Re: Community Records

Post by Kino »

Minor correction:
Meriscan wrote: Rayforce / Layer Section Image

Randorama - 8,310,000 - ALL
Top score should actually be

Code: Select all

Jaimers - 8,011,400 - ALL
Rando's 8.3M score was called into question years ago, and subsequently removed.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Kino wrote:Minor correction:

Rando's 8.3M score was called into question years ago, and subsequently removed.
Thanks a lot for the correction!
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Top Scores November 2021

Chaos Field (Normal - Ifumi) - 102,924,500 - M.Knight

Dangun Feveron (Type B) - 13,474,822 - Lethe

Detana!! TwinBee - 2,762,050 - ReFKey02

Final Star Force - 1,637,760 - tinotormed

Kyukyoku Tiger (JP) - 3,644,860 - CppShooter

Mahou Keibitai Gun Hohki / Mystic Riders (Gun Hohki Version) - 1,808,500 - third_strike

Shikigami no Shiro (Sayo) - 4,493,967,850 (57,271 coins) - M.Knight

Storm Blade - 4,125,200 (AV-8B) - winteR

Tiger Heli - 9,999,990 - ZPS

Late post. Mystic Riders and Final Star Force were added to the list. Not sure why they weren't in here before.
I'm aware of Erppo's Espgaluda II score and BOS' Dragon Blaze score, but they posted those in december, so I'll add them at the end of the month.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll make the list before the end of the year* :wink:

*for something that isn't Skull Fang
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

EmperorIng wrote:Maybe if I'm lucky I'll make the list before the end of the year* :wink:

*for something that isn't Skull Fang
I believe the real solution here is to get more Skull Fang competition.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I was surprised to discover I had a fairly low Raiden Fighters score listed here, where I didn't realize 100,000K medal mode was a thing at the time. Surely the other ships must be workable over simply using Slave or Judge Spear all the time. :(
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

Meriscan wrote: Kyukyoku Tiger (JP) - 3,644,860 - CppShooter
https://twitter.com/CppShooter/status/1 ... 8341670913
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Thanks for showing this, but I only add scores that are submitted to a forum thread or are posted to Restart Syndrome. When he updates his score, I'll add it to the thread. He already submitted a score earlier this month, so he'll presumably update it when he's done with the game.
https://www.restartsyndrome.com/board.p ... e%20-%20JP

Congrats on the Same1P clear btw!
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

I only add scores that are submitted to a forum thread or are posted to Restart Syndrome.
That's a smart way to do it. Otherwise it gets too arbitrary where you draw the line of a community score.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Top Scores December 2021

Cho Jiku Yosai Macross II (Expert) - 4,488,740 - Project A-Ko

Detana!! TwinBee - 3,407,900 - ReFKey02

Dragon Blaze (Ian) - 3,237,500 - BOS

Dragon Blaze (Quaid) - 3,297,600 - BOS

ESPGaluda II (Ageha) - 838,515,910 - Erppo

Halley's Comet - 9,999,990 - BareKnuckleRoo

Mahou Keibitai Gun Hohki / Mystic Riders (Gun Hohki Version) - 1,876,400 - third_strike

Psyvariar Revision - 115,454,600 (Lvl. 360) - maximo

R-Type Leo (Rev. D) - 5,471,850 - Third_strike

Ryu Jin - 2,061,280 - Third_strike

Soukyugurentai (Swordfish) - 29,948,261 - DMC

Storm Blade - 4,242,580 (AV-8B) - winteR

Xexex - 3,451,700 - Zerst

This month was just one insane achievement after the other. Some of which that sadly aren't listed here because they aren't high scores or arcade versions (ex. Plasmo's DP HK 2-ALL, MauCast Raiden IV Overkill 2-ALL). But I'm extremely impressed with everybody's achievements.
I've also sadly been incredibly busy, so hopefully I didn't miss any. Please let me know if I did! And a happy new year everyone!
Last edited by Meriscan on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

I had better scores at Ryu Jin. R-type Leo have higher scores from me and NMS.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

third_strike wrote:I had better scores at Ryu Jin. R-type Leo have higher scores from me and NMS.
They've been added. Congrats on your scores!
RadiantAnsel

Post by RadiantAnsel »

Can I post my current Darius Extra (Z') score? I have a one much bigger one, but I rather get it first on the leaderboards for more autenticity!

9,470,690 - PS4

Also making some other misc stuff (need to participate here more, I know haha)

XIIStag (mame) - 6,462,430

Trouble Witches (All Steam)
AC Doki Doki: 30,755,679 (Sies F. Tinydraem)

Score Attack 2min: 41,862,940 (PeroPero)
Score Attack 5min: 89,360,720 (PeroPero)

Walpurgis: 125,966,250 (Louis Lendyke)

Origin Raku Raku: 70,897,260 (Aqua Seap Seal)
Origin Doki Doki: 78,659,980 (Louis Lendyke)
No fails are allowed.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

RadiantAnsel wrote:Can I post my current Darius Extra (Z') score? I have a one much bigger one, but I rather get it first on the leaderboards for more autenticity!

9,470,690 - PS4

<scores>
I'd like to add your scores, but the requirements for having them added here are that they have to be posted on either the score thread on this forum, or on the game's Restart Syndrome page. This makes it possible for me to try and keep up with everything that's being posted.

Also, do all of these Trouble Witches versions have a corrosponding arcade version? This thread is only for shmup (versions) that have an arcade release. So no arranges, since those would be nigh impossible to keep up with, and have significantly less players. If they do though, I'll add them to the thread ASAP.

These are really great scores. If you've posted them on either a thread or RS, I'll include them as soon as i can.
RadiantAnsel

Post by RadiantAnsel »

Meriscan wrote:
RadiantAnsel wrote:Can I post my current Darius Extra (Z') score? I have a one much bigger one, but I rather get it first on the leaderboards for more autenticity!

9,470,690 - PS4

<scores>
I'd like to add your scores, but the requirements for having them added here are that they have to be posted on either the score thread on this forum, or on the game's Restart Syndrome page. This makes it possible for me to try and keep up with everything that's being posted.

Also, do all of these Trouble Witches versions have a corrosponding arcade version? This thread is only for shmup (versions) that have an arcade release. So no arranges, since those would be nigh impossible to keep up with, and have significantly less players. If they do though, I'll add them to the thread ASAP.

These are really great scores. If you've posted them on either a thread or RS, I'll include them as soon as i can.
Done! I haven't used the forum in a while, but might as well come back with a lot of the funny circumstances happening in lots of places, either way
Uploaded the scores for XIIStag and Darius Extra in the respective threads

Trouble Witches will only be valid on the "AC" scores in that regard (And only "Doki Doki" and "Gero Gero" scores should be valid, since those are the only 2 included in the Arcade version), completely valid, every other mode is port-only or such
No fails are allowed.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

RadiantAnsel wrote:Done! I haven't used the forum in a while, but might as well come back with a lot of the funny circumstances happening in lots of places, either way

Trouble Witches will only be valid on the "AC" scores in that regard (And only "Doki Doki" and "Gero Gero" scores should be valid, since those are the only 2 included in the Arcade version), completely valid, every other mode is port-only or such
Updated. And thanks for the info on Trouble Witches. Too bad there isn't a thread yet that I can easily reference, but now I know what to look for.
RadiantAnsel

Post by RadiantAnsel »

Meriscan wrote:
RadiantAnsel wrote:Done! I haven't used the forum in a while, but might as well come back with a lot of the funny circumstances happening in lots of places, either way

Updated. And thanks for the info on Trouble Witches. Too bad there isn't a thread yet that I can easily reference, but now I know what to look for.
I think there is one but I don't think it has been updated in so long, so lemme get to make one whenever I get out of my job, and will try to update it as much as I can!
No fails are allowed.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Top Scores January 2022

Darius Gaiden (Zone V') - 11,830,700 - Rastan78 (ACFJOUV')

Detana!! TwinBee - 3,532,700 - ReFKey02

FixEight (H. Young) - 1,135,030 - NMS

Psyvariar Revision - 121,962,100 (Lvl. 372) - maximo

Sengoku Ace (Tengai) - 1,818,400 - Third_strike

Shikigami no Shiro 2 (Fumiko O.V.) - 3,857,958,680 - Mishi

Sonic Wings - 1,283,500 - PEG
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Top Scores February 2022

Air Gallet - 10,728,290 - Meriscan

Batsugun (Type C) - 16,407,660 - penny

Chaos Field (Normal - Ifumi) - 144,880,570 - M.Knight

Ketsui (A Type - Ura) - 599,790,551 - Moglar5k

Kiki KaiKai - 867,700 - EmperorIng

Out Zone - 9,999,999 (Stage 9-4) - NMS

Mushihimesama (Ultra - Autofire OFF) - 828,551,953 - Kiwi

Soukyugurentai (Swordfish) - 32,319,972 - DMC

Strikers 1945 (Bf-109) - 1,908,400 - Meriscan

If anyone's confused by moglar's score here, the rule of the thread is that scores are listed in the month that they've been posted on Restart Syndrome or in a score thread. Moglar posted his score this month, so that's why it's here. I'm also aware of Erppo's Strania score, but he hasn't submitted it anywhere (yet).
Last edited by Meriscan on Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Great scores by yourself and DMC (right under the wire, too!). Crazy to think that all these years later a community member finally cracked the 30 million range in Souky.

Hope you don't mind my pointing out my recent contribution :wink: :

Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

EmperorIng wrote:Hope you don't mind my pointing out my recent contribution :wink: :

Very sorry about that one. Updated!
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Plasmo posted this in the Out Zone thread, and I think it's a really solid idea:
What normally happens in case of a counterstop at least over in Japan is that the run that reaches the counterstop earlier is considered to be better as you have to do riskier things and score well as opposed to just play it super safe and get the max score later on. Oftentimes higher loops are a simple repetition and survival doesn't pose a further challenge. Scoring, however, always increases difficulty. This way you also get way more interesting 1st loops and not simple survival runs which keeps counterstop challenges more engaging. This is particularly true in the case of Out Zone with all its neat little scoring secrets.

Therefore, it ultimately becomes somewhat of a speedrun challenge who can reach the counterstop first. I personally consider maximo's score to be the best since he reaches the counterstop already in stage 6-6 showing off many interesting scoring techniques and secrets.
Hopefully this encourages people to really 'beat' other people's scores, rather than match them by playing for survival for long enough.

I'll still list every player who has achieved a counterstop, but I'll rank them by how fast they were able to get the counterstop. It will also show how long they survived, so people who prefer that metric can still see it as well.

Example for Out Zone would look something like this:

Out Zone Image

9,999,999, Achieved by
- Jaimers - CS at 6-4 - 7-4
- maximo - CS at 6-6 - 7-1
- NMS - CS at 8-4 - 9-4

Thoughts?
NMS

Post by NMS »

Seems fair to me as I wrote in the Out Zone thread.

However I never thought about it but now I'm wondering: should older infinitely looping games also be treated like this regarding the common 10M+alpha goal? Since the issue is the same and 10M points seemed to be the "target" goal. For example the original Tatsujin or Hishouzame have several community 10M+ scores and I think they all ended with the player killing their runs after reaching a threshold (or right after finishing the loop where they got the 10M like Vludi's Tatsujin run), which takes around 4 hours to do. Once you can do 3-4 loops in these games, you can spend the whole day on them. There isn't much to scoring, but you can still find ways to score a bit more by using less bombs (and in Tatsujin's case, going out of your way to collect excess items) and therefore reach the 10M goal earlier.
Although significantly high scores should probably deserve a special mention (like SFKhoa's Vimana 76M score).

On an unrelated note, I have some remarks about Dogyuun!!

- Some of the games in the list have infinites and you make a note for it. Dogyuun has several infinites, I think it should be noted (from the look of it, none of the scores used the infinites, but just for the info). It's super easy to do
- You're linking to the old Perikles thread while there's a new one (new thread is here, giving the link so you don't have to track it down)
- JP and overseas should be separated, overseas is noticeably easier. Bullet speed gets high very quickly in the JP version (compare a european replay in stage 4 to a JP replay in stage 4, it's already pretty fast in the latter). maximo corrected this in the new thread.

Kyuukyoku Tiger also has an infinite while I think about it. Not really well known but apparently it exists and I just remembered it.
Last edited by NMS on Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

However I never thought about it but now I'm wondering: should older infinitely looping games also be treated like this?
This is how it should be. I wrote about at the end of the previous records thread that it was a shame that scoreboards would be "closed" when someone got a counterstop, as it discourages others from going for the counterstop or by trying to achieve the counterstop earlier. There's some games such as Halley's Comet where the counterstop will be eventually reached, but how well you score influences how soon you'll get it (in HC's case, low scoring means you'll get it in loop 3 as I have on my Youtube recording, but high scoring can make it counterstop at about halfway on the final stage of loop 2 like I did the first time I counterstopped it live at a game meet where it wasn't being recorded).

I think recording the stage the counterstop was achieved as well as how far the player gets for infinitely looping games is the best of both worlds. People who don't necessarily want to play an infinite looping game forever can aim for counterstopping the game as early as possible, and we can still record how far someone gets for counterstops that play far longer after getting the counterstop.
NMS

Post by NMS »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:

However I never thought about it but now I'm wondering: should older infinitely looping games also be treated like this?
This is how it should be. I wrote about at the end of the previous records thread that it was a shame that scoreboards would be "closed" when someone got a counterstop, as it discourages others from going for the counterstop or by trying to achieve the counterstop earlier. There's some games such as Halley's Comet where the counterstop will be eventually reached, but how well you score influences how soon you'll get it (in HC's case, low scoring means you'll get it in loop 3 as I have on my Youtube recording, but high scoring can make it counterstop at about halfway on the final stage of loop 2 like I did the first time I counterstopped it live at a game meet where it wasn't being recorded).

I think recording the stage the counterstop was achieved as well as how far the player gets for infinitely looping games is the best of both worlds. People who don't necessarily want to play an infinite looping game forever can aim for counterstopping the game as early as possible, and we can still record how far someone gets for counterstops that play far longer after getting the counterstop.
I agree, my comment wasn't clear (I edited it after seeing your message), but I was referring to games which only counterstop after an absurd amount of time (like Hishouzame takes ~40 hours to get the 99.9M counterstop), but for which 10M is a common and approachable goal, with most people just ending their runs there even if the score increases after that (most Toaplan games, Gradius...). Because once you reach 10M you're skilled enough to play for days, but higher scores only reflect how many loops you can endure. It's the same problem as counterstops and seeing how many loops the person would do.

To use Hishouzame's example again (since this one really shows the issue and I'm confident about the numbers), it stops getting harder in loop 4 and 10M points already takes around 18 loops (roughly 4 hours). At this point it's only an endurance test.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Top Scores March 2022

Air Gallet - 11,019,170 - Meriscan

Armed Police Batrider (Advance Course - Team Edit) - L,464,160 - ERM

Armed Police Batrider (Advance Course - Solo - Maria) - F,780,570 - ERM

Donpachi (Type C) - 70,072,730 - Plasmo

Final Star Force - 1,638,760 - tinotormed

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Normal) - 16,190,520 - Erppo

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Hard) - 17,500,750 - Erppo

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Expert) - 17,277,360 - Erppo

Space Bomber (Ver B) - 10,398,400 - BOS

Xevious - 710,450 (2-16, Auto OFF) - SPM
Last edited by Meriscan on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Nice! :)
Just a small addendum, my latest Bat-score is an ALL-11.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Eaglet wrote:Nice! :)
Just a small addendum, my latest Bat-score is an ALL-11.
Whoops. Forgot to edit that part. Thanks for the correction!
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Making a small update for the categories in Armed Police Batrider. Since last year there've been some notable Advanced Solo scores for certain characters. So instead of lumping them all together under "Advanced Mode - Solo", I've decided to split them. However, before I add any character, they must have a score of at least 12 million points. Otherwise the board will get cluttered very quickly. And 12 million is not too difficult to get, but you do need to put in some effort to get it.

And I've thinking of doing something similar with other games. For example, adding categories for Battle Bakraid, for each ship that's reached 50+ million. If anyone thinks of other games that should have something similar to this, then I'll add them too.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Meriscan wrote:Top Scores March 2022

Air Gallet - 11,019,170 - Meriscan

Armed Police Batrider (Advance Course - Team Edit) - L,464,160 - ERM

Armed Police Batrider (Advance Course - Solo - Maria) - F,780,570 - ERM

Donpachi (Type C) - 70,072,730 - Plasmo

Final Star Force - 1,638,760 - tinotormed

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Normal) - 16,190,520 - Erppo

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Hard) - 17,500,750 - Erppo

Seisou Kouki Strania (Side Vower - Expert) - 17,277,360 - Erppo

Space Bomber (Ver B) - 10,398,400 - BOS

Xevious - 710,450 (2-16, Auto OFF) - SPM
Thanks for the update, but my score in Final Star Force stands at 1,651,800 :)
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!