The STG Hall of Records [CLOSED]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
NTSC-J

Re: The STG Hall of Records

Post by NTSC-J »

Wyvern Wings has been in the STG Hall of Records since I made the list, but the Western high was only up to 1-4 and begged for a clear.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

I got a chance to peek at the new Arcadia and there were a number of new records for older games (Dimahoo, DOJ WL, Progear, Ketsui), but I only had time to jot one down: a new DonPachi high from the enigmatic and eccentric SOF-WTN.

SOF-WTN - 74.893.610 - Type A
Gus

Post by Gus »

That's a pretty amazing score. Too bad the guy is a jerk and never releases vids or strategies. :evil:
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Damn, another three million? No-miss, no-bomb, I bet. There's no possible way such a ridiculous score would be possible otherwise.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
marus

Post by marus »

February Cave Arcadia scores are here. There are quite a few good scores, although the only one of significance for this thread is:
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu ver 1.5 [URA LOOP]
1,110,937,033,835 - Yusemi - Type B-P
There's a couple other new scores as well:

Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!
G.M.C.Z. - 879,146,450 - ALL - Fululu

Seisou Kouki Strania
レベル固定の腕輪 - 18,230,340 - Vower
(note - the name is a reference to an item from Fushigi no Dungeon 2: Fūrai no Shiren, and means something like "Braclet of Level Fixing")

Also this doesn't really belong here, but it's still kinda neat:
1941 (Double Play)
こいずみ(P1) & CNT(P2) - 18,418,600 (9,345,400 and 9,073,200 respectively)
Last edited by marus on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Thanks once again. Epic DFK score!
TomuS

Post by TomuS »

I have a little change for my Ryu Jin entry, I used the "Phalcyon" ship.

Ryu Jin
West: TMS - 1.391.440 - ALL - Phalcyon - Autofire OFF

Plus one new entry under UPL:

Koutetsu Yousai Strahl
West: TMS - 999.999 - ALL - Autofire ON

What does "+α" mean behind the score? Should my score have it too? This game counterstops at 999.999.
"Woh woh woh, gonna break you down!!
The table will turn around, you'll see!!"
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

+α means that the ingame counter actually goes beyond the given score, but will be counted as a counter stop going by Arcadia rules, so that players don't have to play Raiden for 100hours straight to get the "real" counterstop.

Usually comes in handy when higher loops stay at the same difficulty and repeat itself without any increased challenge for the player.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Psikyo_Ball

Post by Psikyo_Ball »

new score for sengoku blade

1,845,800 - Hagane - 2-6 - Katana - MAME
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Already beat you to it. I check the other threads on a regular basis, so no need to notify me unless of course I`ve missed one.
Naut

Post by Naut »

Raiden Fighters Jet
(Japan)
West: Azinth - 145,691,196 - Slave (Judge Spear) - ALL3 - MAME
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Looks like you missed TomuS's post.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Thanks, guys, I'm slipping. Updated!
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

A couple days ago, BOS at the shmup.com forum set a new Western Dragon Blaze record. Pretty remarkable stuff.

West: BOS - 2.448.300 - ALL - Quaid

.inp and emulator
video
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Is there a reason DFK BL isn't seperated by style? Bomb/Power/Strong are different difficulties like with the Mushihimesama games.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Some corrections for Strania on the G.rev games list:

the score is currently shown like this:

Seisou Kouki Strania
World (Hard): レベル固定の腕輪 - 18.230.340 - Vower
West: ???

But "Vower" is an alternate mode (DLC for consoles) with completely different levels and bosses, not a ship type :P
the main game would be "Strania", you should probably list them both.

The western records are probably the ones by mrmonkeyman in the hi-score thread here so the scores should be something like this;

Seisou Kouki Strania

World (Strania): Dread Cattle - 16,561,750 - Expert
West (Strania): MrMonkeyMan - 15,399,110 - Hard

World (Vower): Levelfix - 18.620.660 - Expert
West (Vower): MrMonkeyMan - 17,161,770 - Hard

edit: scores updated, all of these are from leaderboards of the XBLA version.
Last edited by Zaarock on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I thought the records would have been on Expert. Is there no difference in scoring between the 2?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Zaarock wrote:World (Strania): マッキさん - 16,404,210 - Hard (taken from this post, probably outdated)
It is definitely outdated, yes. When I last checked it (late December or so), the records were as follows:

Hard: momo412 - 16,514,850
Expert: Dread Cattle - 16,561,750

I don't have the main game nor the DLC, so that is strictly from the leaderboards the demo generously gives access to. Note that the Expert score is actually higher; until recently this wasn't the case.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:I thought the records would have been on Expert. Is there no difference in scoring between the 2?
Nope, afaik expert only adds suicide bullets to a lot of enemies/projectiles. The main score difference between normal and hard is that normal doesn't have the TLB on either side.

edit: huh, the Vower side world record is on expert too. Maybe there is some hidden bonus? Vower on expert is pretty tough, weird if someone got a higher score on it if there is no increase score potential.

Thanks for the info moozooh, I'll just check the leaderboards myself and edit the post, heh.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Is there a reason DFK BL isn't seperated by style? Bomb/Power/Strong are different difficulties like with the Mushihimesama games.
Good point. I`ve mentioned earlier that I don`t want to list scores for each ship type, even for games like DFK, because it would clutter things up and if we did it for one game we would have to do it for all games, which would lead to piddly placeholder Twin Galaxies-type Western scores for unpopular games like Change Air Blade that have like a dozen ship types.

However...DFK BL does alter the game depending on ship type so they are essentially different modes and should be listed separately.

Everything should be up-to-date, thanks for the Strania and DB scores.
Gus

Post by Gus »

EOJ has some higher Bomb and Strong scores at cave-stg.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Rechiku on the French boards has a better score (link) for DFKBL Power:

øS-Rechiku -1.372.109.842.615 - ALL - type B-P
jasoneckert

Post by jasoneckert »

Here is my high score from Raiden (actual arcade in my basement): 27,877,700
This is after completing 6 missions (each mission completion awards 1 million bonus points x number of missions completed). Technically, you could get counter stop (100,000,000) after completing 12 missions.
marus

Post by marus »

One new (non-CAVE) score from the March Arcadia:

Under Defeat
YOH - 7,660,380
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

jasoneckert wrote:Here is my high score from Raiden (actual arcade in my basement): 27,877,700
I don't mean to be rude, Jason, but this thread is for single player, single credit scores. Your pic shows that you had a dummy player join in and used multiple credits, so your score isn't eligible.
jasoneckert

Post by jasoneckert »

Actually saucykobold - I used dual player so that I could use the right side controls on the arcade only (just a personal preference when I play). The first player was never played (which is why the second high score is the default). I only used 1 quarter for this score - I made sure that I collected medals without hitting obstacles so that I scored free lives during the game (25 gives you this) - I tried to get at least one free play from each level because level 7 and 8 usually use them up. With level 8, the trick is to stick to the left and avoid going after the choppers - they actually leave you alone if you are on the left. I've been playing this game a long long time ;-)

Not sure if this fits the mold of this forum, but I thought I'd clarify it anyways.....
Cheers,
Jason.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

If you start a game on the 2P side and never touch 1P, your score will be entered in the Solo Fighter table. Your pic shows the Dual Fighter table so you played at least one credit per side. Continuing in a two player game doesn't reset the score or send you to the last checkpoint. You took advantage of this pretty recently, so I hope you'll excuse me for wondering about your latest score.
I tried to get at least one free play from each level because level 7 and 8 usually use them up.
Regardless of dip settings, you get exactly two point-based extends and up to two 1up items for the entire game.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

jasoneckert wrote:With just over $50 in quarters, tonight I completed all 8 levels of the RAIDEN arcade game.....three times!
I can't tell if you're joking here or not.
jasoneckert

Post by jasoneckert »

On my arcade (original PCB/cabinet), even if I touch the 2-player button, it loads both players and you just have to let player 1 die. There is no way around it that I can find. Of course, player 1 will get some points (usually about 1500) just by dying three times and hitting stuff. Maybe it is different on MAME if that is what you're using.

Also, on my arcade, you typically get several 1ups in each level (audible sound) when you score rapidly (25 consecutive medals will do this, but there are other conditions whose patterns I haven't figured out yet).

You are correct when reading my blog that I've been spending the last few months playing some hardcore video games. I've been a long time Raiden player (my favorite arcade), and since it is now in my rec room, I play at least a few hours per day (and I'm loving it). Of course, there is a learning curve there - one of my first challenges was to complete the first 8 levels with less than $5 in quarters. Now, I can play for hours on a single quarter and pretty much have every enemy mapped out with regards to timing and patterns. The only pattern I can't figure out is what triggers the 2 asteroids that sometimes fly up behind you when you are fighting the boss at the end of level 6 (the four-headed boss).

My most recent challenge (actually today) was to get to counter stop (99,999,999) - I added a pic below. Each mission (8 levels) is exactly 35 minutes long, so it took over 8 hours and 14 missions to get it, and I didn't care about doing this one with a single quarter ;-). I've found that when the counter stop is reached, you can continue playing but the score stays at 99,999,999. What I found even cooler is that it enables free play (the credit turns to 9 and stays there no matter how many times you die for all future games while the power is on), and if you end your game, the intro sequence that shows clips from various levels is disabled - you just have the Raiden start screen forever and must choose to start a game. I wonder if this was by design....

Oh, and NTSC-J - I actually wasn't kidding about the $50 in quarters thing - that was back when I first got the game - I'm far better than that now ;-) Cheers, Jason.

NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

jasoneckert wrote:On my arcade (original PCB/cabinet), even if I touch the 2-player button, it loads both players and you just have to let player 1 die. There is no way around it that I can find. Of course, player 1 will get some points (usually about 1500) just by dying three times and hitting stuff. Maybe it is different on MAME if that is what you're using.

Also, on my arcade, you typically get several 1ups in each level (audible sound) when you score rapidly (25 consecutive medals will do this, but there are other conditions whose patterns I haven't figured out yet).
You need to play on default settings for your score to be acceptable. You havent checked the DIP switches?
Oh, and NTSC-J - I actually wasn't kidding about the $50 in quarters thing - that was back when I first got the game.
...but you posted that less than a month ago. You`ve been playing this game for ages and up until last month needed to continue hundreds of times, but suddenly in the past couple weeks you can do it all on one coin?