shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:36 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: RayCrisis (AC,PSX,PC,iOS)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:39 pm 

Are we supposed to be destroyed?
Goompaolo9500-DNX-5710290-WR-03-21-37%-B [B-,B-,C+]-62%-Normal iOS

Anyways, Merry Christmas, Shmups Forum!

You never see the last of me on being interested to shmups yet...

Last edited by Goompaolo9500 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:40 pm 

Wow, what image editing software do you use? It almost looks like in real life.

My highscores | Twitter

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 am 

Plasmo wrote:
Wow, what image editing software do you use? It almost looks like in real life.

I used PowerPoint.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:44 pm 

Goompaolo9500 wrote:

See more details below:

Sorry for the reply, new year celebrations and all. So happy new year all! Updated the rankings, good luck on getting that good ending!... I don't think I've even seen it yet. :roll:

三十六計走為上策

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 am 

Carmen wrote:
Goompaolo9500 wrote:

See more details below:

Sorry for the reply, new year celebrations and all. So happy new year all! Updated the rankings, good luck on getting that good ending!... I don't think I've even seen it yet. :roll:

Good ending? This may be hard for some of you but beating the final boss without any lives lost (Lives is still 3(2)) will lead to encountering Infinity. That ought to be a good ending chance. I saw some longplays about that. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:14 am 

Goompaolo9500-DNX-6,069,820-WR-03-0-6%-B [C+,B,A]-61%-Normal iOS
Great. I got a game over when encountering Infinity. At least that was an experience. Also, based on my experience, experiencing the TLB is possible by completing the stages without losing lives except during DisHuman battle.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm 

Updated! I never got to Infinity back then, I think the furthest I got was ALMOST beating Dishuman. Also I tried playing this game tonight on a whim... have entirely forgotten how to play :roll: I almost wonder with the WR-02R if it's better to just avoid getting lock-on upgrades in order to use the hyper laser more often. Also how to unlock the R-Greys again? Beating Special Mode didn't do the trick...

三十六計走為上策

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:13 pm 

Carmen wrote:
Updated! I never got to Infinity back then, I think the furthest I got was ALMOST beating Dishuman. Also I tried playing this game tonight on a whim... have entirely forgotten how to play :roll: I almost wonder with the WR-02R if it's better to just avoid getting lock-on upgrades in order to use the hyper laser more often. Also how to unlock the R-Greys again? Beating Special Mode didn't do the trick...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/370862-rayc ... ion/cheats
Beat it in Original Mode.
Special Mode is different.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:09 am 

Been a long time lurker of this thread. It's one of my goals to finally 1cc this game since I love it so much, so I might as well post a progress update.
Granted I think there may be a little too much info to keep track of on the scoreboard. It's very intimidating!

EmperorIng - E-C - 3,482,400 - WR-01R - 12 - 33 - C+ [B- , C+ , - ] - 49% - Normal PSX

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RayCrisis (AC,PS1,PC,iOS)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 am 

Welcome aboard! Great to see interest is still strong in this game in 2020! I'm also thinking of picking up this game again soon, maybe I'll get to 1cc it myself one day (maybe :roll: ). Look forward to your new scores!

三十六計走為上策

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:34 am 

Thanks for being diligent towards this topic all these years! Your work has not gone unappreciated. You'll surely get that 1cc if you put in the time. :D

I myself just got a new personal best, reaching Con-Human for the first time! (that I can remember, that is)
I choked as soon as the music picked up in though. Hopefully I'll make it back again!

EmperorIng - E-C - 4,568,620 - WR-01R - 6 - 43 - C+ [B , C+ , C ] - 49% - Normal PSX

Something pretty awesome happened in one of my runs. I had managed to get Encroachment down on Memory, lower than I ever had at the beginning of the stage (right after the first big carrier comes in). Then afterward, whole different enemy formations, which I never experienced, started coming! I was used to that section when Encroachment was 20% or higher, but below that it gave me a real surprise! It's so fun to have the game still surprise me after all these years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:40 pm 

Ahh sorry, been a busy couple of weeks. Good job on the improvement! Look forward to your upcoming scores :mrgreen:

Heh, I remember Con-Human being a beast. In fact, I don't think I ever got past it in Arcade mode. There was an attack with layered laser bursts that always got me. At least, that's what I remember from some ten years ago...

Yes the encroachment system is indeed very interesting, gives this game even more variety than it already has! Not only do you have the stages which differ depending on which order they are in, but then the patterns and enemies will be completely altered depending on encroachment, it's really quite amazing! I can't think of many other shooters which have a similar mechanic.

三十六計走為上策

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 am 

There was a recent Japanese shmup event on Twitch that featured several runs of RayCrisis (you can find those runs here). They were a great deal of fun to watch and it inspired me to dust off the ps1 copy and get a new PB! I died just as I triggered Dis-Human's second phase. I just wish I didn't fuck up and got to push myself a little farther, but a personal best is a best!

EmperorIng - E-C - 5,046,220 - WR-01R - 10 - 46 - B- [B , B- , C ] - 55% - Normal PSX

You see that? Died right during the first phase's death animation! What a bummer. Still, feels good to go back to this game!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 am 

Double post, but this is exciting, because I managed my first-ever clear of Special Mode! I had choked a lot to Infinity many times years past, but all my arcade practice made me want to give a shot at this with my 'improved' skills. Luckily I cleared on my last life. I was sure I was a goner. What a great arrange mode. Awesome color palette, new tunes, new enemy placements make it feel drastically different from arcade. It also has extends which gives it more of a forgiving edge than the Arcade mode.

EmperorIng - E-C - 67,946,940 - WR-01R - 0.0000 - 67 - n/a - 1 - Normal PSX

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:20 am 

Hey, sorry for the late reply; nice stuff! Congrats on the Special Mode clear! Yeah, it is a very fun addition and it's great to see Taito wanted to show home users some love when porting the game over :D I'm sure you'll be able to improve on your scores before long! I need to get back into this game too... been too long!

三十六計走為上策

Offline Profile