L-Dis [PCE]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

L-Dis [PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Enchanting little game on the PCE. Not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, you just need to get to grips with the Japanese signs on the power-ups. It's certainly possible to milk some bosses, although I'm not sure if you can do it indefinitely or not. This is yet another game where you have to be somewhat quick with immortalising your score - the boss is worth 200,000 points in case it matters.

One credit only, as always.

Please post your scores like this:

Difficulty
Name – Score – Stage - Arms

Normal

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage   Arms     
1. Perikles    2,102,800    ALL     A
2. UGO         1,259,100    ALL     A      
Hard

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage   Arms     
1. UGO         1,072,000    ALL     A
Last edited by Perikles on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Perikles

Re: L-Dis [PCE]

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 1,224,100 - ALL
UGO

Post by UGO »

Played in 2010 :

Normal - UGO - 1,259,100 - ALL - Arms-A
Hard - UGO - 1,072,000 - ALL - Arms-A
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Normal

Perikles - 2,102,800 - ALL - A

Despite making several sloppy mistakes I managed to get a 1LC this time, always great. You can indeed milk forever in this game, I had a suboptimal set-up for this particular milking spot and killed the boss after a while, but as you can see, I still got a considerable boost in score. Have to say that it is a fairly enjoyable milking process as opposed to the rather monotonous grind in most other 16-bit games, it's furthermore not quite trivial.

Still maintain my opinion that this is a resplendent game. I love that the trailing options block bullets and that quite a few stages and boss fights are build around this. Adore the Hyper weapon as options, allowing them to shoot through walls in order to take out pesky turrets and the like, adds a fantastic tactical element in the vein of Gradius to the game (which obviously influenced this game a lot, considering that there's also a Gunwall and a Big Core, a force field, missiles that trail on the ground, options...). Perhaps a bit repetitive at the beginning, but the outstanding final stretch makes more than up for it. Only the amount of flicker is a trifle excessive.

I think I create a few more PCE score threads tomorrow, those might not be the greatest games to play competitively, but I'm having way too much fun with my monologuing, it's a handy combination of keeping scores, leaving notes and commenting on the quality of a game. :mrgreen:
Kino

Post by Kino »

Kino - 1,070,400 - ALL - B