PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:44 am 

ROCK ON AND ROLL OUT!

GD: Scoring Thread
General Topic A || General Topic B [Switch]

ORIGINAL

CASUAL

NOVICE

EXPERT

No thread for this? Absurd. Come on, guys!

Mebius presents a slick indie with a variety of difficulty modes, Cave-esque bullet curtains, and a point-blanking focused scoring/medaling system.
Master your hypers and the rank system to go for the TLB! I will add a table for the new mode, Over Power, as it becomes available.

TLB Requirements:
Novice/Casual: 1CC the game up to the St6 boss
Original/Expert: 1CC the game up to the St6 boss while maintaining a rank of lvl16 or higher

How is rank achieved?
You advance 1 rank for every 10,000 medals gained in Hyper Mode.
Autobomb: -1 to rank
Bomb: -2 to rank
Die: -3 to rank

I'm not going to discriminate as to what mode you play. They're all there so you might as well use them right?

Post scores in this format:
Code:
MODE
Name - Score - Stage - Ship - Platform - [url=]link[/url]

Link is for video or snapshot taken of your final score. It is optional but encouraged.

For Stage, use what is given at the score screen (e.g. T. BOSS, TRUE ALL, etc.).

Last edited by EmperorIng on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:32 am, edited 8 times in total.

Online Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rolling Gunner / Over Power [Mebius - Switch/PC]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 am 

NOVICE
EmperorIng - 191,953,630 - TRUE ALL - RA - Switch - link

CASUAL
EmperorIng - 135,070,940 - T. BOSS - RA - Switch - link

Probably shouldn't be too long for a Casual clear. Don't be afraid of the name; it's still pretty tough.

This tho
Spoiler: show

This is a heartbreaker. Done on my morning commute (don't laugh; I have an hour train ride :wink: ).

Last edited by EmperorIng on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:10 pm 

Original
CSF - 1,328,743,570 - 6 Boss - RS - PC

I so rarely get to sit down with this but every time I do I seem to improve. Which hopefully means my next session will be a clear!

replay

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm 

Nice job on our first Original score post! And a good one, too! It makes me wonder if there is an easy way to upload replays via the Switch. I wonder if they are stored on the SD card or something. But then how would you play them back? Just thinking out loud.

I was practicing Original briefly yesterday, and while I still didn't beat stage 3, I did get a new best score.
Practicing Casual made me get to the TLB again, and improve my score by 40 million. If I didn't blow my chance at the extra 1up at the stage 4 midboss, I am sure I would have gotten the clear.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:49 am 

True ALL! The TLB is really damn tough; I feel like I got lucky. Doubly so since this run had several stupid deaths and/or cancel miscues. Can I do Original, too? I still haven't beaten stage 3...

EmperorIng - 177,830,700 - TRUE ALL - RX - Switch - link

Last edited by EmperorIng on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rolling Gunner / Over Power [Mebius - PC/Switch]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 pm 

Scores I'm not happy with (pc ver 1.20):

Novice Mode
BareKnuckleRoo & 220,351,190 & TRUE ALL & RS & PC

Ashamed of this one, I somehow managed to die on the TLB by getting hit repeatedly by easy stuff, argh.

-

Casual Mode
BareKnuckleRoo & 221,842,810 & TRUE ALL & RS & PC

It's a clear, might go back and try to improve it.

-

Original Mode
BareKnuckleRoo & 1,645,795,820 & TBOSS & RS & PC

I was working on improving a 1.2 billion ALL clear and suddenly I got good enough to trigger the TLB and now I can't feel satisfied unless I clear the TLB. ;w;

-

Expert Mode
BareKnuckleRoo & 625,303,890 & Stage 6 & RS & PC

Somehow I limped my way into Stage 6.

-

Note that the game ranking screen uses MBOSS, BOSS, TBOSS, ALL, and TRUE ALL to identify dying during a midboss of a stage, the boss, the stage 6 tlb, a 1cc with the normal ending (no tlb) or the true ending (tlb cleared).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 pm 

Thanks for posting so many! I'm sure the TRUE ALL is not far away for you. That Original score is mighty fine indeed!

I tried Original, again, and still died before reaching the 3 boss, again. About ready to give up. :oops:

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Note that the game ranking screen uses MBOSS, BOSS, TBOSS, ALL, and TRUE ALL to identify dying during a midboss of a stage, the boss, the stage 6 tlb, a 1cc with the normal ending (no tlb) or the true ending (tlb cleared).

This point is well-taken; I've removed my own stage categories and would rather have people use just what's on the ranking screen for stage/boss, rather than make up my own terms.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:48 am 

Unfortunately, a TLB clear in Original feels like it's far away. I've been streaming Rolling Gunner and it's nothing but repeated restarts. Beating the TLB basically requires getting to the final boss with 4 extra lives stocked and some bombs, if not all 5 lives. The Original TLB is way harder due to its speed being affected by rank, and generally being much faster and dense than Casual... Have been half tempted to purposefully drop rank and get a better score that's just an ALL clear but that feels somehow too weak willed. I'm so close, I just need a full run where no major mistakes happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:07 pm 

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
I've been streaming Rolling Gunner and it's nothing but repeated restarts.

I feel this so much. Full runs followed by half an hour of restarting because I took three hits in stage two.

I think the rank messes me up more than I had appreciated at first - stages and bosses go from "OK, this is an easy one" to "why did you take three of my lives?" as my score goes up. There is no good reason I'm not capable of no missing maybe up to the stage 6 boss but I definitely am not. I'm probably a fairly distracted player, and mistakes often cascade due to survival being routed around having a hyper for certain parts.

Anyway, after probably 6 hours of grinding this weekend I've finally taken out the stage 6 boss on Original. I think three runs ended when I made it up to the final two cancelling ships in stage 6 with a life and three bombs in stock, only to autobomb to the stage enemy. This time I avoided it and thus nabbed the "clear." TLB's opening attack seemed fairly manageable with macrododging but I ate a bullet and it ended my run. Could have been 1.8B if I'd held together long enough for a cancel. Oh well. I don't feel up to a TLB clear now so I'll put it aside and wait for my copy of Over Power to arrive.

pic / replay

Original
CSF & 1,762,827,350 & TBOSS & RS & PC

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:32 am 

is Over Power a separate expansion, or is it DLC you apply to the game? I guess that is what it will be for the Switch but I'm not sure about the PC version.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm 

CStarFlare wrote:
Original
CSF - 1,328,743,570 - 6 Boss - RS - PC

I so rarely get to sit down with this but every time I do I seem to improve. Which hopefully means my next session will be a clear!

replay

Me too. I also rarely get to sit down with this... But I hope next session will also be much clear) :wink:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:14 pm 

EmperorIng wrote:
is Over Power a separate expansion, or is it DLC you apply to the game? I guess that is what it will be for the Switch but I'm not sure about the PC version.

I don’t know yet. I do think it requires the original game though so probably the latter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm 

It's a patch that updates the base game, that's why you need the original game to play it. It changes two things:

1) It adds Over Power Version as a separate menu option to the main game (you swap between Over Power Version and Original Version menus, each one has its own menu).

2) It adds the option to both versions to play with either the original or the new arrange soundtrack.

Offline Profile