Crimzon Clover for NESiCAxLive/World Ignition/EXplosion

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Re: Crimzon Clover for NESiCAxLive/World Ignition [Arcade/PC

Post by Despatche »

all updated!

(most players taking this game seriously are playing both difficulties)
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

Novice Original - Type I
DocHauser - 1,131,583,650,640 - ALL CLEAR!! - x21666 - World Ignition [v1.01]

Over to you, Blackbird :wink:

As for the 'which tables are more competitive' question, I think most people are sticking with Type I or Type III for now, so there seems to be more competition in the Type I and III rankings as opposed to any Novice/Arcade divide. Having said that, I've had relatively little trouble making at least the Top 20 in all of the Novice tables, but I'm around 20th to 40th in the Arcade tables for Type I and III, so I think that's where the main competition is at the moment.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Man, I've gotta step up my game =D. I've been practicing and I've finally got a semi-finalized route for Stage 4. It's been slow going because there are very few high-scoring videos of the Nesica version on the internet, so I've been developing the routes myself. It's also hard to score in that stage because there are so many enemies that want to ram you.

Out of curiousity, how does your stage breakdown look for that score? My run goes like this:

1194 oku - Stage 1
2044 oku - Stage 2
3175 oku - Stage 3
1716 oku - Stage 4
3010 oku - Stage 5

Practice runs have improved Stage 4 to ~3200 oku theoretically. I think they're all improvable, but I'm guessing I can make a huge improvement to Stage 5...
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

Blackbird wrote: Out of curiousity, how does your stage breakdown look for that score?
Just zipped through the replay on fast-forward. Approximate scores are:

Stage 1: 76 billion
Stage 2: 148 billion
Stage 3: 206 billion
Stage 4: 174 billion
Stage 5: 527 billion

Looks like you were pretty far ahead after the first three stages, but I made it back on Stage 5. :)

I had one stupid death on the TLB so I probably should have had the no-miss bonus for Stage 5 as well...
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

I guess you can some of my scores as well:

Boost Novice - Type Z
Neptas - 2,574,149,940 - ALL CLEAR!! - 31:40:03 - World Ignition [v1.01]

Original Novice - Type I
Neptas - 1,327,904,812,150 - ALL CLEAR!! - x24989 - World Ignition [v1.01]
Video

Time Attack - Type Z
Neptas - 82,146,550- ----------- - x 3136 - World Ignition [v1.01]

As you can see, I really worked only on the Original mode, just made this new score today, pretty glad of it except I died twice quite stupidly (losing 125 billions :l )

EDIT: Finally made a decent score on Time Attack. Woohoo
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

Time Attack - Type I
DocHauser - 56,284,980 - Break 2488 - World Ignition v1.01

Time Attack - Type II
DocHauser - 54,454,300 - Break 2381 - World Ignition v1.01

Time Attack - Type III
DocHauser - 65,238,190 - Break 2720 - World Ignition v1.01
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Lil' up for my Original Novice score:

Original Novice - Type I
Neptas - 1,528,617,338,670 - ALL CLEAR!! - x20393 - World Ignition [v1.01]

I really wanted to record the video, but sadly, the replay ingame doesn't work at all. In the replay, I take a hit that I didn't when actually doing the run, making everything else false :l

Anyone got the same trouble with the replay?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Man, now I REALLY need to up my game. Neptas just crushed my best efforts =(. I did have a pretty amazing Stage 5 practice earlier with a no-miss TLB. I think I can theoretically no-miss clear the game now. Question is, can I actually put that together in a real run =/.
deexor

Post by deexor »

Neptas wrote: In the replay, I take a hit that I didn't when actually doing the run, making everything else false :l

I had the same problem when playing back a replay, but just restarting the game fixed it.

Fast forwarding seems to desync the playback sometimes as well.
GAME OVER
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

deexor wrote:
Neptas wrote: In the replay, I take a hit that I didn't when actually doing the run, making everything else false :l

I had the same problem when playing back a replay, but just restarting the game fixed it.

Fast forwarding seems to desync the playback sometimes as well.
I guess I'll try again then, I hope it fixes itself :s.

EDIT: It didn't work, sadly, and I've got plenty of others replays that are going very wrong.
Blackbird wrote:Neptas just crushed my best efforts =(. I did have a pretty amazing Stage 5 practice earlier with a no-miss TLB. I think I can theoretically no-miss clear the game now. Question is, can I actually put that together in a real run =/.
Hey, I'm sorry :(, I play this game too much anyway. The game is very long though, around 35 minutes for a single run, being able to maintain your focus for such long time is very hard. But with practice, it will come along before you know it
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

I don't like Double Posting, but this is pretty important:

For anyone having issues with replay files (I know this happened quite a lot everywhere), you can send the bad replay at the developers' email adress: cs-row@degica.com. they are trying to figure out what's wrong.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/285440/di ... 170018418/
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Original Arcade - Type I
iconoclast - 5,089,431,121,280 - ALL CLEAR!! - x49045 - World Ignition [v1.02]
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/2HXJL34.jpg

( 'ω')/
5 trillion get

I would've had over 5.1 if it weren't for two stupid deaths, otherwise I'm pretty happy with this run.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Despatche,
now that you can filter the hi score list for friends on Steam, what do you think of the idea of adding a section underneath the highscore table to which people can add their Steam ID if they want. (Mine is http://steamcommunity.com/id/collision22)
Mr12Inches

Post by Mr12Inches »

Novice Arcade - Type I
Mr12Inches - 1兆2564億0509万1410 - ALL CLEAR!! - x23537 - World Ignition [v1.02]
Spoiler
So I decided to give this mode another shot. Apparently I can score semi-competently in this mode, though this run was far from perfect.
I can't help but feel that this mode is a bit too easy. I know this is Novice Original, but still. Maybe I've just been playing this game too much (since vanilla, actually).
I still can't get past Stage 3 in Arcade Original, but hey. I got this mode going for me right now so it's all good in the neighborhood.
Ball is in your court if you care to play it, DocHauser :D
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

Despatche> After the v1.02 update, it seems that I'm not running the game at a constant 60FPS (it's mostly at 58-59FPS, and dips to about 54FPS when there's a lot happening on screen). Because of that, it doesn't recognise my scores as official, so if you want to remove my scores or put an asterisk next to them to mark them unofficial, then that's ok. Hopefully I can upgrade my PC in the near future and get it running at full speed...
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Boost Novice - Type I
Neptas - 3,416,047,910 - ALL CLEAR!! - 37:15:13 - World Ignition [v1.02]

Except for Boss 4, everything was almost perfect \ o /

Video here
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

I just watched your run. Very nice! Too bad about those two lost lives at the stage 4 boss.

I was wondering about the items you pick: what is the effect of the E symbol if you're in break mode already anyway. Does this add some additional time to the break mode counter?
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Bonus! wrote:I just watched your run. Very nice! Too bad about those two lost lives at the stage 4 boss.

I was wondering about the items you pick: what is the effect of the E symbol if you're in break mode already anyway. Does this add some additional time to the break mode counter?
Nope, I bomb just before picking another E item. Bombing will reduce a little the game rank, making it easier. Breaking will however stop break mode, so I'm taking the E item to turn my ship into break once again.

There is one time I took the E item without bombing, and it was a little mistake. cause I was busy with the enemies and lost focus on it. Picking this item was useless
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Thanks for the info! That makes sense.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Rank control in Novice is completely pointless, so that's a mistake in itself.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Elixir wrote:Rank control in Novice is completely pointless, so that's a mistake in itself.
I was thinking the same actually by watching the run again.
CRI

Post by CRI »

let's post some scores for this awesome game

Boost Arcade Type-Z

Code: Select all

CRI              -     1,697,691,670 - STAGE5      - 13:21:36 - World Ignition [v1.01]
Unlimited Type-Z

CRI              -   505,064,106,720 - STAGE3      -  x29871  - World Ignition [v1.02]
unlimited stage 1 replay with a 347bil score: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSMRr66Dgfk
sorry about the video quality......

and could you please add this score:
Boost Arcade Type-Z

MAD              -       972,312,240 - STAGE3      - ??:??:?? - World Ignition [v1.01]
he is not a shmups.com member yet.... but maybe soon
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

imo rank control is pointless for arcade too wwww
Bonus! wrote:Despatche,
now that you can filter the hi score list for friends on Steam, what do you think of the idea of adding a section underneath the highscore table to which people can add their Steam ID if they want. (Mine is http://steamcommunity.com/id/collision22)
hate to say it, but i don't see the point. having initials never worked out well either. most people should be able to see these scores just by flipping through the scoreboards, at least.
DocHauser wrote:Despatche> After the v1.02 update, it seems that I'm not running the game at a constant 60FPS (it's mostly at 58-59FPS, and dips to about 54FPS when there's a lot happening on screen). Because of that, it doesn't recognise my scores as official, so if you want to remove my scores or put an asterisk next to them to mark them unofficial, then that's ok. Hopefully I can upgrade my PC in the near future and get it running at full speed...
nah, i'm not gonna do all that to you, unless you absolutely want me to. unless there's been a big gamebreaking glitch (the advantageous kind) fixed, the important thing is that you played on a version that works; your scores are as valid as they were before v1.02. the version column is there for reasons just like this.
CRI wrote:and could you please add this score
gladly. goodness, you even formated it for me... greatly appreciated!
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
KAI

Post by KAI »

Fuck! This shit is brutal.

Original Arcade - Type Z
KAI - 946,771,785,460 - STAGE 5 BOSS - x20805 - World Ignition [v1.02]
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Arcade Boost - Type I
Erppo - 4,282,158,240 - ALL CLEAR!! - 25:39:50 - World Ignition

Kind of awful stage 5, might try a bit more.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Great stuff.

Does the game add your Boost time during bosses after the fight is over? I always get a bonus after but I've never paid enough attention to know if it's a flat bonus or what you actually spent fighting.

I guess if people are accruing five minutes more than what is necessary to clear they must be getting that in boss fights?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

CStarFlare wrote:Does the game add your Boost time during bosses after the fight is over? I always get a bonus after but I've never paid enough attention to know if it's a flat bonus or what you actually spent fighting.
It adds time, but I don't think the added time depends on the length of the fight since that would lead to really boring gameplay. Instead, you get a set amount of time for things you destroy. Finishing bosses in break mode gives quite a lot of time and it also means killing all boss parts is good. The timer stops during some normal stage sections with variable length too and switches to the kills=time mode.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Ah, very interesting.

Do you get time for things like the stage 4 boss's infinite turrets and the stage 5 boss's lasers?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

CStarFlare wrote:Do you get time for things like the stage 4 boss's infinite turrets and the stage 5 boss's lasers?
Yes to the turrets, no idea about stage 5. I think the time additions are the biggest score gain from the stage 4 milking actually. It's harder to do than it looks though, I never bothered with it.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Savage score Erppo :shock: