Cosmo Gang: The Video [Arcade/SFC]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

Cosmo Gang: The Video [Arcade/SFC]

Post by Perikles »

You guys better believe I create a thread after clearing this unscrupulous killer that stabs you in the back with a candy-crusted dagger. Image It might look like a cake-walk at first, but wait until you get to the later stages. You can go from four or five lives to nothing in the matter of one or two gangs, chain deaths are frighteningly common. The last few stages are simply evil, and so is that ridiculous final boss.

As with quite a few other fixed verticals, this one has a fairly deep, interesting scoring system. Unfortunately, some of it revolves around a bonus game I hate with a passion. :lol: You also get a multiplier for destroying enemies when picking up appropriate icons and there's a substantial bonus at the end of the game for the remaining lives. Lots of room for improvement.

The SFC version is not nearly as deadly. It has less stages (28 plus the final boss instead of 32 plus the final boss) which are also shorter (meaning that your score will also be a lot smaller); enemy aggression is toned down a lot; the final boss is not nearly as much of a threat here. The fire balls of the harpy creatures have an awkward homing capacity, though. And the game also features my favourite aspect of any 16-bit shooter ever: no autofire. All four buttons are mapped to regular fire, 'cause why not? So get ready to mash buttons all the way to the end - it's especially aggravating in this game since it's bad enough with autofire when enemies just slam into you...

Here's the submission format:

Platform - (Difficulty in case you want to play on non-default settings)
Name - Score - Stage - Autofire

Arcade

Code: Select all

Name          Score     Stage   Autofire       
1. Perikles    12,393,970   ALL      Yes  
SFC

Code: Select all

Name          Score     Stage   Autofire       
1. Perikles    16,688,190   ALL       Yes  
Last edited by Perikles on Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perikles

Re: Cosmo Gang: The Video [Arcade/SFC]

Post by Perikles »

Arcade

Perikles - 12,393,970 - ALL - Yes

Video

SFC

Perikles - 5,851,560 - ALL - No
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

My niece credit fed the whole game. I couldn't believe how hard it gets in the later levels.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

SFC

Perikles - 16,688,190 - ALL - Yes

Revisited this one recently with some external autofire capabilities, surprisingly got a 1LC with a decent score! I'm still horrible at the bonus rounds, it's unlikely that'll ever change, unfortunately, thus, I'm certainly content with this result.