marus

Re: Blue Revolver

Post by marus »

Normal
marus-MPO - 114,963,460 - All - Mae/Power/Hyper Laser - Image
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Game has been updated to v1.1. Added a VERSION field.

I don't think noting Steam or itch.io will be necessary, but you can if you want.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Parallel
Zaarock - 54,961,240 - 5 Boss - Val/Wide/Cluster [v1.02]
vod
clippa

Post by clippa »

Hyper
clippa - 54,975,930 - 5 - Val/power/arc caster [v1.02]
screenshot
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Parallel
Zaarock - 67,254,350 - 5 - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile [v1.02]

4 deaths on st4, get a grip please
btw 8.5mil Stage 1(no bomb)
marus

Post by marus »

Nice videos Zaarock. I didn't realize you can capitalize on the multiplier with the Cluster Missile without actually starting the chain timer. That gives the shot type a lot more flexibility than I originally thought it had.
marus

Post by marus »

Parallel
marus-MPO - 119,997,050 - 5 - Mae/Power/Hyper Laser [v1.02] - Image

I came into the last boss with a little over 116 million, but with only one extra life in stock. A 1CC like that wouldn't be impossible but more realistically I need 2 extra lives at minimum, or I should at least be closer to the next extend. 150 million isn't looking so impossible now though.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Nice one. I hope more people try going for score so we can understand the potential of each weapon. I get the feeling it'll take me a long time to figure out good routes for the missile.
Last edited by Zaarock on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Parallel [v1.02]
Zaarock - 95,728,630 - 5 - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile - Video

After getting to st5 boss with no lives reached TLB & died to second to last pattern. Why is wide so bad on st5 boss & TLB
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Parallel [v1.02]
Zaarock - 112,827,110 - ALL - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile - Image

OK run. Video capture died mid stage 5, welp. Might as well improve the score anyway.
9.2M stage 1
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Just got the game

Normal
-S.L- - 59,395,620 - ALL - Val/power/arc caster [v1.02]

When I see the higher score, I wonder what am I missing here ? got most of the Break things, is the score gets higher if you don't die, or rank stays high ?
Also I can't get the stage 2 mid boss break... What's the trick ?? :|

Great game ! :D
marus

Post by marus »

Zaarock wrote:Parallel [v1.02]
Zaarock - 112,827,110 - ALL - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile - Image

OK run. Video capture died mid stage 5, welp. Might as well improve the score anyway.
Congrats on the clear! I hope you can get a video capture at some point. I'm really interested in seeing what a route with Cluster Missile looks like.
-S.L- wrote:When I see the higher score, I wonder what am I missing here ? got most of the Break things, is the score gets higher if you don't die, or rank stays high ?
Also I can't get the stage 2 mid boss break... What's the trick ??
Most of your score just comes from taking advantage of the special weapon to kill enemies at x64. In general, larger enemies are worth more points so you'll want to kill smaller enemies with your main shot to build up your chain, and then when your chain maxes out use the special weapon to cash in on the larger enemies. The Breaks bonuses are less valuable in comparison, so I'd focus on finding a good route to maximize the amount of enemies you can x64 before worrying too much about those.

The STG Weekly episode offers a good primer on how to play the game for score (the run they show is for Parallel mode but most of the routes and strategies still apply to the Normal and Hyper modes). Also shameless plug but my run has some commentary which explains the basics as well - it's more optimized for survival over scoring but you can still get an idea of the game basics and how you want to develop a route.
marus

Post by marus »

Parallel
marus-MPO - 140,884,550 - 5 - Mae/Power/Hyper Laser - v1.02 - Image

Fuuuuck me. I died on the 2nd-to-last pattern of the TLB. Same story as last time - I came into the last boss with 115mil and 1 extra life. I ended up losing a lot of bombs and lives to the stage 4 boss - if not for that I probably would have had enough resources to cleared. At least I'm getting closer though.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

woaaaa, nice one, and thanx for the tips :D
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

so little improvement:

-S.L- - 63,381,600 - ALL - Mae/Power /Hyper Laser [v1.02]

still not quite sure with my route or which ship to use...
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

up!

-S.L- - 67,824,230 - ALL - Mae/Power /Hyper Laser [v1.02]
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

sorry for the triple posting :oops:

I really like the game, to me it has that feeling when I played Crimzon Clover (Doujin edition).
By that I mean it's a great game, but it really miss that extra thing to be a HIT.

I don't know if the developers of the game read this topic, but if they can ever have the same treatment as CC World Ignition, it would be fantastic, as to me the lack of HD makes it really hard to see what's going on screen. The pixel art is a great idea but not really optimized for our new generation screen, and I'm pretty sure that many players wouldn't even bother playing it because of that.

Some pattern are really harsh in colors compared to the background or even some elements of the decoration that fly around makes it really difficult to read properly. This is the downside of this game which I think is excellent !

So this game MUST be released on Nesica with a retouch (visual and gameplay), because it has a huge potential.

My two cents :wink:
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

If scaled properly, which this game does, pixels will look about the same on an UltraWide as they do on some early-'00s CRT.

There's been craze for pixel art and "retro" games for years now. Blue Revolver has done a lot better now than it would have ten years ago.

HD would be a pain. Crimzon Clover could do it easily because that game uses 3D models.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Despatche wrote:If scaled properly, which this game does, pixels will look about the same on an UltraWide as they do on some early-'00s CRT.
how do you archive such thing Despatche ?
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Parallel [v1.02]
Zaarock - 117,829,290 - ALL - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile - Video

Final bosses went real bad but luckily I'm not using suicides much.
Pjoxt

Post by Pjoxt »

Normal
Pjoxt - 58,574,980 - ALL - Val/Power/Arc Caster [1.02]

Fun game. Easy 1cc on normal mode, just as I like em, lets you focus on learning the scoring. Need to get used to bombing manually in hyper mode tho, I've just been using the bombs as additional 1-ups in normal mode .__.
marus

Post by marus »

Zaarock wrote:Parallel [v1.02]
Zaarock - 117,829,290 - ALL - Val/Wide/Cluster Missile - Video

Final bosses went real bad but luckily I'm not using suicides much.
Nice video! The Cluster Missile seems like a fun shot type - it looks like you need to be really strict with where to place the missiles but once you get the hang of that you have a lot of room to move around and dodge. It seems like the lower damage output starts to hurt it more in stage 5 though, once enemies start to get more health.
marus

Post by marus »

Parallel
marus-MPO - 154,068,180 - ALL - Mae/Power/Hyper Laser [1.02] - Video

Woo, I finally broke 150 million! I messed up a few chains in stage 5, and I ended up missing two of the more valuable Break bonuses (the 1st Break in stage 4, and the TLB 3rd phase Break). I think with perfect execution I could get around 7 or 8 more million using this route. If I was comfortable coming into the last boss with less lives then I could certainly spend more bombs in places too, but I don't know if I trust my execution and patience that much.

For the time being I'm ready to take a break from this game. I want to grind out another score once the leaderboards patch comes out though.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

fantastic job !! 8)
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

UP !

-S.L- - 71,406,080 - ALL - Mae/Power /Hyper Laser [v1.02]
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

marus wrote:Parallel
marus-MPO - 154,068,180 - ALL - Mae/Power/Hyper Laser [1.02] - Video

Woo, I finally broke 150 million! I messed up a few chains in stage 5, and I ended up missing two of the more valuable Break bonuses (the 1st Break in stage 4, and the TLB 3rd phase Break). I think with perfect execution I could get around 7 or 8 more million using this route. If I was comfortable coming into the last boss with less lives then I could certainly spend more bombs in places too, but I don't know if I trust my execution and patience that much.

For the time being I'm ready to take a break from this game. I want to grind out another score once the leaderboards patch comes out though.
Really solid run! Some of those routes are super clever, awesome to see you overtake jaimers. BTW it's possible to X64 "FILIBUSTER MK5" on ST5 boss by chaining the destructible projectiles, guess thats why the break is there.

re: Cluster. The damage output isnt that weak since you can have up to three explosions active at once and shoot at the same time. It just becomes more and more tricky to use (but fun at the same time).
marus

Post by marus »

Oh, I actually didn't know that you could x64 that phase. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that out next time.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

such a good run !
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

another up !

but that won't make me second anyway :?

-S.L- - 74,478,160 - ALL - Mae/Power /Hyper Laser [v1.02]

marus

Post by marus »

Nice improvement -S.L-!

Also Despatche, not to complain but I should be moved up a spot on the Parallel board now.