DoDonPachi dai-ou-jou DEATH LABEL

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
maco

Post by maco »

It is probably the same video then, I downloaded it before I had DOJ and with a better connection as I too am using a dial up connection at the moment (so many replays I wish I could download off that superplay site).

I can’t help you with the second pattern of third boss other than to say just go for it every time, just don’t hesitate (in fact do that with all the bosses.).
I seem to get past it more times than not and I don’t think there’s anyway to make it easier other than practice.

I do the stage 4 boss the same way.
I think it would be better to be able to clear the first loop first before trying to milk the fourth boss, as it’s probably too high risk to be concerned with atm.

And I’m certain the laser bombs heal Hibachi, so I just fire the shot bomb to be on the safe side.
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

So, the last boss has three forms right? Which of these is healed by the bomb? You don't get to see the lifebar on the two first so I really have no idea although I'm guessing that he does receive damage.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

We assume that the first two forms are healed by Exy's laser bomb (like the 4th boss). The dual Hibachi's put up a shield whenever you bomb so they receive no damage, but they're not healed either.
Peace Through Violence
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

Well you know what they say, assuming makes and ass out of you and me. :wink:
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

I am SO getting my ass kicked by the fifth boss! The first big one seems like such a breeze but I manage to lose my hyper at the beginning every time. And that's where I should be dealing him damage the most, because the other attacks are just straight mad.

Does anyone have a replay where the player is NOT bombing constantly just to survive? :lol:
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Check the link that maco posted. If it's the same Death Label video I've seen then the player only bombs the first form on the second pattern, the massive overlay one (where most people bomb).
Peace Through Violence
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

Well, kinda hard to read japanese. :wink:
See alot of movies there but don't know which one I'm supposed to download.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Well if you're using IE you can hover over links and it will display them in English in the status bar. You can get an idea of what you're downloading that way.

But I'll do the work for you. :wink: The movie you want is in the 5th box down and is the 3rd link. The file is called 'ps2ddpdeath.mpg' and is 43.3MB in size.

WARNING
After watching it your face will be forever stuck in this position -> :shock:
Peace Through Violence
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Well I decided to whip out DOJ again (I jump around a lot :? ) and spent a few hours on Death Label. I usually try not to post scores unless they move me a spot but I don't see myself no bombing/no missing this anytime soon so....

Shalashaska - 1,370,444,860 - A-E - 5 - 115

No missed to Hibachi but used 2 bombs to finish off the 2nd boss and 2 bombs to finish off the 3rd. :cry:

Sidenote: I played with A-S just for fun and finished the first loop. I know it's a long shot but does anybody have a translation for what the guy is saying at the end? And the 2nd loop is just........damn. :shock:
Peace Through Violence
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

just started playing this, and absolutely love it. can only get to 1-3 with 135mil
I have no sig whatsoever.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

bumped cause i got 400 mil
I have no sig whatsoever.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

anyone knows this video?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-4_QeNQOSA

Who the fuck did that and HOW the fuck did he do that.
I assume there is some special trick at the first boss.
It looks so ridicilous how fast the upper gauge decreases.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Hypers give invincibility for a couple of seconds and multiply hit counts.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

I've seen this before myself, and it doesnt ENTIRELY make sense to me....

I've tried variations on this one myself, for that first boss.

Right now, I manage around 900 hits, but then I have to bomb as the Hyper invincibility wears off.....

But it's enough to allow me to completely avoid that first attack, at least. Once I do that, the rest of the fight is very easy.

I keep trying differing positioning with this to see if the thing will blow up real fast like that guy in the video does it, but it doesnt happen.....

Though, I also now notice he's using Exy.... Im using the Laser one.

Maybe it'll work with Exy? I dunno..... I'll try it later though.

As for my own progress, right now Im trying to deal with the 3rd boss.

I can get past the 1st and 2nd losing only one ship (if Im doing it right). The 2nd boss's very first couple attacks are definitely the worst. I can dodge the other stuff.

And the pink spam near the end is generally where I'll lose a ship.

Stupid thing.....
zakk

Post by zakk »

The trick is you have to damage with aura also.

If you notice while you have the laser active (in hyper mode or not) there's this aura around your ship. It does damage to things it touches.
CRI

Post by CRI »

like zakk say this can be done with the aura trick.
it's really easy just get damn close to the boss and try to hit him with the laser on one "option" and on the "main core".
as soon as he shoot the first bullets press the hyper button and stay where you are so that you still hit the option and the main core. (with the aura and laser)
with the 1-2 sec. invincibility that gives you the hyper you should be abel to kill the options and then point blank the main core.
after a little practise this should get really easy.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Hoboy, yes, that DID get just a BIT easy after a time.....

Now I'll blow up the side part, drop down while still firing at the core, and it'll generally explode right as a huge wave of crap flies down; then I get LOTS of stars, as well as a hit-count around 1900.

If I actually have to use a BOMB in that fight, it means Im not paying attention.....

2nd boss isnt that bad, either. Well, not anymore.

I might get hit exactly once on that fight, currently. Generally the blue spam at the end that does it (and almost ALWAYS when the boss has just the TINIEST bit of health left).

Working on the 4th boss right now.

I can get to Hibachi, but need to do it with more ships in stock.

The 4th one's first attack is such a pain in the ass..... there MUST be a better way to do that part.

2nd attack isnt bad at all, and the third one is entirely dodgeable IF I remember it's coming and position myself properly first. I forget alot, though.

And MUST STOP HEALING IT WITH EXY'S LASER BOMB. Argh!
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok, here's my current best:

Bridget - 835,878,950 - A-E - 5 - 26

I could get that score alot higher if I could handle the awfulness that is the 3rd boss a bit better.... working on that, I am.

As well as being able to CONSTANTLY beat the 2nd boss without bombing, as opposed to only doing it some of the time.

And, can someone tell me exactly what "Max Hit" means in this ranking screen? Cause Im not really too clear on that.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok, scratch that last one; Immediately after posting it, I put the game in again and got my best run yet:

Bridget - 980,981,160 - A-E - 5 - 44

Hoboy was that ever neat.....

And Hibachi didnt INSTANTLY kill me that time! I actually survived a bit inside that blasted "blue swirls" thing that it does as it's 2nd move.... if I could just get past that easier, the attack after is SO much easier to deal with.

Edit: And I just KNEW I was gonna pay for that run afterwards..... Right after that, had a long string of TERRIBLE runs filled with lotsa swearing. The 1st boss refused to blow up a few times (?), and the 2nd one just REFUSED to do any other attack other than that stupid one where it makes little wave shapes outta the dang needles and throws them in 2 huge circles of awful..... wish that boss wasnt so random.

There MUST be a better way to deal with that one......
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

ELF - 1,080,370,810 - 20 - Stage 1-5 - A-E

http://i20.tinypic.com/152yn88.jpg

decided to give it a try on this one too.
The first run already was a 995mil run 8)
After some tries I also reached my actual goal the 1bil, so im finished with that.

Also thanks to zakk for his replay which has shown me the way how to do it.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok, got another one here:

Bridget - 1,121,125,060 - A-E - Stage 5 - 38

And I dont understand how that "max hit" is calculated or entirely what it IS.....
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

It's the max hits you got on Hibachi, the stage 5 boss.
Peace Through Violence
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Shalashaska wrote:It's the max hits you got on Hibachi, the stage 5 boss.
Well, that explains that.

Now if I could just figure out how to deal with the 3rd boss's big-crazy-spray attack, I might MAYBE be able to have a slight chance of taking down Hibachi (Yesterday I finally learned how to deal with his 1st pattern, the one that annoyed me much).
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

-Bridget- wrote: I might MAYBE be able to have a slight chance of taking down Hibachi (Yesterday I finally learned how to deal with his 1st pattern, the one that annoyed me much).
i think that was just a bit of luck
you will never be able to manage these patterns, even if you understand them :?
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

elfhentaifan wrote:
-Bridget- wrote: I might MAYBE be able to have a slight chance of taking down Hibachi (Yesterday I finally learned how to deal with his 1st pattern, the one that annoyed me much).
i think that was just a bit of luck
you will never be able to manage these patterns, even if you understand them :?
Actually I've found I can deal with the first form without TOO much trouble now.

Previously, I was going about the first attack TOTALLY wrong. Decided to try something else, and it worked (namely, I was in the absolute worst spot on the screen to dodge it.... note to self, directly under boss in the MIDDLE isnt always the best spot!!!).

The second attack is still oddly easy for me to deal with (the swirls).

Third attack can be a pain, I know HOW to dodge it, but it still has a chance to trap me, and if I dont have a bomb (or just fail to use one, lol....) then it's SPLAT for me, haha.

And why in the hell did I ever think the 2nd form was easier than the others?

I die more on that than I do if I get to the third form!!!!

I actually got the dual heads down by half earlier today, so was quite happy about that though (score wasnt so good, though, so nothing to post there).

I can actually DODGE some of the stuff the dual heads do (whereas the SINGLE head from the main mode will just delete me...... odd). Of course, didnt get to the dual-tornadoes-of-pain yet. Not quite there, not yet.

My main problem right now, though, isnt Hibachi:

It's the damn third boss.

The third and 4th attacks that it does, in particular, VERY likely to hit me. Even though I know that the 4th one really isnt that hard to dodge, but it'll smack me anyway.

Also, using full hyper (not getting hit while Hyper is going) against the 4th boss, working on that.

Sorry if Im rambling a bit, but the whole mode is so freaking awesome.....
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

-Bridget- wrote: My main problem right now, though, isnt Hibachi:

The third and 4th attacks that it does, in particular, VERY likely to hit me. Even though I know that the 4th one really isnt that hard to dodge, but it'll smack me anyway.

Also, using full hyper (not getting hit while Hyper is going) against the 4th boss, working on that.

The Stage 3 boss actually is the easiest after the 1st one, the random devil of stage 2 is the most fucking pain for you strats.
It is just you cant do anything else than hoping for a pattern you can deal with, you sure know of which i am talkin about.
Whereas the 3rd boss is pretty straightforward. Bullets come fast, but you know how to deal with them, if you die here you will only notice about a second later anyway

But we seem to share beeing afraid of the 4th boss, which ACTUALLY should not be such a barrier; but since it is the 4th part of the rush and not the 1st one, a restart is not so easy to take

Hibachi itself is the other half of the shoe-pair...

HAIL DEATH LABEL!
:wink:
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

I definately have the hardest time with the 3rd boss. For some reason I just can't consistently dodge it's second pattern even though it's one of the easier attacks. :?

The 2nd boss I can usually no-miss or, at most, I have to use one bomb. The 4th boss is cake if you don't milk it which I never even really attempted. Hibachi....well Hibachi is just a bastard. :P
Peace Through Violence
neo

Post by neo »

neo - 1.123.121.281 - A-exy - 1-5 - 31

EDIT: new score, got to the twin bees this time:
neo - 1.265.518.730 - A-exy - 1-5 - 69
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

elfhentaifan wrote:
-Bridget- wrote: My main problem right now, though, isnt Hibachi:

The Stage 3 boss actually is the easiest after the 1st one, the random devil of stage 2 is the most fucking pain for you strats.
It is just you cant do anything else than hoping for a pattern you can deal with, you sure know of which i am talkin about.
Whereas the 3rd boss is pretty straightforward. Bullets come fast, but you know how to deal with them, if you die here you will only notice about a second later anyway

But we seem to share beeing afraid of the 4th boss, which ACTUALLY should not be such a barrier; but since it is the 4th part of the rush and not the 1st one, a restart is not so easy to take

Hibachi itself is the other half of the shoe-pair...

HAIL DEATH LABEL!
:wink:

I dont have much trouble at all with number 2 anymore; if I even have to bomb there, it means I made some sort of mistake.

3 though.....

It's that damn 3rd attack still. My eyes dont like to follow that type of pattern, the big wave spreads. Worst type of pattern for me to deal with.

And I see the score table was updated but my most recent score wasnt put on there...... :?
zakk

Post by zakk »

-Bridget- wrote: And I see the score table was updated but my most recent score wasnt put on there...... :?
Actually it was there! It was just attributed to ELF, and I forgot to put his score on the table. Fixed now!