Bari-Arm/Android Assault [Mega/Sega CD]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

Bari-Arm/Android Assault [Mega/Sega CD]

Post by Perikles »

This game contains a lot of other people's ideas, it's almost comparable to Steam-Heart's in that regard. Mainly Thunder Force IV, but there are also influences from titles such as Heavy Unit, Gleylancer, Gradius II, Rayxanber II, Last Resort, Gate of Thunder, Down Load, Eliminate Down and even Assault Suits Valken. That being said, this is a fun game even though it is a tad bit overreliant on the charge shot and a few of the stages are somewhat repetitive.

One credit only, as always. I'll add other difficulties than Normal if someone wants me to.

Please post your scores like this:

Name – Score – Stage

Normal:

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage     
1. Perikles    10,281,550   ALL     
2. PlasmaBlooD  7,367,860   ALL
3. M.Knight     6,612,570   ALL
Hard:

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage     
1. M.Knight     6,677,550   ALL
Last edited by Perikles on Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Perikles

Re: Bari-Arm/Android Assault [Mega/Sega CD]

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 10,281,550 - ALL

I'll openly admit that a huge chunk of my score stems from the final boss' minions, in my defence I have to report that I honestly couldn't find a better solution for this harrowingly resilient bullet sponge. That guy just does not want to die! So I played it safe and camped on the far left, conscientiously destroying the little scions.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD - 7,367,860 - All Clear

Old score from Thegforum ...the Harddisk with picture is damaged
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Normal Difficulty
M.Knight - 6,612,570 - ALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGHlk7Ci38

I mostly used the Lv3 charged shot and didn't mind if enemies left the screen alive in the process so my score is not too incredible, but nonetheless I am glad to have gotten the clear! That last boss is such as a tough fight. I had 7 lives before fighting him in this run and lost all but one of them.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hard difficulty
M.Knight - 3,862,530 - Stage 6 Boss
Spoiler
Trying my hand at the Hard difficulty. It only differs at some specific spots, but some are crucial such as the stage 6 boss.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hard difficulty
M.Knight - 5,409,790 - Stage 7 Boss
Spoiler
I made it to the last boss this time, but lost the few lives I had left to its first form. So far I don't think it changes compared to its Normal equivalent.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hard difficulty
M.Knight - 6,677,550 - ALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fkqW2vHwts
Spoiler
I got the Hard Mode clear! I think Stage 6 is the critical point in the run as getting in it without the mecha and its fast charged shots means you are likely to have one of the midbosses still on screen while the mines are active and that just cascades into lots of lost lives.

I might try Mania next.
Mordecai Walfish

Post by Mordecai Walfish »

Mania Difficulty Clear

Mordecai Walrus - 5,927,450 - ALL

I played this game for my first time last week and was able to clear Mania difficulty within a couple tries, by using the stage select code and practicing the final 3 stages a handful of times before attempting this run:

https://youtu.be/HEGLJ-Ajfqw

Played via the excellent MiSTer FPGA Mega CD core. Final score/name entry is shown at the end, but if needed I can upload a pic somewhere also if that's required to get on the board here.

Didn't play for score at all, just the 1cc. As you'll see in the video, I cut it very close, and only made it through by luckily getting that last extra life right before the boss battle. Those small ships at the end of the stage that swarm in are worth a lot!