eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Nwodatek

eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package

Post by Nwodatek »

Welcome to the eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package scoreboard! You can buy the game on: Steam - Gamersgate - Desura

Guide to the game: Link (Credits to Reiko)

Submission Format:

Difficulty
Name & Score & Stage & Autobomb ON/OFF & Replay

Rules:

- Single credit only, no continues
- Specify if you used Autobombs
- Replay required for the #1 place (and encouraged for everyone else)

EASY
R=#&Name&Score&Stage&Autobomb&Replay R=[b]1[/b]&Nwodatek&11,817,020&ALL&OFF&[url=http://www.restartsyndrome.com/userrpy/194u87rEasy-14928211921.dat]Replay[/url] R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&---&---&---

NORMAL
R=#&Name&Score&Stage&Autobomb&Replay R=[b]1[/b]&Nwodatek&21,588,460&ALL+TLB&OFF&[url=http://www.restartsyndrome.com/userrpy/194u87rNormal-141008150852.dat]Replay[/url] R=[b]2[/b]&CSF&16,526,720&6&OFF&[url=http://www.restartsyndrome.com/userrpy/1u87rNormal-14926152017.dat]Replay[/url] R=[b]3[/b]&Ratikal&14,037,370&ALL+TLB&OFF&[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NbwTPRJcI]Replay[/url] R=[b]4[/b]&Prinny&8,752,190&6&OFF&[url=http://www.restartsyndrome.com/userrpy/188u87rNormal-14926191142.dat]Replay[/url] R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&---&---&---

HARD
R=#&Name&Score&Stage&Autobomb&Replay R=[b]1[/b]&Nwodatek&6,079,840&ALL&OFF&[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download/r2g4l5ddb5688xa]Replay[/url] R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&---&---&---

EXCEED
R=#&Name&Score&Stage&Autobomb&Replay R=[b]1[/b]&CSF&5,801,530&5&OFF&[url=http://www.restartsyndrome.com/userrpy/1u87rExceed-14927135653.dat]Replay[/url] R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&---&---&---

Notes:

- If you die at the Extra Stage put a 6. If you cleared the game plus the Extra Stage put a +TLB.
- Most replays desyncs at Stage 1 the first time you see them, but it gets fixed if you see it a second time.

Tell me if I forgot something. Also I'm surprised that this game didn't had a Scoreboard until now.
Last edited by Nwodatek on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Nwodatek

Re: eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package

Post by Nwodatek »

I'll start myself:

Hard
Nwodatek & 6,079,840 & ALL & Autobomb OFF & Replay

This is my first 1cc (on this game), so I think the score is quite low.

eXceed difficulty is unlocked by beating the TLB it seems, as I 1cc'd Hard and it didn't appear. What are the requirements for the Extra Stage is something I don't exactly know.

EDIT: Damn, the replay desyncs
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Normal
Ratikal - 14,037,370 - ALL+TLB - Autobomb OFF - REPLAY

You unlock the TLB by no-miss/no-bombing the Stage 2 and 3 midbosses, which in turn unlocks a Stage 4 midboss that you must no-miss and no-bomb in order to access the extra stage.
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Normal
Prinny & 5,913,280 & ALL & Autobomb OFF & Replay

Died to the fourth stage midboss so I lost my chance to access the extra stage. I'm not sure if this is a high scoring run for normal either. Not sure what to do when replays desync. I had that happen with this run, but the time I started recording it fixed itself. Kind of random for when it happens.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Prinny wrote:Not sure what to do when replays desync. I had that happen with this run, but the time I started recording it fixed itself. Kind of random for when it happens.
If the desyncs become a common problem, I'll change the requirement to a screenshot.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

How do you increase the multiplier? I'm getting 2x or 4x by the end of each stage and I suspect that's because I don't know what I'm doing.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

CStarFlare wrote:How do you increase the multiplier? I'm getting 2x or 4x by the end of each stage and I suspect that's because I don't know what I'm doing.
Speedkilling, you need to kill enemies as soon as they appear to quickly increase it. It goes down again by bombing, losing a live or taking to long to kill a enemy. I'm reading that the multiplier can go as high as x64, however I was only able to get it to x16.

Maybe there's more to the score mechanics of this game, I still don't know how relevant grazing is for example.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Ah, thanks. Seem to be doing better now - looking at Ratikal's replay, it seems like speedkilling bigger enemies does more for your chain than smaller ones?

Also, are there any other requirements for the stage 4 midboss? I NMNB 2 and 3's but she never appears. I've turned Autobomb, Demo, and Auto-slow off.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Yes, in some cases you might want to save your charged shot to bring down the big ones quickly.

It seems that you need to 1cc the game first to make Remedy appear at stage 4. My replay desyncs because of that. In my run Remedy didn't appear since I didn't 1cc the game before in any difficulty, despite the fact that I did managed to NMNB the midbosses, but the replay doesn't take this into consideration and throws Remedy in, resulting in a obvious desync.

What does Auto-slow do anyways? Haven't tried it myself.

EDIT: Here's a very in-depth guide about the game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =121477532. Credits to Reiko for it.
Only read part of it myself, but it seems to cover everything.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Nwodatek wrote:Yes, in some cases you might want to save your charged shot to bring down the big ones quickly.

It seems that you need to 1cc the game first to make Remedy appear at stage 4. My replay desyncs because of that. In my run Remedy didn't appear since I didn't 1cc the game before in any difficulty, despite the fact that I did managed to NMNB the midbosses, but the replay doesn't take this into consideration and throws Remedy in, resulting in a obvious desync.

What does Auto-slow do anyways? Haven't tried it myself.

EDIT: Here's a very in-depth guide about the game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =121477532. Credits to Reiko for it.
Only read part of it myself, but it seems to cover everything.
Reiko's guide is the main reason I got into this game. It's THE best guide I have seen for an STG.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

That guide was great, thanks!

CSF - 8,909,720 - ALL - Autobomb OFF

Will go for the EX ALL tomorrow I think. Had a terrible mistake in stage 5 that took me from x16 to x2 :?

So I think I can do quite a bit better, plus whatever happens after in the EX stage. I expect there'll be a point where I start bomb and graze milking for an extra extend/points as well, just need to decide what the best spell for bombing is (probably something in stage 6?)
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Normal
Prinny & 6,644,070 & 6 & Autobomb OFF & Replay & Screenshot

Might as well just include the screenshot.

What is going to be annoying later is getting back to the extra stage. First time I got to it and I had some silly deaths from trying to be aggressive with scoring.

I more or less used ratikal's strategy dealing with the stage 4 mid boss.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF - 6 - 12,419,040 - Autobomb off - Replay

Not a bad run. I can do this TLB if I can get through the main game without stupid deaths... may consider milking the 5th boss's attacks a bit for extra items for a hopefully extra extend... if this run is anything to go by though, I'll need to find a way to pull almost a thousand items out of a hat, though. :?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF - 6 - 16,526,720 - Autobomb Off - Replay

Went into the EX boss with 5 lives in stock. LOL I got this - nope, Quicksilver, wtf.
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Normal
Prinny & 8,752,190 & 6 & Autobomb OFF & Replay & Screenshot

Really focusing on beating the extra boss right now. At least its a 2 million increase from my previous score.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Exceed mode
CSF - 4 - 2,457,760 - Autobomb Off

Stage 1's boss is harder than stage 2 and 3's. :|
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

spammin this thread

Exceed
CSF - 5 - 5,801,530 - Autobomb off

Triggered the stage 4 midboss, who took two of my lives. Then, to top it off, I took my final hit with 7993/8000 items. If you've ever game over'd with items on the screen, you know that you collect the last few after you choose not to continue... yeah, crossed over to 8,001 while the screen was fading. Was hoping for a Garegga-style knick-of-time extend, but none was offered. ;_;

I can see a clear being within reach, but I don't think an EX ALL is doable.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Decided to give this another try, lowered the difficulty to Normal because Hard scoring was getting frustrating.

Normal
Nwodatek & 11,547,190 & ALL+TLB & Autobomb OFF & Replay

First time getting into Extra. Got near 9mill at the end of Stage 5, but since it was my first time seeing Extra by myself I couldn't score very well on it. I think 18-20 mill is doable on Normal.

Going to try to get a basic Exceed clear later.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Sorry for double-post.

EZ MODO
Nwodatek & 11,817,020 & ALL & Autobomb OFF & Replay

Decided to give Easy scoring a try, this actually went on my first credit. Seeing how high the score can get without getting into Ex (because Easy can't get to it) makes me think how high it can be on the other difficulties with Extra, a higher graze count and the same optimization (I think is actually impossible -or requires some insane skills- on Hard and Exceed, due to the suicide bullets). Infact I managed to get a x64 on Stage 3, and while I didn't got it, I think is possible to get a x32 on Stage 4 (I had some mistakes and I still made it to x16).

I don't know if I should go for the Exceed clear or try to improve my Normal score.

By the way, I added a notice regarding replays desyncs (most of them desync on Stage 1 the first time you play them, but it fixes when you see it a second time) and a link to Reiko's guide.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Normal
Nwodatek & 18,220,180 & ALL+TLB & Autobomb OFF & Replay

If it wasn't for my subpar Stages 1, 4 and 5, I could have easily got 20mill. Also I hate Quicksilver, died 3 times to that one :lol: (and got really nervous after that)
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Wow! Isn't this higher than Reiko's score? Well done!
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Thanks, but he doesn't have a 21mill run on Youtube? I didn't check but I'm pretty sure of that

(There's also a 27mill run made by another guy but that one is a TAS - or atleast I think is it, some dodges look really ridiculous - here's it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FlSltwfsjk)

EDIT: Actually 20,692,410. Just checked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_IDTDquGY
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Great score!

That 27 mil run is crazy. I'm not sure if it's TAS or not. I feel like stages 4 and 5 are less than optimal and he's taking hits where they're not necessary. But like you say, some of those grazes are unreal.

I'm just interested to see that it's possible to get above x8 on a boss. THAT is interesting.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

There is a 42 Million Exceed 1cc on Nico if anyone wants to see how a scoring run looks like.
It looks like you can get a x64 multiplier.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

CStarFlare wrote:Great score!

That 27 mil run is crazy. I'm not sure if it's TAS or not. I feel like stages 4 and 5 are less than optimal and he's taking hits where they're not necessary. But like you say, some of those grazes are unreal.

I'm just interested to see that it's possible to get above x8 on a boss. THAT is interesting.
Thanks. I'm not sure either, it's just those parts that look beyond ridiculous (that aren't few) that make it seen really suspicious.

I don't think that getting more than a x8 is possible on a boss, look at the video Jaimers linked.
Jaimers wrote:There is a 42 Million Exceed 1cc on Nico if anyone wants to see how a scoring run looks like.
It looks like you can get a x64 multiplier.
Interesting, it seems that he's using his bombs to speedkill and increase his multiplier. I thought that bombs lowered your multiplier (or atleast stopped it from increasing during the bomb).

Suiciding to get more bombs is now a viable strategy in order to score.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The 27 mil video shows a x16 on the 4th boss.

Will have to watch the vid Jaimers posted when I get home. Want to get back into this now.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

CStarFlare wrote:The 27 mil video shows a x16 on the 4th boss.
Forgot that.

Normal
Nwodatek & 21,588,460 & ALL+TLB & Autobomb OFF & Replay

Could've gone much better, so I'm not happy with this. Stage 2 went horrible, a unintended death (was planning to suicide to the last pattern, not dying to the first) and couldn't get to x16 on the stage. Screwed up the timing of the first bomb on Stage 3 so I got a x32 instead of x64. Couldn't keep the multiplier high on Stage 4. And couldn't never get a x64 in neither Stage 5 or 6. So there's a lot of room for improvement.

Anyways, I think I'm done with Normal for now. I don't know if I should improve my terrible Hard score or try to get an Exceed clear.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Since theres no ST, I figure I would ask here. How important is grazing in this game? There is a graze counter, but I never see it really affect anything unless you need a huge amount.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Seems to be good for getting extra bursts for faster kills, but not worth sacrificing multiplier for. Maybe if you're already rocking a x32 or x64 it might be worth it? Since multipliers don't get very high against bosses, it's not really worth milking for graze because you'll lose coins in the process and it's hard to make that up at 400 points per graze.

Get as much as you can without sacrificing much speed, if any.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

CStarFlare wrote:Maybe if you're already rocking a x32 or x64 it might be worth it?
I think it might be worth it by the end of stage, not long before the boss appear, if you have x16 or more (maybe even a x8 if you're confident enough that you won't screw up the boss). Getting a more than a x8 on a boss is almost impossible it seems, and I think graze is affected by the multiplier (not sure).
It's been a week since I last played this, so maybe I'm forgetting things, but I think I did this on Stage 2 on my last 21mill run, for example (and Stage 1 too if my memory is right).