Armed Police Unit Gallop (Cosmic Cop)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Armed Police Unit Gallop (Cosmic Cop)

Post by Despatche »

Code: Select all

NAME - SCORE - AREA - TIME - AUTOFIRE - DETAILS
DETAILS is for what model of console and release of cart/disc, or what emulator and version. There's supposed to be an M81 version somewhere.

Code: Select all

1. Third_strike - 999,999 - ALL - 09'36"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (Japan)
 2. Kino         - 873,210 - ALL - 05'17"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (World)
Last edited by Despatche on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Perikles

Re: Armed Police Unit Gallop / Cosmic Cop

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 553,960 - 2-C - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (Gallop)

Video

Very clean first loop without deaths (only fly in the ointment is the second boss who refrained to die in its first cycle which cost me a few points), second loop was a massacre as expected. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to defeat the 2-4/2-D boss, that would-be Riot (2-3 boss) is also extremely dangerous. I don't get the impression this game was designed around the second loop, I'd love to see a 2-ALL video, though.

While it took me a while to warm up to Gallop, I now think it ain't that bad. I'm still piqued that safespots have a nasty tendency to not work for some inexplicable reason (which is a detriment in a game this strict), but it has a lot of positive qualities, too.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Forgot about the TIME field, added.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 769,560 - ALL - 07'11''00 - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2 (Japan)

Video

And thus, the final subsequent loop in an Irem game is cleared... Was quite a bit easier than expected once I studied every single section of the game. Of course I had to lose two lives to the usual second loop antics, but everything critical went perfect, I'm quite happy with how this turned out. It was also great to figure these things out, as is customary with Irem, especially since there is no real loop 2 footage on either YT or Nico as far as I know.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Last edited by Kino on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Kino - 606,830 - 2-C - 06'40"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (World)

Not bad for it being only my second time seeing loop 2. Stage 3 boss (reprise) is quite the wall, I get eaten alive there at the end. I'm liking this one enough to try and stick it out for the full clear, but there's other Irem stuff I wanted to get around to... we'll see.

Oh yeah, have this.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Third_strike - 999,999 - 2-E - 07'23"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (Japan)

Coincidentally I have been playing this game for the past few weeks. After an intense study I could understand well how this game works. This sunday is my wedding day then I will can't play it in next weeks but I will return finish it. About this run, a small error in the last stage screwed everything up.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Kino - 802,580 - 2-E - 09'07"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (World)
Spoiler
third_strike wrote:Coincidentally I have been playing this game for the past few weeks. After an intense study I could understand well how this game works. This sunday is my wedding day then I will can't play it in next weeks but I will return finish it. About this run, a small error in the last stage screwed everything up.
Would love to see you do a video of this (after the honeymoon, obvs :lol: ), seeing as how no counterstop footage exists. We don't even have a 2-ALL anymore since the walking thesaurus deleted his channel...
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Kino wrote: Would love to see you do a video of this (after the honeymoon, obvs :lol: ), seeing as how no counterstop footage exists. We don't even have a 2-ALL anymore since the walking thesaurus deleted his channel...
Take it: https://youtu.be/L39ZBUR9FS0
Third_strike - 999,999 - ALL - 09'36''00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (Japan)

Small mistakes in some places but overall good run. Using this strategies I believe which anyone can all this game, even counterstop. First loop is Mathu and M.I. in steroids. In second I was wild and peacefull. I whatched Perikles's run (thanks to EmperorIng), but it was worthy nothing, because the guy keeps doing crazy dodges the whole run and play in a hard way :-/
Only for note, I have a INP where I do over 600,000 in first loop, but I die in 2nd loop. And another where I counterstop after 4th boss in 2nd loop but die in last stage.

I don't have the patience to write my name before a run :D
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Never thought this game can be counterstopped, insane achievement man!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Very thanks man!!!
I knew which it could be counterstopped, because of The STG Hall of Records, my biggest question was how, since the game seems just impossible. I looked for various forms of abuse or any secret technique in the game which allowed this, but I couldn't find anything. So I started thinking that I would have a chance if I could make the game easier and believe in the extreme.. For lucky, even if R-11B Peace Maker be a giant ass ship, yours movements precision is clockwork's like.
Kino

Post by Kino »

third_strike wrote:Take it: https://youtu.be/L39ZBUR9FS0
Great stuff, 'grats on the counterstop, man! Definitely pinching some of those loop 2 strats. :mrgreen:

I CS'd it via savestates myself a couple weeks ago, but your methods look way cleaner; I didn't hit the mark until the final boss was killed. Had no idea about the safe spot on the stage 4 boss, or taking advantage of the enemy limit at the start of stage 2-3... should come in handy when/if I come back to this.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Kino wrote: Had no idea about the safe spot on the stage 4 boss
It only works at full rank (full powered ship). The last thing which I found in the game.
Kino wrote: taking advantage of the enemy limit at the start of stage 2-3
This is one of best parts of replay to me, I am really scared of entire 2-3 stage mainly the first two segments.

Kino

Post by Kino »

Kino - 873,210 - ALL - 05'17"00 - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2 (World)
Replay

Took a while to re-learn this one, but it was worth it. 8)

Might come back for the counterstop at some point, we'll see.