A-JAX [Arcade]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

A-JAX [Arcade]

Post by Perikles »

Also spelled in some other ways (A JAX, Ajax etc.), the European release is apparently known as Typhoon. I like to think of it as "Dimension Force (AC)". :mrgreen:

Was a bit shocked that Konami did this one to be frank. It's not the worst game ever, but it follows the textbook routine of bad game design. To name a few examples:

- The collision detection is outrageous when it comes to homing missiles. This seems to be a common theme in games where you control a chopper.

- Getting the power-up you want can be aggravating, too. The carriers spawn in different locations depending on your position on the screen, and the power-ups cycle way too fast. This makes checkpoint recoveries harder than they need to be.

- Options don't carry over to the next stage.

- There are some hidden enemies (most notably ground enemies in stage 4 that are somewhere in a pitch-black hole) that are merely there to fool you the first time. They're just a nuisance, not a real threat, which feels somewhat childish.

- The fourth boss has unavoidable patterns from time to time.

And so on and so forth. I will say, though, that I enjoyed the rail stages! Nice 'n easy, that's how I like them. :o Recoveries are also possible as you can see in my run, although not easy. It took me longer to beat the game than expected, although it's far, far away from Trigon's exceeding difficulty, that's for sure.

Anyway, please provide the following information when posting scores:

Name - Score - Stage - Autofire - Version

I don't know whether or not there are differences between the versions, but we might as well keep track of them. I can also add boards for those home computer adaptations if someone wants me to.

Code: Select all

Name           Score    Stage    Autofire    Version     
1. Perikles       932,200    ALL       Yes       A-JAX (J) 
Last edited by Perikles on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perikles

Re: A-JAX [Arcade]

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 932,200 - ALL - Yes - A-JAX (J)

Video

Looks like you're on the table as well, Shepardus! :mrgreen: This game also openly admits that it's evil! :shock:

tognirob

Re: A-JAX [Arcade]

Post by tognirob »

tognirob - 776,600 - ALL - autofire on - A-JAX (J)

Replay