Nexzr [PCE]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

Nexzr [PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Well, someone has to do it. :wink: Maybe a few people participate and I might get back to the game in the process! :mrgreen:
It doesn't matter if you played Summer Carnival '93 - Nexzr Special or regular old Nexzr, they're identical as far as the gameplay is concerned.

One credit only, as always.

Please post your scores like this:

Name – Score – Stage

Normal:

Code: Select all

Name                Score    Stage     
1. Ex_Mosquito        3,900,400   ALL
2. Perikles           2,801,920   ALL
3. UGO                2,752,770   ALL  
4. PlasmaBlooD        2,586,250   ALL
5. andsuchisdeath     2,577,110   ALL
6. BIL                2,555,340   ALL
7. Kollision          2,540,360   ALL      
Hard:

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage            
1. UGO         2,509,890    ALL      
Last edited by Perikles on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Perikles

Re: Nexzr [PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 2,459,380 - ALL
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

quite a classy game this one :)

Kollision - 2,540,360 - ALL

BIL

Post by BIL »

My shameful clear of this superb game, inflated by many deaths in st6's wallmaku extravanganza. Normal difficulty, one credit, main game:

BIL - 2,555,340 - ALL

Just started my PCE collection and this is exactly the sort of goodness I've longed for. :mrgreen: Was a blind clear from st4, and I was on the edge of my seat with the dumbest grin the whole time. I think this is a masterpiece of consolised memorising. Tough enough to create that deadly tension, but battling out of a checkpoint never feels at all punitive. Ship speed, hitbox and powerups are perfectly judged to help determined players back on their feet. Hugely entertaining stage and enemy designs, too. Environmental dangers galore, and an array of spacewar machinery bristling with laser cannons*, grenade launchers, homing missiles, minelayers and the occasional hull-shearing claw. Hell of a game. *especially lasers - Nexzr is a goddamn chocolate box of 'em. Rayforce-esque.
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 2,572,310 - ALL

You guys gave me the incentive to tackle this game yet again. Some strategic checkpoint milking was done in order to boost the score. I thought for a second that the scoring system is broken in stage 5 since the robots seemed to spawn forever at first, but the programmers were actually prudent enough to stop the reinforcements after a while. Very unusual for a 16-bit shooter, the only other title that does this as far as I'm aware of is Koutetsu Teikoku. Just a small thing, of course, highly delectable nonetheless!
BIL wrote:I think this is a masterpiece of consolised memorising.
It kinda plays like a mixtum compositum between Soldier Blade and Image Fight, doesn't it? Delighted to see that you're delving into the PCE now, I'd love to recommend Final Blaster (HuCard) - it's not a perfect game (has some pretty nasty flickering), but an astoundingly solid one with a great atmosphere in later levels. Fairly tough, too, it even features a pseudo-proto Border Down level rank system. :o More people should play it!
UGO

Post by UGO »

Hi. A score today :

UGO - 2,458,710 - ALL

L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
UGO

Post by UGO »

Hard difficulty : UGO - 2,509,890 - ALL

L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
UGO

Post by UGO »

Normal difficulty : UGO - 2,752,770 - ALL

andsuchisdeath

Post by andsuchisdeath »

Normal difficulty : andsuchisdeath - 2,577,110 - ALL
Spoiler
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Normal difficulty : PlasmaBlooD - 2,586,250 - ALL

okay my real Nickname is Andreas Katzmaier...this is And sometimes sometime i write PLA,BLO for Bloody,MrBloody72, Plasma72,PlasmaBlooD ;-)
i found this old replay on my PC.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Normal Difficulty: Ex_Mosquito - 3,900,400 - ALL

Played on real hardware....with a CD-R

My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Might as well update this with another score of my own:

Normal

Perikles - 2,801,920 - ALL

Did you milk the fifth boss for its missiles, Ex_Mosquito, or have you managed to find another, faster way of boosting the score? Apparently you're not invincible after disposing a boss, the easiest way would be to somehow get a double K.O. with the final boss, I assume. Can you crash into it when it stays on the screen for a few seconds after its defeat?
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Heh no I didn't milk the missiles, that would take hours :) I used 4 different milking points to take advantage of the generous 1-ups.

1st: Stage 2 Boss. Suicide into the rocks after the boss is defeated. Luckily you're awarded the kill bonus the second the boss dies but you're still vulnerable for a moment afterwards, plenty enough time to suicide into the rocks and repeat until you have no lives in stock. It's nothing as tight as the double KO timing required for Pulstar or Chelnov for example.

2nd: Stage 3 boss. Same as before but suicide into the wall until no lives in stock.

3rd: Stage 6 Midboss. Well he's more of a pre-boss I gues. I killed the midboss to get the kill bonuses and then collected the shield and power-up for extra points before the boss, then I suicide on the boss when he spawns until no lives in stock.

4th: Final Boss. With the extra lives awarded from the previous boss kill I collect the shield and power-up icons for a few thousand. You can milk the 2nd form of the last boss's 'red-laser drones' attack for some extra meaty points, but they don't appear that frequent and it gets a little tedious waiting for it. Technically I guess you could counterstop it if you had the patience to milk the red drone attack. Would probably take a few hours though :)
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Normal

maximo - 2,555,210 - ALL
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »