shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Caladrius & Caladrius Blaze
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:33 pm 

1.10 Story Mode:
iconoclast - 60,009,520 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/BtJqetp.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:31 pm 

Caladrius Blaze, Original Mode
iconoclast - 63,064,260 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct2JfeeWIAAAY4b.jpg

I might be able to get 64m with a perfect run, but I don't think I'll try to improve this. Could anyone tell me what the highest scores are on the PS3 version? They should have just combined the PS4 & PS3 leaderboards.

Caladrius 1.00
iconoclast - 62,573,010 - ALL - Maria - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3

Went back to clear version 1.00 on the 360. Almost no missed it, but I got point blanked by one of the blue bits early on in stage 6. It's interesting how the top 4 scorers use Sophia. I don't see why she would be better, but I'll try her out in Blaze. Too bad I can't see which weapons they used.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:23 pm 

iconoclast wrote:
Could anyone tell me what the highest scores are on the PS3 version? They should have just combined the PS4 & PS3 leaderboards.

It's interesting how the top 4 scorers use Sophia. I don't see why she would be better, but I'll try her out in Blaze. Too bad I can't see which weapons they used.

Well, they could have, but be aware since no one knew at the time there was going to be a PS4 release of Blaze, since both versions have stackable trophy lists and separate leaderboards, but the content is the same regardless. Either way, you didn't specify either certain modes/difficulties or all? But since I've plenty of time, I'll show the top scores from all modes/difficulties over PM. (Its too much to list at the moment.)
---
And for why Sophia is better is cause her Elemental Gauge (and possibly shots) last longer, though her shots aren't probably as powerful as a tradeoff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:33 am 

Thanks a lot! homuhomu_ha must be related to the Homura group that released a superplay DVD, so it's no surprise to see him on top of everything.

Yeah, I figured out why Sophia is best after playing Blaze some more. I noticed that Maria's elemental shots drained faster in version 1.00 than they do in 1.10 and Blaze, so Sophia's extra ammo should be very helpful. She doesn't have as much of an advantage in the other versions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:37 pm 

Caladrius Blaze, Arcade Mode
iconoclast - 93,170,690 - ALL - Sophia - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CukvSdQUkAAxcHF.jpg

Dropped 50k and had a slightly lower multiplier than I would have liked in stage 6, but I'm satisfied with this. Stage 6 is a lot scarier when you have to worry about not letting your score rate decay (while picking up all of the 1up pieces).

Caladrius Blaze, Original Mode
iconoclast - 65,336,880 - ALL - Sophia - Maria1/Kei1/Kei3
Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CubP_hnXYAA4OwL.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 am 

Howdy everyone! I acknowledge it's been years since this thread has seen the light of day, but regardless, I've a few cents to share in. I just found out about Caladrius Blaze a week or so back, and since the reception was great (not to mention the game looks amazing), I decided to order a Japan import of the PS3 version since I don't own a PS4 and never really use Steam for some reason. I got the game off of Amazon (goodbye $54) and will probably get it in around a week. I'm super excited for this one, but I also have a few questions.

For starters, how is the character balance in Blaze? I take balance pretty seriously, and would like it if most characters were on a similar level.

Secondly, will the fact that it's a Japanese import make anything important hard to understand for me? I know those games commonly have plenty of English, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything crucial.

Finally, is there any tips that someone can give a newcomer that would be useful to know? I'm fully prepared to play the hell out of the game, so it'd be nice to have some starting advice. I've already read ACSeraph's fantastic strategy guide, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm well aware that I'm far too late on the Caladrius train, but if anybody is still around, I'd love to chat about the game! Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic since this is the board for high scores, but it's the biggest thread on the game that I could find. Plus, if all goes well, maybe I can start getting some mean scores of my own.

In essence, I'm stoked to play the game! This probably won't totally revive the thread, but hey, a man can try.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 am 

Sorry to keep you waiting, I totally missed your post.

I wouldn't say that the characters are particularly well balanced by default, but you can mix and match the character's E-shots after a while to make each character viable, on defaults though it's a different story. The menu's are in English but yeah you won't be able to understand the story text or voice acting.

As for advice I don't know if I can add anything beyond what's in the strategy thread, I'm definitely not a master at the game, I will say though that Blaze is thankfully a bit more forgiving than the original 360 version.

For future reference, here's the original Caladrius thread, If you can be bothered to wade through it there's some PS3 Blaze talk towards the end.

Here's a more Blaze specific thread leading up to the English Asia release of the PS4 version.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7