Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator (PC)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
EmperorIng

Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator (PC)

Post by EmperorIng »

"If God had meant man to fly, He would have given us wings!"
General Wiki page

Note: the stages, enemies, and routes you take through the game are dependent on how you play, who you defeat (whether safely, or mercilessly!), and so on. There are 18 different endings. I do not know all of the details.
INTERMEDIATE
RANK PLAYER SCORE STAGE ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO

ADVANCED

NOVICE
1 EmperorIng 1,160,955 4 image
The Basics of Scoring (taken from TVTropes, of all places):
Destroying enemies with your missiles will start a combo meter similarly to QP Shooting, but rather than a gradual score bonus, this game instead uses a score mutliplayer that raises from x1 to x16, and the multiplayer lowers if you don't shoot down enemies with your missiles.
Note that it also appears that your multiplier winds down over time on its own, if you aren't doing anything. You really are meant to keep up a steady rate of destruction. Your missiles refill from coins. You get coins from destroying enemies. You get more coins from killing enemies with missiles. Rake in the gold!

I know it's a little cute to have scores for all three difficulties, but I encourage all skill types to try out the game.

Post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

MODE
Name - Score - Stage - [url=]link[/url]
[/size]

Link is for video or snapshot taken of your final score. It is optional but encouraged.
Last edited by EmperorIng on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EmperorIng

Re: Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator (PC)

Post by EmperorIng »

NOVICE
EmperorIng - 983,659 - 4 - image

Yikes! Really messed up my score tally for stage 3. The first two I got 4/5 star rankings, but stage 3 I only got a one-star. My fragile ego can't handle the game berating me so.

I am a little too aggressive flying around using missiles and chasing coins; it's probably not totally necessary to rack up a big score, but I'm still learning. Having a lot of fun as I switch between Novice and Intermediate (haven't tried Advanced yet).
Last edited by EmperorIng on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Re: Flying Red Barrel - The Diary of a Little Aviator (PC)

Post by EmperorIng »

NOVICE
EmperorIng - 1,160,955 - 4 - image

Some improvements, scorewise, and a little further into stage 4.