Raiden IV

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Maurener

Re: Raiden IV

Post by Maurener »

Overkill - Normal - Fighting Thunder ME-02 Kai
Maurener - 35,526,470 - 2-2 - Plasma - 1P - PC (Steam) pic

I was doing some practice on 2nd loop Ultimate diff and then give a run of the World Rankings mode. Planning to 2-ALL this mode as well getting the 100%/Platinum without pause-exploit.
My name is now MauCast
Nguyen Vinh Loc

Post by Nguyen Vinh Loc »

Arcade Original - Easy - Me-Kai
Vinh Loc - 48,613,180 - 2-5 - Proton - 1P - Steam PC

How can i get used to the second loop ? How ??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

So I went and wiped a lot of stuff. Sorry, thought I'd try this. The board looks a less intimidating and my sanity has improved slightly. If people don't like it, I still have a copy of the original.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
MauCast

Post by MauCast »

Overkill - Normal - Fighting Thunder ME-02 Kai
MauCast - 44,891,240 - 2-3 - Plasma - 1P - PC (Steam) pic

I really want the 2-ALL of this, could have been further if it wasn't for some mistakes.
Also, change my old name to my current one.
edusword

Post by edusword »

edusword - 60,047,090 points - 2-ALL - Arcade Original - 1P - PC (Steam v1.01)

https://youtu.be/yXIk0Zjt90Y
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Arcade Original - ME02
iconoclast - 66,516,840 - 2-ALL - PC Steam https://youtu.be/skY3KQXHY-U
MauCast

Post by MauCast »

Arcade Original - ME02
MauCast - 64,802,170 - 2-ALL - PC Steam
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

Arcade Light - No Miss No Bomb
DawnHibiki - 27,806,040 - 1-ALL - PC
Recorded on December 30th, 2019
My replay: https://youtu.be/FpJeY6seDlc

"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Congrats on the clears!

Unfortunately, I am not taking Light scores at this time. This game has way too many categories, and the first loop of Original is very similar to Light. Believe me, I'm a Light hero too...
MauCast

Post by MauCast »

OverKill - Normal - ME-02
Maucast - 80,329,150 - 2-ALL - Proton - 1P - PC Steam pic

Replay on World Rankings, n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶Y̶T̶ ̶t̶b̶h̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶a̶w̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶p̶ ̶2̶.̶.̶.̶
Last edited by MauCast on Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

MauCast wrote:OverKill - Normal - ME-02
Maucast - 80,329,150 - 2-ALL - Proton - 1P - PC Steam pic

Replay on World Rankings, not sure if I want to upload my run to YT tbh, so many awful deaths on loop 2...
Huge congrats! And please do upload the video, every run has it's mistakes. If anything, recovering from a big setback is really cool to watch.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Updated. Now we have the Switch version, and God knows what weird changes it's got...
MauCast

Post by MauCast »

Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

MauCast wrote:Uploaded my run
Thanks for the upload! Very much looking forward to watching it!
Last edited by Meriscan on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

I dont know when/if I get my normal/normal run so heres my best at the moment:

Arcade (LIGHT) - Normal difficulty - the newer ship of the two (Fighting Thunder?)
Angry Hina - 24,714,730 - 1-ALL - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix Version on Switch

https://youtu.be/HrYDr7OZHGE

(ah, sorry, you've written it: no light mode)
Steven

Post by Steven »

Despatche wrote:Updated. Now we have the Switch version, and God knows what weird changes it's got...
Sorry, I'm making this even more complicated.

Arcade Original - Original - Fighting Thunder
Steven - 7,514,070 - 1-3 - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix PC
Spoiler
Apparently spamming the charge missiles is the best way to get points. That's not exactly a very interesting way to get score...
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

raising risk bacause of not killing enemies the quickest way possible to get score is a ok'ish way, I guess.

Arcade (original) - Normal difficulty - the newer ship of the two (Fighting Thunder?)
Angry Hina - 24,943,440 - 1-ALL - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix Version on Switch

https://youtu.be/J-ySkqrel4s
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yeah, but it kind of makes the speedkilling aspect not so great; I checked out Jaimers' run from a while ago and he's saying that the missile points are generally better than speedkilling everything, which defeats having that mechanic in general. Speaking of missiles, is there a reason to use the M missile or the R missile? The R missile in particular seems pretty bad. M missile is okay, especially when charged, but H missile seems to be the best.

Any known differences for player side?
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Especially in later stages, when the helis (?) fly to the very buttom of the screen and shoot you from the side and you have to adjust your movement, H is a must (for my grade of skill). If you have a very good knowledge of the pattern of these popcorn enemies, M can be good for taking down the bigger enemies in the dangerous corridor sections of stage 3 and 4 for instance. The bosses 1-4 go down of course a bit quicker with M.

Played myself only with H but changed to R for the stage 5 boss. I think R+ Laser gives you the fastest kill, if you use bombs.

Arcade (original) - original difficulty - the newer ship of the two (Fighting Thunder?)
Angry Hina - 29,852,740 - 2-1 - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix Version on Switch

https://youtu.be/bpwKzRt1wBo

-> Iam done whith Arcade mode. This run took around 60 hours for me...
Last edited by Angry Hina on Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Steven wrote:Any known differences for player side?
This has been asked here:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... v&start=30
Steven

Post by Steven »

After experimenting with the M missile it looks like the H missile is theoretically better for score against tough enemies and bosses since the H missile is weaker than the M missile and kills things more slowly, so if you want to sit there and milk bosses or large enemies with charge missiles H missile is probably going to be the best one to do it with. I don't know about the scoring in the arcade mode, though; I think it's kind of broken since the charge missiles seem to give more points than speedkilling in most cases. I'll have to mess around with both the charge missiles and speedkilling stuff some more to see what happens.

I also found out like 2 days ago that this game doesn't have score extends at all. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any score extends, and now I know why.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Steven wrote:After experimenting with the M missile it looks like the H missile is theoretically better for score against tough enemies and bosses since the H missile is weaker than the M missile and kills things more slowly, so if you want to sit there and milk bosses or large enemies with charge missiles H missile is probably going to be the best one to do it with. I don't know about the scoring in the arcade mode, though; I think it's kind of broken since the charge missiles seem to give more points than speedkilling in most cases. I'll have to mess around with both the charge missiles and speedkilling stuff some more to see what happens.
Why is it broken? The charge is the main score tool and you also can get some extra points with less risk, if you speedkill things. Seems to be an ok'ish concept.
Steven wrote:I also found out like 2 days ago that this game doesn't have score extends at all. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any score extends, and now I know why.
What do you mean with extends?
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

It's broken because it goes against the game's overall concept of speedkilling, and conflicting score systems are actually terrible.

Extends = extra lives.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

But if its meant to be the main score system and the speed killing is just a little bonus? But it seems to be a not that refined concept, wouldnt call it broken either.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Either way, scoring in this game's normal arcade mode or whatever is kind of fucked. Need to try that overkill mode some more, as that looks pretty cool.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Arcade Original - Original - Fighting Thunder
Steven - 11,878,270 - 1-3 - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix PC
Spoiler
Slight improvement. Yes, the PC version seems to run at 57 FPS for some reason and I have not found a way to fix it yet. Might switch to PS4 version, but the loading times are ridiculously long compared to PC and I really don't want to have to deal with that.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Angry Hina wrote: Arcade (original) - original difficulty - the newer ship of the two (Fighting Thunder?)
Angry Hina - 29,852,740 - 2-1 - Plasma - 1P - Mikado Remix Version on Switch

https://youtu.be/bpwKzRt1wBo
This Score on original/original has been used to update my original/normal score. Could someone please check that.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Angry Hina wrote:But if its meant to be the main score system and the speed killing is just a little bonus? But it seems to be a not that refined concept, wouldnt call it broken either.
I assure you that the speed killing is intended to be the main scoring mechanic. It's also the main scoring mechanic of the previous game, Raiden III, as well as the next game, Raiden V.
Angry Hina wrote:This Score on original/original has been used to update my original/normal score. Could someone please check that.
Sorry, fixed. Have I mentioned that I hate this game with its 1000000 categories? Because I hate this game. Seriously tempted to delete all the Normal difficulty and DLC character boards at this point, except everybody is gonna play OverKill on Normal difficulty...
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Even if its not intended but in reality its the main scoring system and its well playable this way, so what?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Going up and pointblanking stuff to kill it quickly is risky, but it gives you less points than the less risky charge missiles, which let you just chill at the bottom of the screen or even in a safe spot with literally no risk to yourself at all while still getting more points than if you killed whatever it was quickly. It's bad game design.

If it was the other way around and speedkilling gave you more points, that would be better. All they'd have to do to fix it is to increase the multipliers for speedkilling, decrease the points from the charge missiles, or both.

Anyway, it seems that the PS4 version of IV Mikado also has the stuttering and loads more slowly than the Switch version while the Switch and apparently PS5 version don't stutter. PS5 has over double the lag of PS4, but no lag numbers for PC or Switch that I can remember seeing, so no matter what version of Mikado you play it probably sucks in some way. Lol what a release...

Oh yeah, there is that Xbox version as well. I always forget Xbox exists because it and its games more or less just don't exist at all here, as almost no stores actually carry any Xbox stuff at all. I wonder how the Xbox version of IV Mikado is. It didn't release here on Xbox at all, of course, as it's pretty typical for Japanese Xbox games to not actually get released on Xbox in Japan.