Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores

Best Girl?

Sonay
6%
Selma
29%
Ece
18%
Nur
18%
Lale
18%
Ode
12%

Total votes: 17

EmperorIng

Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

Post by EmperorIng »

Herr Schatten wrote:Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,893,045,750 - All - Switch

No-miss get!
I think I may have hit my skill ceiling here. My boss kills were far from optimal, only 25/31 were at x8, but I'm not sure doing better there could push me beyond the 3 billion mark.

Congratulations on the no-miss man!

With a ceiling, it's probably more of a case that you have to rethink your routes, considering your many (excellent!) clears have had pretty marginal gains over the last few weeks.

More than likely you are
-using fairies at unoptimal times
-not milking as much of the bosses as you can (especially Lale's ghosts, which you should milk until well past overtime) - you can also kind of milk selma's orb phase
-not nearly collecting enough coins at x8.
-not using your bombs for speedkill bonuses

It's not enough to kill enemies at x8, collecting coins at x8 is a HUGE part of your score, so you want to hug bullets as they come in.

Study your footage (or others'), and think about how you are going about to get as many x8 kills and x8 collections as you can.

Also for the final boss, Seytan, during his second phase, start as far to the left as you can manage, as this will push his destructible orbs right in the path of your familiar, for optimal grabbing. The highest score with Sonay is over 4 billion, so you know you have some opportunities you are missing out on.

Also I think that I should have the leaderboards fixed now. :oops:
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

EmperorIng wrote:More than likely you are
-using fairies at unoptimal times
-not milking as much of the bosses as you can (especially Lale's ghosts, which you should milk until well past overtime) - you can also kind of milk selma's orb phase
-not nearly collecting enough coins at x8.
-not using your bombs for speedkill bonuses

It's not enough to kill enemies at x8, collecting coins at x8 is a HUGE part of your score, so you want to hug bullets as they come in.
Thanks for the hints.

I think my general routes and use of fairies are pretty solid, if I compare them to runs by others. I will definitely pay more attention to that coin collecting, though. I have a few spots in mind where that might not be optimal.

What I'm definitely guilty of is too little milking and not using bombs for speedkills. All my scores were done with minimal milking involved. The only spots I milk are the first form of the first midboss and the crystals of Sonay's second phase. I still tend to lose my nerves with Lale and bomb through her second and third phase, thus missing out on that delicious ghost spam. I also bomb through Yashin's second phase, and Seytan's first and third one .. Apart from that, I usually just bomb the third phase of each boss to get that x16 destruction.

There's one spot in stage 5 where I have to bomb more often than not. Near the end of the stage, just before the second fairy, theres a sequence with a lot of bullets flying all over the place. First little round ones, then needles, then rings. It's the rings that are giving me problems. Sometimes I manage to squeeze through, but I haven't found a place where a gap opens up consistently yet. If I have to bomb there, I'm missing out on a whole bunch of popcorn enemies I could easily kill at x8.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Nice progress Schatten! It really looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into this gradual score increase.
I feel like there might be one thing (or more) you are missing out on (like the coin collection as mentionned by Ing perhaps) since my own 3bil run was more or less "casual" and I did very little milking, and also died multiple times.

If you are bomb spamming, maybe it's not getting the final Summon-kill that creates the difference too. Sonay's bomb is powerful so i imagine you can quickly weaken the boss form and then retreat at the last moment as to finish off the phase with Summon immediately afterwards
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

M.Knight wrote:If you are bomb spamming, maybe it's not getting the final Summon-kill that creates the difference too. Sonay's bomb is powerful so i imagine you can quickly weaken the boss form and then retreat at the last moment as to finish off the phase with Summon immediately afterwards
Nah, that's something I'm doing already. Use the bomb to bring down the boss's health and reveal the fairy, then deal the finishing blow with the shikigami at x16.

I re-watched your replay and interestingly, you don't do things much differently from me. In fact, in stages 1, 2 and 5 our scores aren't much apart either, but your performance in stages 3 and 4 is a lot tighter than mine. I think I will practice those two stages some more, and see if I can make some more progress.

EDIT: I've analyzed you replay in-depth and compared to my own performance. Apparently, it's stage 3 where I don't seem to quite have found the best route yet. Compared to your run, I usually come up about 160 K short, and I lose score all over the place, not just in some key spot. Stages 4 and 5 are largely fine.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,986,895,430 - All - Switch

*sigh* So close. Without dying 5 times (twice at the last boss), this probably would have been above 3 billion easily. Still, this bumps me up into the top 5 of the online ranking for Sonay. Practicing the earlier stages some more definitely paid off.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Whoa you're veeery close now :shock:
Glad my run was helpful too!
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,995,451,570 - All - Switch

*facepalm* You've got to be fucking kidding me.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Oh my fucking god lmao
That reminds me of my similar 2.99999bil scores on Shiki 1 a while ago :lol:

The next score improvement gotta be a 3bil...right?
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

M.Knight wrote:The next score improvement gotta be a 3bil...right?
You‘d think! Instead…

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,998,075,940 - All - Switch
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Do you roughly know what your per-stage score splits are? That would be a good way of judging where you are falling short. A few tricks early on can help you avoid the almost-there moments of the last few runs.

Here are some comparisons with my vid (narcissistic I know) and the current Wr holder HomerunAkai

Sonay - Ing - Akai
Stage1 - 507m - 598m
Stage2 - 1.14b - 1.3b
Stage3 - 1.93b - 2.2b
Stage4 - 2.64b - 3.07b
Stage5 - 3.52b - 4.1b

Almost there! I'll refrain from updating this thread until you knock it out of the park :wink:
My highest before I got 3.5b was 2.9, so don't give up yet.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

EmperorIng wrote:Do you roughly know what your per-stage score splits are? That would be a good way of judging where you are falling short.
Of course it varies a bit from run to run, but it goes roughly like this:

Stage 1 - 390m
Stage 2 - 900m
Stage 3 - 1.55b
Stage 4 - 2.20b
Stage 5 - 2.95b

(Remember that this is done with next to no milking.)

I really do hope that I can make the 3 billion before the end of the week, as I plan on jumping straight into Shiki 2 afterwards.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,999,988,090 - All - Switch

Lol, this is getting kind of ridiculous.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Gotta start milkin' them ghosts bro
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Holy fucking shit :lol: :lol:
I hope you'll get the 3bil but in the meantime I'm dying of laughter at how absurd the scores are getting lmao
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 3,012,915,450 - All - Switch - Image

Well, that victory was hard-earned. Out of the three deaths, two were stupid mistakes, but one I blame on input lag. I swear my bomb button did not react. Had this been a no-miss, I think I could have reached 3.1 billion.

Still, I'm quite happy with what I have achieved. The game kept me entertained for far longer than I initially expected. Once I started playing for score it sucked my right in. It will make my next top 25 for sure. I'm going to give it some rest for now. Maybe I'll return later for playing hard mode or normal with a different character.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations! :D
What a journey that was hahaha.
And good reminder for the top 25, I think it probably deserves a spot in mine too. It's hard not to want to go for score in this game, and the quick pacing of the levels keeps you focused and entertained. Definitely a cool shmup.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

To battle the frustration that I won't be playing Shiki II on my Switch anytime soon, I decided to play a casual credit of Sisters Royale, and was rewarded with a beauty of a run. Again, I had two unfortunate (and unnecessary) deaths, but the result is pretty good nonetheless. I'm quite happy with my 31/31 boss kills at x8, too.

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 3,146,604,120 - All - Switch - Image
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 3,175,672,550 - All - Switch - Image

An *almost* perfect no-miss run.

I had to bomb at Seytan's first phase after I maneuvered myself into a corner, which cost me my perfect x8 boss destruction quota. Could I have beaten NTSC-J's score otherwise? I don't know, but I think it's possible. How many points is a boss phase worth?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Well done!
And you also beat my score, nice!

By comparing the score values in my recording, it seems like Saytan phase 1 is worth 32 mil if you kill it at x8 (so 4 mil base) + 240 coins (so 30 base) which are worth 19.200.000 points if you get them all at x8 too. I don't remember if bomb kills give score in this game or not (in 3 they don't, but in other Shiki games they should) and if the coin count is multiplied or not.

So yeah you could have probably beaten his score there :shock:
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Several gazillion restarts later...

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 3,231,549,480 - All - Switch - Image

The perfect run still eluded me, as I died once and accidentally killed the fifth midboss a split second too early, but it's enough to bump me up to first place in the Switch version's online leaderboard for Sonay.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm sorry it took so long to update the thread, but more so I am sorry I never properly congratulated you on finally breaking 3 billion! This is a pretty great score you've managed to pull off Herr, so feel proud of that! GG on dethroning NTSC-J's switch score as well. :wink:

It has been enjoyable watching your slow and steady progress in the game over the course of the last few months. I'm glad it ended on a high note.
G3n3raL86

Post by G3n3raL86 »

Got the game on PS4 couple of days ago, beaten it on Easy and Normal and it's damn fun (Lale best waifu), question tho, it seems that i cannot register my scores when i'm pressing the "Upload" or "Upload All" buttons and clearly i got some good scores as far as i've compared them to the online leaderboards...
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

As far as I know, the upload button has never worked for me, or rather, I do not understand its function. I set the online scores to be uploaded, i think in the options menu and it automatically puts my new best there each time.

And please share! Lale needs love, and plenty of it.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

EmperorIng wrote:As far as I know, the upload button has never worked for me, or rather, I do not understand its function. I set the online scores to be uploaded, i think in the options menu and it automatically puts my new best there each time.

And please share! Lale needs love, and plenty of it.
Same here. Manual upload never worked, automatic did. And yes, please share. It's great to see new players get sucked into this, and Lale is an interesting choice.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Normal - Nur
M.Knight - 4,251,081,480 - ALL - PC (Steam)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-aCu-cioY

New PB done during practice for Score Art Online S2. I get a few more points by milking more but I'm still very far from the top level scores.
G3n3raL86

Post by G3n3raL86 »

Still can't seem to upload my score. For example, my highest is with Nur on Easy (263.612.920, Rank E) and it's not registered, i should be placed 33th right now on the Nur leaderboards, unless i'm missing something. Maybe it's necessary to 1CC the game in order to register?

And yeah, i'm not a pro or anything, lol.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

do you have your options set to automatically upload your scores? That's the key, you CANNOT manually upload them, that function doesn't really seem to work. You do not need to 1cc the game to have your scores uploaded, checking through this topic should be proof enough :mrgreen:

I also recommend trying out Normal if you can, the jump between Normal and Easy isn't that huge, as the most significant change is that bosses and midbosses get an extra health bar chunk (3 phases instead of 2). You should be able to persevere!

Hard though, that does shake things up (in a fun and sometimes frustrating way!).
G3n3raL86

Post by G3n3raL86 »

EmperorIng wrote:do you have your options set to automatically upload your scores? That's the key, you CANNOT manually upload them, that function doesn't really seem to work. You do not need to 1cc the game to have your scores uploaded, checking through this topic should be proof enough :mrgreen:

I also recommend trying out Normal if you can, the jump between Normal and Easy isn't that huge, as the most significant change is that bosses and midbosses get an extra health bar chunk (3 phases instead of 2). You should be able to persevere!

Hard though, that does shake things up (in a fun and sometimes frustrating way!).
I checked the options and there's no "Upload Automatically" thingy... Will double check again.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hard - Nur
M.Knight - 4,979,238,820 - ALL - PC (Steam)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZFaMeOo-CI

Finally properly tackled and cleared Hard. Revenge bullets there are not really my cup of tea but the treasure chests are fun and you get a bunch of extends, so it worked out
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks for the post, it finally forced me to start to update the tables to the new format, which took FOREVER, I will get to the individual boards later. I sort of regret giving myself all this extra work :cry: I still have all my other score threads, too...

Nicely done!