∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Rex Cavalier

∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

Post by Rex Cavalier »

People have asked for a score thread for this awesome game so there we go! :D
No continues obviously.
Strategy thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41584

Entry format: Name - Entropy - Rate - Mode - Stage(ALLPLAY or Stage X)

Code: Select all

Name    -    Entropy    -    Rate
CADRIN  - 4,039,777,279 -    4843
KMG     - 3,758,896,481 -    4772

-Stage scores-
[image placeholder stage 1 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 1 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 1 ∀kashic]

[image placeholder stage 2 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 2 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 2 ∀kashic]

[image placeholder stage 3 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 3 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 3 ∀kashic]

[image placeholder stage 4 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 4 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 4 ∀kashic]

[image placeholder stage 5 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 5 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 5 ∀kashic]

[image placeholder stage 6 ∀dvent]

[image placeholder stage 6 ∀nother]

[image placeholder stage 6 ∀kashic]

Last edited by Rex Cavalier on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
SuperSoaker360

Re: ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

There are quite a few problems with score-tracking system in this game. Scores are only saved under the Akashic Record if you do a full clear of the game and since only scores without continues will be accepted, nobody will be able to submit a score unless they do an ALL CLEAR of the game.

I bring this up because I've gotten many game overs on Stage 5 ∀nother from terrible screw ups that cost me, not only my run, but my score as well and not even my score gets saved under Akashic Records and screenshots of the "Continue?" prompt to capture your score may not be believable. The person may have used a continue once to keep playing and net that score, despite the obvious rate drain. Also if you get a game over during the Stage 5 boss' final attack, you will not even be able to see your score if you game over.

Maybe we should try to find a work-around for this. Hopefully this issue is also addressed in the patch coming this February.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

There was some mention on the blog of changes to the Akashic Records, maybe this may be it.

Stage-only clears save to the Akashic record. We could always go with those until an All method shows up.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Alright, added stage score tables, will add images later whenever i find time to print screen and edit all of them.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

In light of the upcoming patch, I decided to try scoring on Advent. My personal goal is 4b at the moment and I'm nearing it.

KMG - 3,758,896,481 - 4,772 - Advent - ALLPLAY
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

(apologies for the names on the scoreboard, I don't care much about them)

CADRIN - 3,675,551,545 - 4316.3 - Advent - ALLPLAY
That is hilarious. I did better while drunk than I normally do when sober. That shizzle does not fly in most bullet hells, I don't think. I have even almost beaten Komugi/SuperSoaker360, too! And despite the huge gap in total rate acquired. (Although there is not much competition, eh... I guess Akashicverse really is more of art for art's sake than a proper game where you can compete for the best score, what with the lack of the replay function.) But seriously now, you need to play aggressively in this game while scoring, so I can see how alcohol can aid bad players such as myself in doing just that, since it lowers inhibitions and makes you braver. But obviously winners don't do drugs, and the best scores can only be acquired while sober, focused, etc. There is no denying that.

I also wrote up a huge, GINORMOUS text detailing my strategies and some things I noticed in the game. But I don't think here is the place to post all that, neither does it seem appropriate. I think I'll keep it to myself for now, maybe add more info to it, verify some of it, and make the whole thing more concise...
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

Annnnd a few hundred thousand more. I broke the 4 BIL barrier! [pic]

CADRIN - 4,039,777,279 - 4843 - Advent - ALLPLAY

I thought I did pretty well, but obviously there is room for improvement. For instance, look at how I used the Eliminator, look at it and laugh:

1: Stage 1, before the first large gauntlet of small enemies (that is a good place, because it lets you clear the large wave of fast enemies, and also gives you enough time to break the large ship that fills up the screen with tiny enemies if it is destroyed quickly, then use your huge laser to destroy those enemies for loads of entropy)
2: Stage 2, when there are destructible walls first to the right, then to the left (I guess it's an OK spot, but maybe it's better to save the Eliminator until the very end of Stage 2? I was surprised how easy it was to dodge Stage 2 omake boss' attacks, and I actually killed her on accident, so I didn't have to use Phalaenopsis Ex Machina to save myself)
3: Stage 3, on the girl with regenerating shields
4: some random place after the side-scrolling section of Stage 4
5: Stage 4, Hymeno, seconds before launching her instakill move (lol, why would I do that, using the Eliminator on the boss generally seems like a bad idea scoring-wise)
6: Stage 5, Freak Out: Euthanasia (ok, now that was a total waste, but I just wanted to see if that's possible - I don't remember if you can use it DURING the method, but you can definitely use it as the screen goes black and the HUD disappears, and while Hal's final health bar slowly fills up, but the music has not yet started) (spoilers: your eliminator is useless and deals next to no damage)
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...