphin or 6P if I'm feeling feisty" button], but every balance decision seems to have been made to encourage players to have more options, make more decisions, and be more aggressive.

I really can't wait until I can get my main computer fixed so I can play properly, bleh.
I can't really go online because of performance issues on my laptop -- nothing like a fight starting at full speed, and then thermal throttling dropping things down to sub-50fps [providing a miserable experience for both players].
This thing is ancient, and has no business running Strive, so I can't blame it for running badly [this is with the potato mod installed], but it comes so tantalizingly close to playable.

Guess I'll go play 02UM or something in the meantime, haha.
Playing Xrd against a friend a week ago reminded me that delay netcode is trash -- yeah, rollback is a pain to implement because no one designs their game to be able to jump to arbitrary states unless they know they're implementing rollback [or the game is running in an emulator, which supports that just by virtue of emulators usually being designed to take savestates, which makes 80% or so of the work be already done], but being unable to actually react to things because you suddenly had the delay go from 2f to 6f [or worse!] is unfathomably awful. I'll take 10 frames "oh, he teleported" rollback over that any day of the week.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51