Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Shepardus

Re: Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo

Post by Shepardus »

blackoak wrote:adore this game, though i dont really know what i'm doing in terms of scoring. judging from the end of stage multipliers, i'm guessing its just don't die/bomb?
There's a readme in the game directory that explains most of the mechanics, but in short:
  • Avoid getting hit or bombing
  • Destroy boss/midboss phases quickly for a time bonus
  • Raise rank as high as you can, which involves doing the above, as well as point-blanking item carriers to make them drop better items
  • Finish with as much time remaining as possible, which involves getting time bonuses as well as raising rank (which is tied to scroll speed and shot power)
  • (New to Steel Rondo) Shoot at the areas on bosses/midbosses that are circled when you get close to them
  • (New to Steel Rondo) Destroy enemies quickly OR at close range to get the Short/Tall/Grande bonus (quick kills at any distance give a sparkling "Grande" and are worth the most, after the counter on each enemy runs out then proximity determines whether you get Short, Tall, or Grande)
  • (New to Steel Rondo) Choose the B variant of the last stage and milk the TLB for tons of points
Or, to put it even more simply, play quickly and aggressively and don't die.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Out of math class for now and no longer horrifically stressed out, so I gave this an update. Sorry for the delay.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

maximo - 12,547,760 - ALL
01-50 - 252 (BABB)

Replay: https://youtu.be/C2uiiMdgyhw

Currently working on this for Calice Cup PC Special. Even though it looks like going for all harder routes would be the optimal strat, I am extremely inconsistent on 3B's midbosses/boss, so I opt to do 3A instead, then go back to 4B ( point blanking a ton of item carriers to increase rank+ get items), and then 5B ( for the ridiculous TLB milking at the end). Might go back & improve before the tourney ends.