Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Squire Grooktook

Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Hey guys, I wonder what happens if we try to push rank past three hundre-dear god

Score Entry Format:

Code: Select all

Name - Score - Stage
Ship* - Starting Rank* - Highest Rank*
Fields marked with an Asterisk are optional, since the game doesn't keep track of them, and I don't expect everyone to remember or watch their replays to confirm.

High Scores:

1. KAI - 13,017,670 - ALL
01- 00 - 2XX (AAAB)

2. CSF - 10,270,700 - ALL-V
01 - 176 - ?

3. Zaarock - 10,131,260 - ALL
04 - 0 - ?
(BBBB)

4. Shepardus - 9,649,330 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 342
Total rank: 794
Route: A-A-A-B

5. Pjoxt - 9,151,770 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 230ish
(AAAB)

6. Sean_A - 8,698,140 - ALL
1 - 0 - 217 (Start of last TLB phase)
(2B,3B,4B,5B) end rank 146

7. blackoak - 8,501,350 - ALL-V
05 - 174 - 727 (or is this "total rank"? not sure what that means...)
route: babb

8. eebrozgi - 8,433,080- ALL-V
08 - 0 - ?
(BBBB)

9. pandoraXhunter - 7,976,400 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 175
(2B, 3B, 4B, 5B)

10. CRI - 7,886,510 - ALL
05 - 0 - ?
(2A, 3A, 4A, 5B)

11. Pjoxt - 7,693,580 - ALL-V
01 - 50 - 170ish?
(BAAA)

12. Squire Grooktook - 7,309,260 - ALL
4 - something - something

Last edited by Squire Grooktook on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Squire Grooktook

Re: Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

Squire Grooktook - 7,309,260 - ALL
4 - something - something

From screwing around first play session last night.

I am definitely gonna edit and improve this thread. I'm not sure how to split the boards based on difficulty now, and I definitely think the ships above 3 need to be their own category, but for now I'll keep them together so people can compete against eachother. Will edit later.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

This version doesn't have the "easy mode" cap. The only splits for difficulty should be for starting rank 0 and starting rank any, I think.

All the ships are pretty different, even the secret versions. I don't know what to do about that one except split everything/nothing.

It would also probably be a good idea to have a field for routes. Worse, you might even want to consider splitting by at least the final stage, though I recommend splitting by all up (original version route + fake final boss) and all down (Steel Rondo route + real final boss) for this; it's clearly much more interesting.

There's also the pretty neat boss rush mode, if you truly want to double all of the above.

Basically this game is impossible to track, and that's why I stayed away from it. I really must apologize.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Squire Grooktook

I think the people playing need to figure out what's up with scoring in the game first. Whether the alternate stages are better for scoring or not, etc. I will probably not bother splitting by route/stage tbh though.

As Xaerock pointed out, you can switch between the first 4 ships in practice mode, but not the other 2. Which to me, implies that those ships are meant to be "standard", whereas the others are meant to be more like arrange modes. I will probably split for those eventually. But lets get some competition first.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zaarock - 8,535,940 - ALL
4 - 0 - ?
(2B,3B,4B,5B/TLB) end rank 153

Third credit I played. Once I started playing for score & raising rank I just can't beat this shitclear score :lol: Stage 4B seems absolutely ridiculous to not get hit at high rank so maybe it's not worth selecting.
video

Definitely should be a board for starting rank 0 which is the default. You can jack it up really high (over 500?) with all the shootable boss parts and item carriers anyway.

It's hard to make stage time limits with the Psyvariar ship.
Squire Grooktook

^^^Default vs "any rank you want" is probably a good seperation. How far do you think rank can be pushed from 0, by the way?

Will probably think up a decent way of formatting stage order in there.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
pandoraXhunter

Post by pandoraXhunter »

pandoraXhunter - 7,976,400 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 175
(2B, 3B, 4B, 5B)
Replay

Got this on my first credit of the alternate routes, and 01 was picked by mistakes XD
Youtube|Twitter|Twitch

1cc List
Now playing: Beatmania IIDX
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Squire Grooktook wrote:^^^Default vs "any rank you want" is probably a good seperation. How far do you think rank can be pushed from 0, by the way?

Will probably think up a decent way of formatting stage order in there.
My view of this is that you can go to rank 150 (120?) immediately on a clean file - 0 is a selection just as much as any other starting rank. 0 is just a floor like rank 1 in deathsmiles. IIRC the game doesn't record starting rank, much less rank it separately which seems reasonable given how the game is set up.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Sean_A

Post by Sean_A »

Sean_A - 8,698,140 - ALL
1 - 0 - 217 (Start of last TLB phase)
(2B,3B,4B,5B) end rank 146

Fifth full playthrough, A lot of hits from stuff that I can easily learn still. Despite its difficulty I think 4B is definitely worth going for. There are a lot of carriers in the stage so you can usually raise rank even if you play bad.

Video
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

You can get to over 500 rank in a 0-rank starting run (just check your total rank when beating the game, that's your rank without any hits taken). Raising it takes some effort & 500 already covers the rank range most people will play at. Sadly the scoring seems broken as hell, you're better off milking bosses and stuff rather than going for a clean run with few deaths
CRI

Post by CRI »

CRI - 7,886,510 - ALL
05 - 0 - ?
(2A, 3A, 4A, 5B)

what is that heat bar? really don't know what that is for.
and why did this guy get a 16mil endbonus?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSG2oLvKaLM
don't really understand this game but it's fun. :)

and because you are going to improve this thread.
how about write the scores in one line? makes the table easier to read.
like this:

CRI - 7,886,510 - ALL (AAAB) - 05 - 0 - ?
Squire Grooktook

Updated
CRI wrote:CRI - 7,886,510 - ALL
05 - 0 - ?
(2A, 3A, 4A, 5B)

what is that heat bar? really don't know what that is for.
and why did this guy get a 16mil endbonus?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSG2oLvKaLM
don't really understand this game but it's fun. :)

and because you are going to improve this thread.
how about write the scores in one line? makes the table easier to read.
like this:

CRI - 7,886,510 - ALL (AAAB) - 05 - 0 - ?
Yeah, no idea how heat works yet. I think it's related to fire power, and it sometimes (?) seems to rise when I die. That's all I got.

I'll probably reformat to a cleaner format like your example soon.
Zaarock wrote:You can get to over 500 rank in a 0-rank starting run (just check your total rank when beating the game, that's your rank without any hits taken). Raising it takes some effort & 500 already covers the rank range most people will play at. Sadly the scoring seems broken as hell, you're better off milking bosses and stuff rather than going for a clean run with few deaths
Boss milking? How does that work? I didn't know bosses had anything to milk.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zaarock - 10,131,260 - ALL
04 - 0 - ?
(BBBB)
Squire Grooktook wrote:Boss milking? How does that work? I didn't know bosses had anything to milk.
Try milking the 5B TLB, it shoots popcorn everywhere and the final gives points. You can get 3mil without even destroying them on purpose depending on the ship. In that replay the guys score got doubled after the stage bonus. Maybe some secret for getting time bonus on every single boss? In another replay with all B stages he tries to leech points off the TLB final but not long enough to let the timer run out. So maybe the milking isn't that bad
CRI

Post by CRI »

Squire Grooktook wrote: Yeah, no idea how heat works yet. I think it's related to fire power, and it sometimes (?) seems to rise when I die. That's all I got.
just found out that all the info for this is in the readme.txt.
it explain the game pretty good so check it out.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF - 8,033,010 - ALL-V
01 - 308 - ?

I think I've got that starting rank right. First time going through all the B sides. I somehow cleared with the Psivariar ship (5?) with like 4 million - there is almost no reason to go to 5A unless you really prioritize the clear over score at all.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The 5B TLB's destructibles' points are pretty insane. 4 mil isn't tough there.

CSF - 9,600,970 - ALL-V
01 - 100 - ?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

First credit, all A routes chosen:
Shepardus - 4898830 - ALL-V
Blue ship - 0 - 179
(Are we numbering ships from 1, or 0 like in the original game? If 0, then I chose ship 1.)
CRI wrote:what is that heat bar? really don't know what that is for.
From the readme:

Heat:
Displays your Mecha's attack level.
The number of Shields you start with when respawning is decided by this value.
Heat is affected by Rank (see "Rank" under Game System for more details) among other factors.
The maximum Heat is 5.

In turn, Rank plays a factor in determining Heat by increasing it every 100 levels.
Heat will also increase by 1 whenever you have no remaining Bombs, no remaining Shields,
no remaining lives, or more than 500 time.
Edit:

All B routes chosen:
Shepardus - 8500970 - ALL-V
Blue ship - 0 - 174

Perhaps it would make more sense to report Total Rank (which I think is the sum of the rank values at the end of each stage) rather than Highest Rank since unlike the original game, Steel Rondo tells you the total rank at the end of the game rather than the max rank.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF - 10,270,700 - ALL-V
01 - 176 - ?

Need to work more on high rank play - I don't think my total was even over 1,000 this run.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Squire Grooktook wrote:As Xaerock pointed out, you can switch between the first 4 ships in practice mode, but not the other 2.
That's weird.

That aside, there are supposed to be twelve ships: six "normal" and six "alternate", like the original game's three normal and three alternate.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Squire Grooktook

I did a really lazy copy/paste update of everyone's scores. Let me know if I missed anything.

Apologies for leaving this thread as a mess, but going through some school stuff right now that prevents me from really playing or thinking about this. Will fix it up eventually.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

You missed the second score at the bottom of my post. Also, it looks like people are numbering the ships from 01, so I used ship 02.
Zaarock wrote:You can get to over 500 rank in a 0-rank starting run (just check your total rank when beating the game, that's your rank without any hits taken).
I'm pretty sure "total rank" is actually the sum of the rank values you have at the end of each stage.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Despatche wrote:That aside, there are supposed to be twelve ships: six "normal" and six "alternate", like the original game's three normal and three alternate.
Yup, I just found out I have five of the six alternate ships unlocked. I'm not sure how they're unlocked but it's probably just through playtime like everything else. I had only played four of the six "normal" ships prior to noticing the alternate ships so it certainly doesn't require that you play every ship to unlock their alternates. Note that three of the six "normal" ships are also locked at the start so unlocking the alternate ships is probably the same process as unlocking those, which is to say, just play the game.

The alternate ships are accessible by pressing up/down at the ship selection screen or simply scrolling left/right past the edge.

When you get around to cleaning up the tables I would recommend splitting by ship and last stage choice. 5B boss milking makes the game very different compared to 5A and it'd be nice for people who don't like it to have the choice of playing 5A. I personally would like splitting by zero/non-zero start rank but it's not as important. Splitting by other stage choices is probably more trouble than it's worth. Recording total rank makes more sense than max rank since that's what the game displays at the end now.

Anyway, a new score:

Route: A-A-A-B
Shepardus - 9,649,330 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 342
Total rank: 794
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
eebrozgi

Post by eebrozgi »

eebrozgi - 8,433,080- ALL-V
08 - 0 - ?
(BBBB)

fun video game
If watching the trailer of the game
makes you feel a certain way
I would be very happy if
you would give the game a try

~Daisuke Amaya, 2015

ZeroRanger - RELEASED!
KAI

Post by KAI »

Fun indeed.

KAI - 8,428,040 - ALL - V
01-0-?
(BBBB)
Pjoxt

Post by Pjoxt »

Pjoxt - 7,693,580 - ALL-V
01 - 50 - 170ish?
(BAAB?)

Love this shump
Last edited by Pjoxt on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squire Grooktook

Updated! Once again, let me know if I fucked anything up. Why do you people have to suddenly have good taste in games when I'm the most stressed out :3

Nice reformatting in a month maybe, once my head stops spinning.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Pjoxt

Post by Pjoxt »

Pjoxt - 9,151,770 - ALL-V
01 - 0 - 230ish
(AAAB)

So I got an 8,5 mil score by going the BBBB route, but since I'm bad I die a lot on the B levels. Going all A until final boss left me with more lives, letting me milk it for much more, killed it with 0 seconds remaining.
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI - 9,714,080 - ALL
01- 50 - 2XX (AAAB)
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI - 13,017,670 - ALL
01- 00 - 2XX (AAAB)
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

blackoak - 8,501,350 - ALL-V
05 - 174 - 727 (or is this "total rank"? not sure what that means...)
route: babb

adore this game, though i dont really know what i'm doing in terms of scoring. judging from the end of stage multipliers, i'm guessing its just don't die/bomb?

i love how differently the ships play. graze force is my favorite though, soooo fun
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!